[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The team are not playing for him. There is something very wrong inside the club. The players we have at this club are good enough to get to mid table but unfortunately there is no no self belief in the team. The best that we can hope for on Saturday is another draw! He is 2 or 3 levels above his ability!

That’s just anti-manager rubbish. We’ve created chances there we should be going home with a nice 2 nil win. There was no lack of effort. You and others have got it in your head it’s the manager.

Be great to get another draw Saturday, especially given the game at home to Sheff Utd on Sunday...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as Sanchez keeps his place I am happy with that but we desperately need some luck in front of goal. Dreadful miss by Welbeck and unlucky from Webster. First Liverpool goal tonight is the type of luck we need.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Some harsh summaries on here. I thought that was a solid performance - just what was needed after the recent run.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We won a battle, marginally, maybe 11-10 on points if it was a fight, but didn't score. A single point is disappointing as we defended well (finally, thank f*ck!)

Parker and Fulham are no pushovers, and they are improving, unlike us. We have no killer instinct or clinicality (is that a word?) going forward.
So didn't take the odd chance which may have made the difference.

Jury is still out on Pottinker, I'm not convinced he knows any better than some of us. We are firmly in a relegation battle

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The team are not playing for him. There is something very wrong inside the club. The players we have at this club are good enough to get to mid table but unfortunately there is no no self belief in the team. The best that we can hope for on Saturday is another draw! He is 2 or 3 levels above his ability!

Has he shagged your Mrs?
He gets plaudits from top six managers and the players speak highly off him ... but you think heks shit.
Today as with a number of games, it has been down to the players in the final third. He can only do so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Again, though, for the millionth time, it all comes down to a sitter missed in the first half. Overall a good performance but absolutely pathetic finishing.

At Leicester when it was 0-0 and today, I'd fancy most strikers to do better than Welbeck did. He was shit in both games.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Fulham are dog turd have been since day 1 this season and we are celebrating a point like we have won promotion, just garbage beat Sheff Utd next game otherwise it’s curtains, 6 points behind Newcastle and they have a game in hand. Arsenal are not staying near the bottom all season.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Potter never makes any changes in the game that affects the game. Every sub is like for like but a worse player coming on. Numerous times this season the other manager has made changes and swung the game in their favour and Potter does nothing to react. Happened again today when we were on top. Parker brought on 2 subs and we did nothing for another 25 min. Same vs Southampton and West Brom when the opposition manager made changes at half time after we were on top. I really feel that Potter is out of his depth and he will take us down. We've been lucky for the last 2 seasons but I fear it will catch up on us this season.

Subs are a massive issue for us and the elusive no plan B from the previous era has crept back in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What is Potters fault is that he left Welbeck on for half an hour too long, and probably shouldn't have started him.

In fairness though, his team selection was alright apart from that. But was it really worth the wholesale changes at Leicester where he basically wrote off the chance of a result, now that we know we only got a single point tonight?

He should have risked Lamptey, Webster and Lallana? Lamptey went off with a knock again - clearly needs protecting. Tonight Lamptey 1 sub, Lallana probably knew he wasn’t going to make 90mins probably reduced his options with regard to Welbeck.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This.

Masters in Emotional Intelligence and he’s ruined three of our squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his 'Master' in Emotional Intelligence might actually be he wants to dominate people and why he got rid off some of the strong characters.... Maupay was 4 in 5 games before that incident. Tonight we were crying out for pace and he brings on Ali J and Gross.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Has he shagged your Mrs?
He gets plaudits from top six managers and the players speak highly off him ... but you think heks shit.
Today as with a number of games, it has been down to the players in the final third. He can only do so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Upson and Jenas talking us up now - happy clappers.:rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was about to watch it and then remembered it was The Repair Shop on so thought I would watch the second half...saw it was 0-0 and put on the crown ..the one with the guy who broke into the queens bedroom warning her about thatch!

Therefore watched none of it. I am a bad fan

Looks like Brighton may be going into tier 3 so my arse ticket may be wasted!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Fulham are dog turd have been since day 1 this season and we are celebrating a point like we have won promotion, just garbage beat Sheff Utd next game otherwise it’s curtains, 6 points behind Newcastle and they have a game in hand. Arsenal are not staying near the bottom all season.

I'm celebrating a point because the table would have looked very ugly if we'd lost.

But, absolutely, we really need that first home win of the season on Sunday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports