Fits like a stocking on a chickens lip
Looks like a dogs cock in a marble bag
Going for a pie and mash
Looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Have we had "going for an Ertha (Kitt)" yet? If so, I bet spazpecker will be a cheeky first (c/o Jester Minute's Medievel Torture Hour).

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp

To describe anyone looking miserable" They look like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle". One better than "having a face like a smacked arse".

To describe anyone who isn't very lucky "if he fell into a barrel of boobs he'd come out sucking his thumb"

To describe that ten to two girl you pulled "BOBFOC" Body off Baywatch, Face off Crimewatch

To describe anyone looking miserable" They look like a bulldog licking piss off a thistle". One better than "having a face like a smacked arse".

To describe anyone who isn't very lucky "if he fell into a barrel of boobs he'd come out sucking his thumb"

To describe that ten to two girl you pulled "BOBFOC" Body off Baywatch, Face off Crimewatch

...Or "like a blind cobblers thumb" or even "like nine miles of bad road".

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Heard someone outside my flat this morning threatening to "marmalise" the guy downstairs. A superb phrase I thought was lost forever. Anyone else have northern/forgotten/childhood phrases you'd like to hear more of?

Anyone still say "lop pot" or was this just a Stringer thing?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
She goes like a fiddlers elbow!
Don't scratch you head you will get splinters
You're thick as a plank
Hello my darling (Charlie Drake) fecking hell that dates me!

Last edited:

jemwillett

Feb 17, 2012
Burgess Hill
You must think I came home on the last banana boat was/is one of my dads favourites. Also in response to 'seeing a man about a dog', that always signified that my dad was off to conclude some kind of dodgy deal which usually required 'cash in hand' or some 'bunce' to be involved.

He may well of been doing that, Did a lot of cash in hand re-wiring jobs in the mid 70's.

Loved hearing "bricking it" again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports