Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
James Beresford (who spent a number of years in the Albion academy but wasn't offered a scholarship after his U-16 schoolboy season) has spent time since he left the Seagulls with Worthing, Lancing, Lewes and Eastbourne Borough. He has been with Worthing for the last couple of seasons but has now signed for Thai side Uthai Thani FC who have just been promoted to the top tier of Thai football.

A bit late, but James Beresford made his debut for the Thailand national team back in October when he came on as a 60th-minute substitute in the 1-1 draw at Estonia in a friendly. We've (no longer) got a Thai international!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Only just noticed that Eliot Jenks (Teddy's younger brother) who was released last summer at the end of his scholarship, signed for Isthmian League South East side Lancing back in November.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Only just noticed that Eliot Jenks (Teddy's younger brother) who was released last summer at the end of his scholarship, signed for Isthmian League South East side Lancing back in November.
He didn't have far to go, then!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Teddy Jenks loaned by Forest Green to Ross County for rest of season.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
From being hooked at half time at Swindon .......................... next game, 90 minutes against Celtic at Parkhead. Quite a step!
Oh come on, Swindon are a decent side but I wouldn't say that Celtic are THAT big a step down.

(Yeah, yeah, I know, I couldn't resist)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Former loanee (and destroyer of Palace dreams) Jesse Lingard had joined FC Seoul after 8 months without a club.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was about to joke about made-up former brighton player, but have checked and this is the 121st post on NSC to have mentioned him (and spelt his name correctly). Funny what can completely pass one by. (Not you of course AZ Gull)
Well, in four seasons at the club the poor lad was only able to make seven appearances for the U-18s (and three appearances in various friendlies) due to injury, so I can forgive you on this one!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kipras Kazukolovas has signed for Kazakh side FC Astana.
Old Joe, you know, Joe down the wotsit?
Old Joe?
Yeah. You know. Drives a Datsun.
Oh, the Datsun. Joe the Datsun! What's he done now?
Taken up darts.

Cancer?
Yep.

(With apologies to Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, and anyone who is offended by the first thing that pops into my head when I read about someone I have never heard of.)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone know what's the story with Jack Spong, now without a club after his contract was cancelled with mutual consent at Queens Park? Was a regular starter - and doing well - but lost his starting place soon after a new manager arrived.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Anyone know what's the story with Jack Spong, now without a club after his contract was cancelled with mutual consent at Queens Park? Was a regular starter - and doing well - but lost his starting place soon after a new manager arrived.

Wonder if he was homesick, good signing for Worthing on paper.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No idea why he left Scotland. Thanks for the info. though. :thumbsup:

I realise that according to NSC Scottish football is about on a par with Whitehawk ladies U13s, but is a move to Worthing from the Scottish Championship much of a positive move, football-career wise, for young Spong?

Last edited:

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

By my reckoning, Worthing have now had 11 former Albion players on their books this season, plus current player Bailey Smith on loan for the first half of the campaign.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here