Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion players on the move

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Well, they haven't for the last couple of seasons, but they will return there in the middle of September.
Games at Lesser Hampden prior to 12th September before moving back next door...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Former Albion player on the move, but in management.

Andy Whing left Brighton to go to Leyton Orient under Slade, then onto Oxford.
Whilst at Oxford, he started coaching their youth team., likewise with Kidderminster. He met up with Slade again at Hereford.
In 2020, he became manager of Banbury, getting them promoted to National League North.
He resigned a couple of months ago, and is now the new manager of Solihull Moors in the National League.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Whilst at Oxford, he started coaching their youth team., likewise with Kidderminster. He met up with Slade again at Hereford.
In 2020, he became manager of Banbury, getting them promoted to National League North.
He resigned a couple of months ago, and is now the new manager of Solihull Moors in the National League.
Promotion indeed, Solihull Moors have been courting promotion to the EFL in the last few seasons.

A player who always gave his all for the Albion, and l wish him well.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Yeah, Whing was a great player for us at the time, for the level we were at. Really useful in Championship Manager/Football Manager (whatever it was called at that point) at the time too! I think I kept him in my in-game squad all the way to the Prem. I hope he does well in his new job.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Former Brighton loanee Stephen Ward has just become Director of Football at Solihull Moors as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Promotion indeed, Solihull Moors have been courting promotion to the EFL in the last few seasons.

A player who always gave his all for the Albion, and l wish him well.
Player of the Season in the Great Escape under Russel Slade.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Former Albion scholar (and young pro) goalkeeper Roco Rees was released by Albion in the summer of 2021. He joined Brentford where he has spent the last two seasons, being released at the end of last season. He has now signed for Worthing (where he previously spent a loan spell):-

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Antef Tsoungui, just released by Albion and who has signed permanently for Feyenoord, has joined Dutch second tier side FC Dordrecht on a season-long loan.
Oh well, I think he decided to make his own way as much as being released by the Albion - wasn't it his choice to end his loan at Lommel? On a level with Turns (who's done quite well of late), I thought - wonder how it will work out for him long term. Oh well, another one gone; good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here