Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: Yet further proof you know nothing about me in the slightest, so don't pretend that you do.

22. Just a pup, only been supporting the club 13 years. I know f*** all about the history, the team, football in general and certainly have never been to an away game. Apparently.

Twat

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There will be many factors involved in why people go/don't go to Withdean. Would hazard a guess - backed up with a poll if I could be arsed - that the 'Forster Saga' will have a minimal number of fans voting with their feet.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Reverting to being antagonistic, well done, without these young supporters where will the club be in years to come? I really do not like people like you, why should your opinion matter more than mine or anyone else's just because you have supported us for longer?

Ow do pipe down, whos the young imp using the wanker signs etc? Trouble with you and your younger ilk is that you, as they say "can give it out but then can't take it" when smarter wiser (which comes with age) posters then wipe the the floor with you. It's not even about my opinion mattering more than a younger fans. It's when Karate Elephant Ears and you patronise (which means condescending) fans like me with comments like "you've missed the point of supporting BHA" which given you've had to revert to books to see who Bellotti and Archer were is simply laughable. And then you get all angry because you haven't the wit or distinction to do other than click on a smile to express your feelings. And whilst we're on the matter, you might not like supporters such as I. But boy are you only able to follow the club because of us. And if you have no respect for that, even grudgingly, then you're the ones we mentioned in the footnotes of survival as ungrateful sods of tomorrow that were likely to exist if (and it was a big one) we ever survived. So when you've supported the club as long as some on here, you'll do well to stop and think before you mouth off that they might, just might have been there, seen it bought the t-shirt etc in stark contrast to you. And that they don't take kindly to such remarks as that. It's akin to me saying to you now run along, school in the morning.......

Anyway, can we get back to the thread please. I reckon attendances could fall if this NF saga continues regardless of who's at fault.

One thing is for sure, we NEED Forster. His contract should have been sorted out in the summer never mind mid bloody season, then we wouldn't be in this mess. He is our top scorer, has a proven track record and despite this dodgy knee has played 30 games this season, scored fifteen goals and appears to be fitter than his 10 year younger strike partner Glenn Murray.

This is all a direct result of the club leaving it all too late again, not sorting his contract out before Janruary is an absolute disgrace. On the other hand Forster has been a pillock for putting in a supposed request after the transfer window and before a very important game.

Yet we need to play him. I know the circumstances are different however Beckford played for Leeds, after handing in a request and are own Glenn Murray did exactly the same thing, he scored goals and the issue was resolved, leaving our top scorer out in the cold is f***ing ridiculous.

Ken Brown, Gus Poyet, Nicky Forster. You have all handled this monumentally f*** witted. However we are in a relegation scrap, bridges need to be built, we need our top scorer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One thing is for sure, we NEED Forster. His contract should have been sorted out in the summer never mind mid bloody season, then we wouldn't be in this mess. He is our top scorer, has a proven track record and despite this dodgy knee has played 30 games this season, scored fifteen goals and appears to be fitter than his 10 year younger strike partner Glenn Murray.

This is all a direct result of the club leaving it all too late again, not sorting his contract out before Janruary is an absolute disgrace. On the other hand Forster has been a pillock for putting in a supposed request after the transfer window and before a very important game.

Yet we need to play him. I know the circumstances are different however Beckford played for Leeds, after handing in a request and are own Glenn Murray did exactly the same thing, he scored goals and the issue was resolved, leaving our top scorer out in the cold is f***ing ridiculous.

Ken Brown, Gus Poyet, Nicky Forster. You have all handled this monumentally f*** witted. However we are in a relegation scrap, bridges need to be built, we need our top scorer.

Is the crux of the matter. Well said.:thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Sorry but you don't hand out two year contracts to a 35 going on 36 year old with a dodgy knee.

Tell me how you reason with someone who chucks a transfer request in when all its going to achieve is bitterness and strife. Professional my arse.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ow do pipe down, whos the young imp using the wanker signs etc? Trouble with you and your younger ilk is that you, as they say "can give it out but then can't take it" when smarter wiser (which comes with age) posters then wipe the the floor with you. It's not even about my opinion mattering more than a younger fans. It's when Karate Elephant Ears and you patronise (which means condescending) fans like me with comments like "you've missed the point of supporting BHA" which given you've had to revert to books to see who Bellotti and Archer were is simply laughable. And then you get all angry because you haven't the wit or distinction to do other than click on a smile to express your feelings. And whilst we're on the matter, you might not like supporters such as I. But boy are you only able to follow the club because of us. And if you have no respect for that, even grudgingly, then you're the ones we mentioned in the footnotes of survival as ungrateful sods of tomorrow that were likely to exist if (and it was a big one) we ever survived. So when you've supported the club as long as some on here, you'll do well to stop and think before you mouth off that they might, just might have been there, seen it bought the t-shirt etc in stark contrast to you. And that they don't take kindly to such remarks as that. It's akin to me saying to you now run along, school in the morning.......

Der der der der, der deeeeeeerr SUPERFAN to the RESCUE!!!!!!!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Anyway, can we get back to the thread please. I reckon attendances could fall if this NF saga continues regardless of who's at fault.

Being 23 and thus a twat, I'd like to apologise to superior beings such as yourself for not being able to do more to save our club, due to being about 11 at the time and at school in a small village :bowdown: :wozza:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Well yes, back to the subject. I think attendances are only effected by results and who we are playing (mainly how many they bring). Looking at this season's attendances there seems to be little correlation even on the first point. So we seem to have 5,000 who turn up come what may, and losing Nicky Forster will have little effect on that. 30

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
f*** Nicky Forster.

I supported Brighton before him, and I'll support Brighton after him. I agree that if Poyet wants to sort out El-Abd's contract, he should speak to Forster about his. It's courtesy and respect for the most important player at the club. But Poyet doesn't want to commit to giving Forster a contract, which is fair enough all things considered, but I would assume he hasn't handled the situation in a way Forster agrees with. It's one of those things that happens at a club, which is fine.

But Forster is just one player... we're a CLUB. The actions of one man don't impact on my level of interest in the football club and if the only reason you want to go and watch Brighton is Nicky Forster up front, then you've missed the point of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

agree with that, players come and go, always have and always will. If Forster doesn't want to play for us anymore then fair enough, f*** him, move on.

all this boo f***ing hooing over one player is pathetic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry but you don't hand out two year contracts to a 35 going on 36 year old with a dodgy knee.

Tell me how you reason with someone who chucks a transfer request in when all its going to achieve is bitterness and strife. Professional my arse.

I don't care if he's 46 - he scores more than anyone else, has done for past few seasons and we're in a RELEGATION f*****g fight people!! He'll continue to score, maybe become a super sub at 38 even. And if his knee goes, well that's insurance. And is that any more a gamble than buying rookies who are unproven. For every Zamora, there's a lot more Elders, Revells, Foxes, Dixons etc. NF SCORES goals. We need that, or at least I thought that was the point of the game?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Being 23 and thus a twat, I'd like to apologise to superior beings such as yourself for not being able to do more to save our club, due to being about 11 at the time and at school in a small village :bowdown: :wozza:

See what I mean? "you" just can't help yourselves can you? Mock mock and mock again. Impossible to walk on without being smart-arsed or just being silently grateful. Even that's beyond you. And of course, if someone pulls you up on it, then you pull a knife :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't care if he's 46 - he scores more than anyone else, has done for past few seasons and we're in a RELEGATION f*****g fight people!! He'll continue to score, maybe become a super sub at 38 even. And if his knee goes, well that's insurance. And is that any more a gamble than buying rookies who are unproven. For every Zamora, there's a lot more Elders, Revells, Foxes, Dixons etc. NF SCORES goals. We need that, or at least I thought that was the point of the game?

And I think that is what concerns me. We are in no position to take the higher moral ground. Frankly with Forster I thought we had a good chance of rising to halfway. Without him it surely makes the task much harder. I really don't know whose fault it is, I could argue either way, but it just needs sorting out. We have two good strikers who score goals Forster and Murray. We need both. The others are all tryers who do their best, but have absolutely no record of scoring goals at this level. And that is it in a nutshell I am afraid!

I don't buy the dodgy knee thing. He has played 116 games in 3 years with relatively little injury. Giving him a two year deal at 35 years old would have been the right thing to do. It would have avoided this situation and I think we all know/knew that Forster has 2 good seasons in him.

Anyway my whole point is this should have been sorted out in the summer. Professional would have been to sort it out earlier. In the end this all stems form the clubs lack of action, not Forster's ridiculous spur of the moment panic.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't buy the dodgy knee thing. He has played 116 games in 3 years with relatively little injury. Giving him a two year deal at 35 years old would have been the right thing to do. It would have avoided this situation and I think we all know/knew that Forster has 2 good seasons in him.

Anyway my whole point is this should have been sorted out in the summer. Professional would have been to sort it out earlier. In the end this all stems form the clubs lack of action, not Forster's ridiculous spur of the moment panic.

In reality it's probably a bit of both I suspect. I can't help but compare this whole scenario to the argument I witnessed earlier this evening between my children when there was only one piece of chicken left!! They resolved it in the end (after some parental assistance) by compromising on half each. Forster/Poyet/Brown whoever, take note!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here