Fox Hunting wa@kers

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

just about puts it in perspective
love the bit where the huntsman says"yeh big man" but is not quite sure about what he has said
the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable ........so there you have it

so Mr Oscar Wilde was right about something then?

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
In 2011, more than 7,000 homeless dogs were put down after their owners abandoned them - 20 a day, or one per hour.

So "Hunts" put down around the same number of dogs a year as abandoned dogs in the whole UK (there are over 60 million people in the UK).

Was this supposed to be an argument in defence of your position?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In 2011, more than 7,000 homeless dogs were put down after their owners abandoned them - 20 a day, or one per hour.

What sort of argument is this? Does this some how make the mass slaughter of hunting hounds acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

So "Hunts" put down around the same number of dogs a year as abandoned dogs in the whole UK (there are over 60 million people in the UK).

Was this supposed to be an argument in defence of your position?

She's mad. I bet she lives with a load of cats.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, ne'er the twain will meet. As I get older, I find modern attitudes to be full of nonsense and ignorance, but I'll just have to lump it. The world is changing much more rapidly now than it has done during the past 60 years. It's probably too fast for those of us who have been around a while, learnt to appreciate the practical reasons behind most traditions and done our bit to try to keep them going. But modern thinking seems to be that it's all old hat. Indeed, there seems to be a dearth of actual thinking in the modern world, just a generation of people spouting stuff without really knowing why. But I guess it works both ways.

Most people appreciate traditions but the cruel ones such as burning witches, feeding heretics to lions and fox hunting die out as public opinion becomes more educated and have more say. I would proffer it is you who is ignorant M'lady.

Camicus

Most people appreciate traditions but the cruel ones such as burning witches, feeding heretics to lions and fox hunting die out as public opinion becomes more educated and have more say. I would proffer it is you who is ignorant M'lady.

Bring back bear baiting and cock fighting that what I say

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
also curious,
if rabbit is also a farmers fiend, then why is that not farmed/eaten more,
and goat come to that, (tho obviously not an enemy of the farmer..)?

Rabbit is eaten quite a lot but it has virtually zero nutritional value so not a great meal.

Camicus

Hmmm, spot the person that hasn't spent any time on a working farm !

Really every (I am aware of the sweepingness of the statement and fully expect a Mr G Googins of greengale farm has a cat and no dogs so you know nothing reply) Farmer I know has dogs. Even if dogs are not a deterant to Mr Fox and I dont thnk they are unless there out and about rather than asleep in front of the fire like mine. Why have the pros still not come up with an answer to :-

A) Cruelty issues
B) the wholesale slaughter of there beagles
C) a rational answer as to why hunting is better than lamping
D)why hunting is better than an electric fence

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Rabbit is eaten quite a lot but it has virtually zero nutritional value so not a great meal.

I'm sorry but I'm really not sure where you got that bollocks from.

Rabbit is high in protein and low in cholesterol and fat. It's better for you than chicken. Personally I don't like rabbit but to suggest it has zero nutritional value is absolute rubbish.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really every (I am aware of the sweepingness of the statement and fully expect a Mr G Googins of greengale farm has a cat and no dogs so you know nothing reply) Farmer I know has dogs. Even if dogs are not a deterant to Mr Fox and I dont thnk they are unless there out and about rather than asleep in front of the fire like mine. Why have the pros still not come up with an answer to :-

A) Cruelty issues
B) the wholesale slaughter of there beagles
C) a rational answer as to why hunting is better than lamping
D)why hunting is better than an electric fence

I can't answer your questions as I couldn't really give a monkeys about hunting one way or the other. My comment was about the naive idea that a farmer having dogs somehow stops the lambs being taken by foxes. My uncle has a farm and four dogs yet still loses about a dozen lambs a year to foxes.

Camicus

I can't answer your questions as I couldn't really give a monkeys about hunting one way or the other. My comment was about the naive idea that a farmer having dogs somehow stops the lambs being taken by foxes. My uncle has a farm and four dogs yet still loses about a dozen lambs a year to foxes.

So if you dont give a monkeys your :Fishing: ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports