Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraternising with the white working class

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
IMO its the middle class who have identity issues.

they've jumped ship on the classless sociey lie (there's actually more division between the classes or rather rich and poor than ever).
We knew where we were with the upper class. Our society was reliant on upper class finance and discipline, but also working class cooperation through labour. We had common bonds, one of which was the island mentality, our heritage and common culture, symbolised by patriotism.
After the working class migrated to the towns we gradually improved our conditions, education (I think we have regressed 100 years educationally in the last 20 years) and our standing etc etc and for twenty years immediately after WWII we actually usurped the upper class, working class culture was the dominant culture in Britain
The fuckers who are destroying our country are white and middle class, they are people who didn't have an established identity other than Artisans, following the war and the explosion in their numbers, they have had to establish an identity of their own, but it isn't based on our pre-existing culture because that is what they are trying to topple, as a result they actually identify more with their peers on the Continent than they do the other classes in the UK
Was reading something the other month about alternative comedy, that Arthur Smith, he described the takeover of the comedy clubs (and the vilification of working class comedians) in the 80s as a civil war, which I found very interesting to be honest. You ever noticed how they've moved up a social scale now, instead of 'Sun Reader' it's now 'Daily Mail Reader' who they mock?

wow good post and to think I thought you were a mongoloid.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
you've missed my point. i'm not having a go at anyone, or saying that anyone is better than anyone else. i'm just saying i'm surprised how different people are from one another, and i think it's a shame.

Wait... you're saying that it's a shame that everyone's different from one another?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In my opinion, for what it's worth, class was clearly defined and precise some years ago. Due to several social and economic changes we now have a spectrum of class less clearly defined and more transient in its characteristics. In other words Upper Class was Upper Class before whereas now some only apply certain aspects of their lives and moral compass to Upper Class values. Working and middle classes have found wealth and approach different aspects of their lives in terms of class. Clearly all we have seen is people picking and choosing which aspect of which class they wish to live with and align to. WTF it's 6 p.m!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
In my opinion, for what it's worth, class was clearly defined and precise some years ago. Due to several social and economic changes we now have a spectrum of class less clearly defined and more transient in its characteristics. In other words Upper Class was Upper Class before whereas now some only apply certain aspects of their lives and moral compass to Upper Class values. Working and middle classes have found wealth and approach different aspects of their lives in terms of class. Clearly all we have seen is people picking and choosing which aspect of which class they wish to live with and align to. WTF it's 6 p.m!

Took the idea from my head and put it into words. Thanks

Some people seem to be just looking to be rude to the OP there's no need for that he is just having his views.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
'ere , nowt wrong with us working class

Shoeshine%20Boy-s.jpg

SHOESHINE , SHOESHINE

the amex provides me with my only opportunity to engage with the working class, and it never fails to amaze me how uncomfortable i am in their presence. it is tragic that marx was right, and that you identify with class more than you do race, religion or nationality.

:lolol:

OK, fair play, there are some things I miss about this place :clap2:

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
I'd be very surprised if there were that many truly working class at the Amex at £500 a season ticket.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
I prefer to think of 'class' as a personal thing rather than what someone was born in to.

For me - Man shouting and swearing and and generally behaving like a violent idiot without thinking about children and the respect of all others around him = no class at all.

-Man struggling by as a manual labourer and doing his best to scrape by to provide for his family and give them as good a life as he can with solid morals = all the class in the world

I often find myself really annoyed by how little class people have in this respect, football still seems to attract more of the former sort of classlessness than the latter at the moment but neither is worse than the other.

-Stinking rich chap in a fancy bar throwing around champagne, acting like he's better than everyone else, putting people down and thinking he has some divine right to whatever he wants = no class at all

-Stinking rich chap trying to do his bit to help out others, and to behave with dignity and respect for others = all the class in the world

harmsey

May 20, 2011
just like our great team it doesnt matter where you're from its were you're going so as one we should march on together whatever class you are

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are Tesco in Disguise and Quentin Delahunty related ???

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I prefer to think of 'class' as a personal thing rather than what someone was born in to.

For me - Man shouting and swearing and and generally behaving like a violent idiot without thinking about children and the respect of all others around him = no class at all.

-Man struggling by as a manual labourer and doing his best to scrape by to provide for his family and give them as good a life as he can with solid morals = all the class in the world

I often find myself really annoyed by how little class people have in this respect, football still seems to attract more of the former sort of classlessness than the latter at the moment but neither is worse than the other.

-Stinking rich chap in a fancy bar throwing around champagne, acting like he's better than everyone else, putting people down and thinking he has some divine right to whatever he wants = no class at all

-Stinking rich chap trying to do his bit to help out others, and to behave with dignity and respect for others = all the class in the world

Could post a load of stuff I have come across during my lifetime in regard to the above scenarios but to summarise :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here