Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
  • Withdean is utterly depressing and our home record is a joke.
  • I've got a 4hr road trip to make and it's an evening game
  • It's likely to be freezing cold and a blizzard
  • And now the club go and drop our best player, NF, because the club every year can't get it's act together and someone's finally had enough.
  • 2 home games in a week at £23 a throw

Considering all of the above, for me, the last point above is the proverbial straw that's likely to break the camel's back. All things considered, I'm so p***ed off with the situation I'm strongly considering not going tomorrow now, as a non STH, because our club seems so amateur at times. For christs sakes we're in a relegation scrap and about to take on 3 of the top teams. Albion react by dropping our best and most experienced player. You couldn't make it up. Ken Brown, you're an utter enigma. Just go please. Go. Disgrace. Just make sure you point out you've left on your way out because people might not notice any difference. And Gus, you've hardly passed your first serious man-mgt situation with flying colours. SORT IT OUT because believe me, fans such as I have had enough and will vote with our feet. I'm not alone speaking to a few others either.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Get a grip, the blokes been a knob.

Regardless of who is to blame, we've lost our top goalscorer. Not good for getting people into an overpriced Withdean.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure how many times I will need to post this but...

FORSTER IS THE ONE IN THE WRONG YOU...:mad:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
f*** Nicky Forster.

I supported Brighton before him, and I'll support Brighton after him. I agree that if Poyet wants to sort out El-Abd's contract, he should speak to Forster about his. It's courtesy and respect for the most important player at the club. But Poyet doesn't want to commit to giving Forster a contract, which is fair enough all things considered, but I would assume he hasn't handled the situation in a way Forster agrees with. It's one of those things that happens at a club, which is fine.

But Forster is just one player... we're a CLUB. The actions of one man don't impact on my level of interest in the football club and if the only reason you want to go and watch Brighton is Nicky Forster up front, then you've missed the point of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

gonefishing

gonefishing
Oct 26, 2009
haywards heath
forsters been around long enough to know the score on contracts managers etc,you have to go with the manager and trust him on this one, forster was out of line a bit,lets hope they kiss and make up before tues

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm not going tomorrow night. £24.50 for an almost certain defeat in shit weather is a piss take.

Just hope the club see sense and slash the prices next season, as they appears to have given up on the "£10" games that were successful a couple of years back.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Also, If we are in a relegation scrap then you should be supporting the club. But you are probably right to stay away. I'd rather an empty seat than a whinger.

Edit - That can include WW too! You can come back when we are higher up the table and the weather is warmer.... bless.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not sure how many times I will need to post this but...

FORSTER IS THE ONE IN THE WRONG YOU...:mad:

As giraffe says, who gives a f*** now who's in the wrong. It should just be sorted out. Presumably you want us to stay in this league? With NF upfront, we have a greater chance you know.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As giraffe says, who gives a f*** now who's in the wrong. It should just be sorted out. Presumably you want us to stay in this league? With NF upfront, we have a greater chance you know.

f*** him, he could have cost us the result at Orient by going awol which is unforgivable, the squad seemed much more together to me on Saturday.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not going tomorrow night. £24.50 for an almost certain defeat in shit weather is a piss take.

£23 for the South Stand wings, and £24 for the centre.

Alot of money, yes, but how often do we have to go over this subject on this forum? They haven't got a great deal of choice in terms of pricing. When we get to Falmer, it will be different. We all know the problems we face at Withdean.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
£23 for the South Stand wings, and £24 for the centre.

Alot of money, yes, but how often do we have to go over this subject on this forum? They haven't got a great deal of choice in terms of pricing. When we get to Falmer, it will be different. We all know the problems we face at Withdean.

I know and how long as it been priced like that too.:facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
f*** Nicky Forster.

I supported Brighton before him, and I'll support Brighton after him. I agree that if Poyet wants to sort out El-Abd's contract, he should speak to Forster about his. It's courtesy and respect for the most important player at the club. But Poyet doesn't want to commit to giving Forster a contract, which is fair enough all things considered, but I would assume he hasn't handled the situation in a way Forster agrees with. It's one of those things that happens at a club, which is fine.

But Forster is just one player... we're a CLUB. The actions of one man don't impact on my level of interest in the football club and if the only reason you want to go and watch Brighton is Nicky Forster up front, then you've missed the point of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

Please, you're a kid. You don't have anywhere near the history I and many others have with this club. So please, don't even try and lecture me about supporting the Albion and the point of it. You really have no idea who you're talking to. But swiftly moving on to your comment. I'm not one for blind obidience - it's an old cliche that the club's bigger than any 1 player. And not a very clever one if that's all you argue in situations like this because sometimes the club is as good as the players it's got. And we're in one of those situations right now. You've got to be smarter than that and realise that this club would be even further in the mire without NF. So it calls for some clever man mgt to get the situation fixed and get the player most likely to keep us up back in the side by tomorrow evening. Not least because it's likely to produce a drop in revenue. :wrong:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Are you really suggesting there are some people who planned on going tomorrow night but have now cancelled their tickets because Nicky Forster wasn't in the squad on Saturday?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Please, you're a kid. You don't have anywhere near the history I and many others have with this club. So please, don't even try and lecture me about supporting the Albion and the point of it. You really have no idea who you're talking to. But swiftly moving on to your comment. I'm not one for blind obidience - it's an old cliche that the club's bigger than any 1 player. And not a very clever one if that's all you argue in situations like this because sometimes the club is as good as the players it's got. And we're in one of those situations right now. You've got to be smarter than that and realise that this club would be even further in the mire without NF. So it calls for some clever man mgt to get the situation fixed and get the player most likely to keep us up back in the side by tomorrow evening. Not least because it's likely to produce a drop in revenue. :wrong:

I don't care about your history, frankly. It doesn't matter in the slightest. Players come and go, they always have and they always will. The only constant is the fans, and I'm sure you've seen plenty of "star" players come and go in your time and there are plenty left. Nicky Forster is just the latest striker to come along, he'll go and be replaced and become just another part of our history.

Glenn Murray is a better player than Nicky Forster anyway, in my opinion, and the way that our squad is, we've got 3 other strikers ready to come into the side and play alongside Murray. Forster is important, but he's not the be all and end all at our club. If he left tomorrow, it would be a shame but our club goes on. We are not here to serve Forster, he's here to serve our club.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Also, If we are in a relegation scrap then you should be supporting the club. But you are probably right to stay away. I'd rather an empty seat than a whinger.QUOTE]

Look, I'm satisfied my cock's bigger than yours but what I really want to know is how far you travel to get to the Withdean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here