Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Listen, Harry Potter, when you get your first girlfriend she'll ask you questions relating to your past. That's called history. Elephant Nob or whatever his name is was, in your language, "dissing" my (v.honourable I might add) "history" with this club. And I pulled him up on that for being so patronising and unqualified to say so. As one should. It has nothing to do with NF, clearly you've become confused by 2 topics being discussed in the same thread, but everything to do with a young kids like him being very disrespectful to his elders and betters. In old currency, it's called giving somene a clip round the ear. Something a lot of kids like you and your mate could probably have done with years ago to prevent you growing up and becoming gobby little morons. But you didn't, and well, look where we are now. The world gets steadily more deplorable as a result. Case dismissed.

Reverting to being antagonistic, well done, without these young supporters where will the club be in years to come? I really do not like people like you, why should your opinion matter more than mine or anyone else's just because you have supported us for longer?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think anyone is saying anyone's support is more IMPORTANT. I think it's a case of people who have been supporting this club a long, long time through the worst times not being lectured by little boys without a pube to their name when they give an opinion.

I'll reply to your childish attempt at an insulting post, with a brilliant post made by another user in this thread.

"im not going to support my football team of 11 players because 1 player is not playing and we'll probably lose and its really chilly, but ive supported them longer than you so NER"

Take a bow, son. :thumbsup:

Fair point i wasnt saying you weren't entitled to yours by the way:thumbsup:
you put across a good arguement for Forster being left out however i also agree to an extent with people on the other side of the fence of which im sitting on.

That's because you're respectful and don't over value your own importance. :thumbsup:
The thing is, I agree that Forster deserves to atleast speak to Poyet about his future. He's an experienced player who has a family to support, I can understand his concern at his future being up in the air after his contract expires in the summer. I can understand why he would want to talk about his future, and get it sorted out as quickly as he can. Like anyone else, he doesn't want the uncertainty. And I'm sure El-Abd getting a new contract already has made him think it's only fair for him to enquire about getting a new one aswell.
The thing is, we don't know what exactly happened between Forster and Poyet. It's a difficult subject to talk about because we know so little about what actually happened. But all we do know is that Poyet felt it neccessary to drop him from the squad for Leyton Orient, and probably for tomorrow night aswell. Which to me suggests that he doesn't think Forster's mind is on the team right now, and if that is true than he shouldn't be in it. We have plenty of strikers to come into the side. And if Forster does indeed leave the club short term and then permanently in the summer, though it will be a shame, he'll just be another player who got too big for their boots at our club who then left. He'll be history here, but we will go on. It'll be a loss to the team, naturally, because he's a good player. But we're a bigger club than any one player, and I'm not fussed about the individuals. I'll support the club whoever plays, and I would have expected others to say the same thing. Clearly, I support the club in a different way to a lot of others, which, naturally, deserves criticism and name calling... :rolleyes:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Can everyone post their age, please. I would not want to offend my elders and betters with my next post. I just need to know who it is ok to call a twat.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
NE appears to have barely been to an away game in his life.

:lolol: Yet further proof you know nothing about me in the slightest, so don't pretend that you do.

Can everyone post their age, please. I would not want to offend my elders and betters with my next post. I just need to know who it is ok to call a twat.

22. Just a pup, only been supporting the club 13 years. I know f*** all about the history, the team, football in general and certainly have never been to an away game. Apparently.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

I'm a twat and you can call me one if you like, I'm not offended easily either:)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm a twat and you can call me one if you like, I'm not offended easily either:)

It does not matter whether you actually are a twat, only if you are younger than the person offending you. Maybe, if you were at Hereford and are slightly younger than me I may, that is may, downgrade your insult to twit.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
It does not matter whether you actually are a twat, only if you are younger than the person offending you. Maybe, if you were at Hereford and are slightly younger than me I may, that is may, downgrade your insult to twit.

i would have preferred twit to twat :down:

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
f*** Nicky Forster.

I supported Brighton before him, and I'll support Brighton after him. I agree that if Poyet wants to sort out El-Abd's contract, he should speak to Forster about his. It's courtesy and respect for the most important player at the club. But Poyet doesn't want to commit to giving Forster a contract, which is fair enough all things considered, but I would assume he hasn't handled the situation in a way Forster agrees with. It's one of those things that happens at a club, which is fine.

But Forster is just one player... we're a CLUB. The actions of one man don't impact on my level of interest in the football club and if the only reason you want to go and watch Brighton is Nicky Forster up front, then you've missed the point of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

As you say NO player is bigger than the club! We don't know the full story but it appears that Forster went public about his contract issues instead of going to the right people. If that's the case then I'm surprised as I've considered him a model pro...Being honest I've felt recently that he has played crap and is constantly offside. I pressume it's because of his loss of pace and if a manager/club wants to consider giving a 36 year old a huge contract I think that is wise. I also think that Nicky is looking after his own interests and wants to get to the front of the queue cue before a glut of players at the end of the season to get a new club now or atleast get the ball rolling. So I guess I see it from both side, but should have been handled much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports