Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It's a hard watch at present.

Tariq had no useful runs tonight, he's quick but it didn't make any difference tonight cos he didn't run.

Wellbeck missed a sitter.

Biss was good, as usual.

Adam played the whole game

Sanchez was better than Ryan. Good.

Conclusion. We're where we deserve to be. Bumping along the bottom.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Again, though, for the millionth time, it all comes down to a sitter missed in the first half. Overall a good performance but absolutely pathetic finishing.

They could say the same. Sanchez should not have had a prayer with either of his saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
So funny logging in after a game to see what other universe most of NSC was watching the game in. NSCs reputation for knee-jerk moaners is so so true. Lets just hope it does not infect the rest of the support or become a reputation in general.

It was a solid and decent performance. On another day we could have won, but were unlucky. No shame in that and no need to moan and do anything big differently.

You have not started a thread for us all to post in yet

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
A little less frustrated after that second half. Even though it wasn't his best game, I'm much happier to see Trossard in there ahead of somebody like Gross. I know this is unduly harsh on Pascal because he scored two important penalties recently, but honestly his presence annoyed me in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. Second best to everything and slow - and he was the freshest set of legs out there!

Obviously it's disappointing not to win, but two seasons ago this is a game we lost at Craven Cottage, arguably to a worse Fulham side. Importantly, confidence will hopefully be back a bit (both with players and fans) and if we can beat Sheffield on Saturday this'll have been a decent week at the office for Albion.

Referee MOM. Really impressed with him - fair, let the game play on, and did not make it at all about himself. Class officiating.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Can't score, won't score.

We really are a pile of crap these days.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What more can he do tactically? Numerous chances, crosses flashing across the box, domination of the ball, and yet individuals miss control, make stray passes, miss clear headers, fluff shots.

Sorry, tactically absolutely nothing wrong with the setup today. This is down to player quality.

Some of you won’t, can’t, do anything but see it as the manager, but it’s on the players on the pitch when you have that much of the ball in and around their box that much.

The team are not playing for him. There is something very wrong inside the club. The players we have at this club are good enough to get to mid table but unfortunately there is no no self belief in the team. The best that we can hope for on Saturday is another draw! He is 2 or 3 levels above his ability!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
They could say the same. Sanchez should not have had a prayer with either of his saves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree, I think the first two were both decent but expected saves for most keepers (yes the third save and subsequent claim was magnificent). No slight on Sanchez at all, he was fantastic, but I think that we're all so used to having a keeper who lets absolutely everything in, and would've let all three of those in tonight, that a keeper doing the bare minimum seems like an absolute luxury.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Potter never makes any changes in the game that affects the game. Every sub is like for like but a worse player coming on. Numerous times this season the other manager has made changes and swung the game in their favour and Potter does nothing to react. Happened again today when we were on top. Parker brought on 2 subs and we did nothing for another 25 min. Same vs Southampton and West Brom when the opposition manager made changes at half time after we were on top. I really feel that Potter is out of his depth and he will take us down. We've been lucky for the last 2 seasons but I fear it will catch up on us this season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Scott Parker thinks we are 'dominant' in set-piece situations. He's obviously not an NSC regular.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
A little less frustrated after that second half. Even though it wasn't his best game, I'm much happier to see Trossard in there ahead of somebody like Gross. I know this is unduly harsh on Pascal because he scored two important penalties recently, but honestly his presence annoyed me in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. Second best to everything and slow - and he was the freshest set of legs out there!

Obviously it's disappointing not to win, but two seasons ago this is a game we lost at Craven Cottage, arguably to a worse Fulham side. Importantly, confidence will hopefully be back a bit (both with players and fans) and if we can beat Sheffield on Saturday this'll have been a decent week at the office for Albion.

Referee MOM. Really impressed with him - fair, let the game play on, and did not make it at all about himself. Class officiating.
Agree with gross just so slow it’s like playing with ten men !

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
So funny logging in after a game to see what other universe most of NSC was watching the game in. NSCs reputation for knee-jerk moaners is so so true. Lets just hope it does not infect the rest of the support or become a reputation in general.

It was a solid and decent performance. On another day we could have won, but were unlucky. No shame in that and no need to moan and do anything big differently.

On another day

On another day

On another day

On another day

When is this other day happening?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Unfortunately you have to post the same thing every game................mainly because we never win and we never look like winning and therefore there is justified criticism for Potter. You carry on moaning about the moaners though!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Confident performance from Sanchez. Excellent reactions to stop a goal when Webster slipped. He must keep the shirt Sunday. Decent performances from Lamptey and Lallana plus Dunk was more commanding tonight after some less impressive performances recently. Aside a decent spell early second half, still struggling upfront still but an improvement on Sundays weak effort against a team who have improved lots in recent weeks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Probably Potter’s fault as well...emotional intelligence gave Sanchez’s leg extra stretch...:)
What is Potters fault is that he left Welbeck on for half an hour too long, and probably shouldn't have started him.

In fairness though, his team selection was alright apart from that. But was it really worth the wholesale changes at Leicester where he basically wrote off the chance of a result, now that we know we only got a single point tonight?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here