Fraternising with the white working class

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate this crap !!
Implying that all pubs in the south are full of upper/ middle class is bollocks.
What pubs were using in WORTHING of all places ?

All the pubs I drink In in Brighton are full of working class people in manual jobs & comradery does not lack down south at all unless it was wine bars you'd been drinking in while down here.
I tell ya what. Next time you're visiting the Amex come for a drink in the hikers & see how many upper class people that lack comradery you find.... Better still tell them about your experiences up north & how we're all office dwellers that lack comradery
You really should have read my post properly before going off on one. I made so such implication and wasn't even thinking about pubs in Worthing when making the comparison.

'ere , nowt wrong with us working class

Shoeshine%20Boy-s.jpg

SHOESHINE , SHOESHINE
Get up that chimney, Bradders!

Last edited:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
You really should have read my post properly before going off on one. I made so such implication and wasn't even thinking about pubs in Worthing when making the comparison.

Get up that chimney, Bradders!

Off subject, but mansfield town going well atm. Hopefully they make it back up this season.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
IMO its the middle class who have identity issues.

they've jumped ship on the classless sociey lie (there's actually more division between the classes or rather rich and poor than ever).
We knew where we were with the upper class. Our society was reliant on upper class finance and discipline, but also working class cooperation through labour. We had common bonds, one of which was the island mentality, our heritage and common culture, symbolised by patriotism.
After the working class migrated to the towns we gradually improved our conditions, education (I think we have regressed 100 years educationally in the last 20 years) and our standing etc etc and for twenty years immediately after WWII we actually usurped the upper class, working class culture was the dominant culture in Britain
The fuckers who are destroying our country are white and middle class, they are people who didn't have an established identity other than Artisans, following the war and the explosion in their numbers, they have had to establish an identity of their own, but it isn't based on our pre-existing culture because that is what they are trying to topple, as a result they actually identify more with their peers on the Continent than they do the other classes in the UK
Was reading something the other month about alternative comedy, that Arthur Smith, he described the takeover of the comedy clubs (and the vilification of working class comedians) in the 80s as a civil war, which I found very interesting to be honest. You ever noticed how they've moved up a social scale now, instead of 'Sun Reader' it's now 'Daily Mail Reader' who they mock?

Very interesting post,agree with much of it, probably dont have to tell you it goes way deeper than that. this is so much better than the hardman shite you sometimes post

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Never understood why they call it 'Working Class',

UPPER class
MIDDLE class
and... WORKING? Lower surely...?

Or is that not PC enough?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'd be very surprised if there were that many truly working class at the Amex at £500 a season ticket.

so working class people are incapable of putting any savings together are they,if your head wasnt so far up your arse you would know not all season tickets are £500 for a start

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
The thing I've noticed since moving to the Amex is how many people smell. I guess we don't have the open air and breezes to waft it away. I know the football shirts cause a bit of sweat but some people are hard to get near.

The thing I've noticed since moving to the Amex is how many people smell. I guess we don't have the open air and breezes to waft it away. I know the football shirts cause a bit of sweat but some people are hard to get near.

So just how many have you smelled ? and have you ever stopped to think it might be YOU.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I disagree. Today's living costs etc, in my mind, say this is still a LOT of money.

The working class always finds money for entertainment, though. The uptake of Sky TV was quickest in poor areas/on council estates.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Very interesting post,agree with much of it, probably dont have to tell you it goes way deeper than that. this is so much better than the hardman shite you sometimes post

I dont talk hardman shite, i jmsut talk as i see.

Another fundamental difference between the class system is drugs.

The middle class 'experiment' with party drugs, and the working class just get stuck in.

:guitar:

I dont talk hardman shite, i jmsut talk as i see.

Another fundamental difference between the class system is drugs.

The middle class 'experiment' with party drugs, and the working class just get stuck in.

:guitar:

Sid, the really sad part is it's not just the working class that get "stuck in drugs"

A terrible thing is addiction.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Brighton has such diverse wages in its population causing it to have diverse classes.

You can find people on £1000 a week and £100 in the same pubs. Sometimes the people spending £1000 a week are the ones on £100 a week!

You do find that the ones with money are the ones that moved here and the born here Brightonians hardly have a pot to piss in.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

Had some BO monster next to us at Ipswich yesterday. Why go out stinking like that? Do they have no showers, or do they have no pride?

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
the amex provides me with my only opportunity to engage with the working class, and it never fails to amaze me how uncomfortable i am in their presence. it is tragic that marx was right, and that you identify with class more than you do race, religion or nationality.

Have you considered following the mighty Crystal Palace FC? A much classier act than those dreadful dolphins.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought i was unimpressively eyed up by some working class people as i queued for the train to the Amex last Tueday eve. About 300 of them were shepherded to the train before us by old bill and old billettes and as they passed they chanted of our likely gayness before stopping for a moment to collectively hand-gesture the penises that wereobviously regularly in our mouths, their tongues acting as bellends pressing bulges in our cheeks. These vulgarians were about 5 yards from me and various other Brightonians, most of us levelheaded, and hollered repeatedly about how our bums like to take it pleasedly. I just looked over at these beasts. I wasn't insulted at all by what they made out i might enjoy. Not in the slightest. But i was somewhat agog at what these horrid neanderthals thought was necessary to scream wth such vigour. Now, i'm not gay, but if i am from Brighton, or a very slightly educated person from anywhere, why would they think that being called it might hurt my feelings at all? It made me feel rather unpleasant at being a football fan and associated with this sort of thick-headed macho behaviour at all.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I thought i was unimpressively eyed up by some working class people as i queued for the train to the Amex last Tueday eve. About 300 of them were shepherded to the train before us by old bill and old billettes and as they passed they chanted of our likely gayness before stopping for a moment to collectively hand-gesture the penises that wereobviously regularly in our mouths, their tongues acting as bellends pressing bulges in our cheeks. These vulgarians were about 5 yards from me and various other Brightonians, most of us levelheaded, and hollered repeatedly about how our bums like to take it pleasedly. I just looked over at these beasts. I wasn't insulted at all by what they made out i might enjoy. Not in the slightest. But i was somewhat agog at what these horrid neanderthals thought was necessary to scream wth such vigour. Now, i'm not gay, but if i am from Brighton, or a very slightly educated person from anywhere, why would they think that being called it might hurt my feelings at all? It made me feel rather unpleasant at being a football fan and associated with this sort of thick-headed macho behaviour at all.

blame the sussex constabulary old boy ...and move on....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports