Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
A few years back Mrs.Punal and I went on holiday to Majorca for a week. We stayed in a lovely hotel that ticked all the boxes for an inexpensive stay, providing all in breakfast and buffet for an evening meal. When we turned up for our first breakfast I noticed a chap wearing a Celtic home shirt, fair enough. Then, at dinner, the same chap was there wearing the Celtic away shirt. The next meal, the Celtic third strip shirt. And, behold, by the swimming pool, yep you’ve guessed, a pair of Celtic shorts. This wardrobe of all things Parkhead carried on throughout our week at every meal time and in between.

Now I know us football fans like to show allegiance to our chosen club while on holiday - for me it’s an Albion polo shirt on the odd occasion. A discreet little number that drew admiring glances from the discerning guests. But, it begs the question, how much and far would you go to show your love for your team apparel wise? Mr.Celtic was definitely of the mind that ‘more is much more’. :drink:

Imagine the conversation with the Mrs before each time he goes out. What should I wear dear? I was thinking of this years away kit as I wore this years home kit this morning, but i have this years 3rd kit as well as last seasons home kit I've not worn since yesterday as well as last seasons away kit and got last seasons 3rd kit in reserve, just in case someone thought I was a Ranger fan. But if you want I have each of the home and away kits for the last 10 seasons with me if you fancy a change?

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
It really annoys me when people turn up at 'non football's sporting events wearing football shirts. The most annoying are the one or two who turn up at the Crucible for the World Snooker final wearing replica kit whilst everyone else is smart casual. No class.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I have a Cap.

I wore it to Breakfast on my recent holiday and 3 waiters told me their team (AEK) had beaten us (they were so proud).

My sunbed wore a towel and 2 Brighton Supporters came by to say hello.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think I've ever seen Mont Blanc from either. It's skiing from La Rosiere in france down into La Thuile in Italy :thumbsup:

Mont Blanc from Les Trois Vallées this April, but 40 miles away.

IMG_0811.png

How was skiing in La Rosière, I’ve only ever heard good reports?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a Cap.

I wore it to Breakfast on my recent holiday and 3 waiters told me their team (AEK) had beaten us (they were so proud).

My sunbed wore a towel and 2 Brighton Supporters came by to say hello.
Did your sunbed say hello back?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Badge, hat or occasional t-shirts or polos. Try not to double up. But everywhere I went this summer, on my 6 country euro tour, was 60% PSG, 25% Man U and the rest were mostly Chelsea or Real Madrid. I have been Albion attired abroad and walk past Utd or Chelsea adorned planks, just hours after we've spanked their team and yet they don't bat an eyelid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was on a week-long cruise recently, there was a passenger (mid 50s male at a guess, and at the higher end of the XL sizing range) who was wearing a Man City shirt (seemed to have several) every time I saw him. Clearly wouldn’t have been able to go into the main dining room in the evening in one, so there he could be seen in his Man City polo shirt. Saw him leaving the ship in one port - Man City coat and hat, obviously. I didn’t see anyone else wearing a football shirt other than in in the gym, although one or two Yanks were occasionally in NFL shirts (it was a US cruise line).

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I'll admit, when I'm on holiday and it's a "lazing in the sun by the pool, not going out anywhere day" I'll wear an albion replica to and from the pool, and at lunch/indoors anywhere.

I actually much prefer to wear replica kits in the heat vs polo shirts etc because I find they are much more breathable and ergo not as sweaty.

Not full kit though, just the shirt.

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Yep. There’s a bloke who shops in the Tesco on Boundary / Station Road who’s constantly in the same (smelly) Celtic shirt, paired normally with “Hawaiian” shorts. Never seen him in anything else.

Honestly, the fact he looks like a tramp gives his team away, absolutely no need for the confirmation.
Seen him bless him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here