Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Full Kit Wanker Holiday Mode

el punal

A few years back Mrs.Punal and I went on holiday to Majorca for a week. We stayed in a lovely hotel that ticked all the boxes for an inexpensive stay, providing all in breakfast and buffet for an evening meal. When we turned up for our first breakfast I noticed a chap wearing a Celtic home shirt, fair enough. Then, at dinner, the same chap was there wearing the Celtic away shirt. The next meal, the Celtic third strip shirt. And, behold, by the swimming pool, yep you’ve guessed, a pair of Celtic shorts. This wardrobe of all things Parkhead carried on throughout our week at every meal time and in between.

Now I know us football fans like to show allegiance to our chosen club while on holiday - for me it’s an Albion polo shirt on the odd occasion. A discreet little number that drew admiring glances from the discerning guests. But, it begs the question, how much and far would you go to show your love for your team apparel wise? Mr.Celtic was definitely of the mind that ‘more is much more’. :drink:

worthingweird

Mar 8, 2023
A few years back Mrs.Punal and I went on holiday to Majorca for a week. We stayed in a lovely hotel that ticked all the boxes for an inexpensive stay, providing all in breakfast and buffet for an evening meal. When we turned up for our first breakfast I noticed a chap wearing a Celtic home shirt, fair enough. Then, at dinner, the same chap was there wearing the Celtic away shirt. The next meal, the Celtic third strip shirt. And, behold, by the swimming pool, yep you’ve guessed, a pair of Celtic shorts. This wardrobe of all things Parkhead carried on throughout our week at every meal time and in between.

Now I know us football fans like to show allegiance to our chosen club while on holiday - for me it’s an Albion polo shirt on the odd occasion. A discreet little number that drew admiring glances from the discerning guests. But, it begs the question, how much and far would you go to show your love for your team apparel wise? Mr.Celtic was definitely of the mind that ‘more is much more’. :drink:
I never do cheap resorts...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I only wear a replica shirt at a games.

When I visited New York with my daughter, she wore an "Art of Football" sweatshirt wth the old badge and I gave her my old palookaville shirt.

I had a new badge Brighton hoodie and a Brighton T shirt amongst my things.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Were you in Paphos last week?!

Saw a chap on the coastal footpath wearing an Albion polo shirt but didn't get the chance to say hello

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Were you in Paphos last week?!

Saw a chap on the coastal boardwalk wearing an Albion polo shirt but didn't get the chance to say hello
I’ve been to Paphos twice (not last week though) and met fellow Albion fans on both holidays, been to Majorca and Ibiza many times and never seen anyone wearing anything Albion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a pair of Albion ski gloves

mt blanc.jpg

That's Mont Blanc, in the middle

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Celtic fans truly are the worst with this
Followed by Liverpool/Leeds in my opinion.

Out in Portugal last week and noticed 3 blokes in celtic kits. Maybe Chuck one on around the pool but eating out etc, no no no

My bad experience across the Med and Canaries over the decades was Manure and Mackems.

Mouthy, seemed to hate every other set of fans, hideous towels, flags and full kits worn at every meal.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
….. full kits worn at every meal.
If I had a quid for every time on holiday I’ve seen a bloke in his 50s/60s sitting in a restaurant opposite his wife that’s clearly “made an effort” while he’s proudly wearing a Burnley shirt I’d have about a fiver now at least

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Celtic fans truly are the worst with this
Followed by Liverpool/Leeds in my opinion.

Out in Portugal last week and noticed 3 blokes in celtic kits. Maybe Chuck one on around the pool but eating out etc, no no no
Yep. There’s a bloke who shops in the Tesco on Boundary / Station Road who’s constantly in the same (smelly) Celtic shirt, paired normally with “Hawaiian” shorts. Never seen him in anything else.

Honestly, the fact he looks like a tramp gives his team away, absolutely no need for the confirmation.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Yep. There’s a bloke who shops in the Tesco on Boundary / Station Road who’s constantly in the same (smelly) Celtic shirt, paired normally with “Hawaiian” shorts. Never seen him in anything else.

Honestly, the fact he looks like a tramp gives his team away, absolutely no need for the confirmation.
I’m aware of this individual!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here