Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten/rare phrases

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Very non-PC but you don't hear 'window licker' nearly enough.....always makes me smirk.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So, your lot were to blame for all the Bundles then ?.... Tarring was a cracking school but if you got out of order you might end up " Rolled " That is, put in one of those eight foot high wheeled circular bins with the lid jammed on then tipped over and " Rolled " up and down the playground....... As in " Quick, they're Rolling Jenkinson "

We had the 'Grovel Tunnel' at Chatsmore where all the 5th formers would line up either side of a narrow corridor and a couple of new boys would get pushed down there and have to run the gauntlet. I can still see the Dr Martin footprints all over their nice new school trousers. If you went over God help you.

We had a rough bunch in our year and never once got invited back to play Lancing College at cricket after the incident with the team urn. Proper bundle that was.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just been talking to my parents about this thread and my mum came out with this: 'I'd rather ave me arse rubbed with a brick:eek: She's nearly eighty!:ohmy:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
'Buggerlugs' – think it means you’re a bit of a waster.

'A word to the wise'

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
" Bugger me backwards with a blunt market vegetable " when surprised by something

Used prolifically during the days of Blackadder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here