Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Has he shagged your Mrs?
He gets plaudits from top six managers and the players speak highly off him ... but you think heks shit.
Today as with a number of games, it has been down to the players in the final third. He can only do so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bloke can’t win football matches. Just look at his record? How long is it unfortunate that we don’t score? Of course the other managers talk well of him, he gift wraps points for them!

He current record deserves criticism.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Has he shagged your Mrs?
He gets plaudits from top six managers and the players speak highly off him ... but you think heks shit.
Today as with a number of games, it has been down to the players in the final third. He can only do so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was his substitutions which are the issue , needed pace in last 20 minutes not Gross.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think his 'Master' in Emotional Intelligence might actually be he wants to dominate people and why he got rid off some of the strong characters.... Maupay was 4 in 5 games before that incident. Tonight we were crying out for pace and he brings on Ali J and Gross.

Lamptey injury changed his sub thinking, Lallana was probably always coming off, and Trossard faded badly.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We played well tonight, no doubt we deserved the win. Var didn’t go our way, the crossbar rebounds didn’t go our way.

It has to turn. This wretched luck or fine margins not going our way will have to turn if we keep playing like this.

Delighted with Sanchez though. Especially the 2nd save.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
why did groß take about ten minutes to take that throw in there? was a great opportunity to get it into the box

That just about capped off the evening. Firstly, he was trotting slowly to support his teammate and then took an age to take the throw. Imbecilic footballers do my head in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The team are not playing for him. There is something very wrong inside the club. The players we have at this club are good enough to get to mid table but unfortunately there is no no self belief in the team. The best that we can hope for on Saturday is another draw! He is 2 or 3 levels above his ability!

I agree with many of your posts after a shite performance eg LCFC, but I can’t agree tonight.

We bossed a cocky Fulham team of a bunch of recently acquired ‘names’ who thought they were world beaters after their Leicester and Liverpool results. Potter, for his recent failings, expertly nullified their game of power, pace and relentless harrying. Upfront March and Lallana created. At last we were a threat at set pieces. Sanchez appears to be the keeper we’ve needed for ages.

Just that old chestnut now of strikers who don’t stay onside or score.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Fulham are dog turd have been since day 1 this season and we are celebrating a point like we have won promotion, just garbage beat Sheff Utd next game otherwise it’s curtains, 6 points behind Newcastle and they have a game in hand. Arsenal are not staying near the bottom all season.

Who on earth is celebrating like we've won promotion? No one on here, not the players, not the management. A point is ok, I don't think anyone thinks its any more than that.:shrug:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Important to get a clean sheet. We showed good resilience and energy.
Veltman came on for Lamptey as he seemed injured to me, hopefully ok for Sunday.
I thought we played well in patches but clear for the last 20 minutes that our main aim was not to get beaten, which would have been a disaster. This definitely affected our quality and our passing looked poor.
I thought we needed the energy of a Connolly or Maupay coming on for the last 20 minutes.
Big plus for me was that Dunk looked back to somewhere close to his best.
Goes without saying that Sunday is a massive game. Let’s hope Sheffield United put everything into their game tomorrow night and are knackered for Sunday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What more can he do tactically? Numerous chances, crosses flashing across the box, domination of the ball, and yet individuals miss control, make stray passes, miss clear headers, fluff shots.

Sorry, tactically absolutely nothing wrong with the setup today. This is down to player quality.

Some of you won’t, can’t, do anything but see it as the manager, but it’s on the players on the pitch when you have that much of the ball in and around their box that much.

There's a bizarre amount of not getting the rub of the green also. Quite a sickening lack of luck

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
We played well tonight, no doubt we deserved the win. Var didn’t go our way, the crossbar rebounds didn’t go our way.

It has to turn. This wretched luck or fine margins not going our way will have to turn if we keep playing like this.

Delighted with Sanchez though. Especially the 2nd save.

Feels like we've been saying this forever.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Important to get a clean sheet. We showed good resilience and energy.
Veltman came on for Lamptey as he seemed injured to me, hopefully ok for Sunday.
I thought we played well in patches but clear for the last 20 minutes that our main aim was not to get beaten, which would have been a disaster. This definitely affected our quality and our passing looked poor.
I thought we needed the energy of a Connolly or Maupay coming on for the last 20 minutes.
Big plus for me was that Dunk looked back to somewhere close to his best.
Goes without saying that Sunday is a massive game. Let’s hope Sheffield United put everything into their game tomorrow night and are knackered for Sunday.

Agree about Dunk to an extent but don't forget they didn't have a striker for most of the match.
Still, he looked more assured today than in recent weeks (or maybe even all season).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Var didn’t go our way, the crossbar rebounds didn’t go our way.

It has to turn. This wretched luck or fine margins not going our way will have to turn.

Sorry it does not work like that, we simply are not clinical enough, hence our wretched form continues.

Ok we played better tonight, but honestly what the feck do we bring to the premier league ?

We are stinking it out currently, I really hope we win on Sunday....

Otherwise it’s gonna be a shite Christmas....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here