Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Forget your GB News, a new beast is on the way

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not a fan of Piers but if his show helps a bit to reverse this ludicrous cancel culture stuff then I’m all for it . #TeamJKRowling

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well, I hope to read that one of his guests punches his lights out. I might then watch it on catch-up TV.A vile human being.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not a fan of Piers but if his show helps a bit to reverse this ludicrous cancel culture stuff then I’m all for it . #TeamJKRowling

What’s been cancelled that you find ludicrous? And how do you envisage this show helping to reverse that?

Who has cancelled JK Rowling?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Not at all. There are many people in this country that support Trump and many that support Johnson, although admittedly that is not the case on Left Wing Chat.

Eh? I think you've got the wrong forum hun. This here is Centrist Dad Chat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Another thread of gammons refusing to answer questions that show their arguments up as utter nonsense.

How cowardly and worse, dull.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
A channel that will split the already small market inhabited by GB News that no one will watch, after the initial morbid curiosity phase, who didn't agree with them to start with.

I find it difficult to get excited about it as they can't get too carried away without OFCOM stepping in.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Don’t make the mistake of thinking everyone is as stupid as you.

No I won't. You've shown just how clever you are with your brilliant deduction. Why so aggressive? I never know where you stand, one minute you want Russian sailors to burn in agony, two minutes later you change your mind, then you want them burning in agony again. It's hard to take you seriously.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No I won't. You've shown just how clever you are with your brilliant deduction.

Your double bluff isn’t fooling anyone. It’s not that you underestimate us, it’s that you overestimate yourself. Nice try though. I almost feel for you.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Your double bluff isn’t fooling anyone. It’s not that you underestimate us, it’s that you overestimate yourself. Nice try though. I almost feel for you.

Us? Keep digging!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What’s been cancelled that you find ludicrous? And how do you envisage this show helping to reverse that?

Who has cancelled JK Rowling?

JK has had a lot of flak mainly with some people disagreeing on her views on transgender & what constitutes a woman . Things have got quite nasty especially on social media .

All totally unnecessary and rather pointless. There will be differing opinions in these subjects and just because JK’s views aren’t the same as some other peoples ( a vocal minority I expect ) she is perfectly entitled to her views) we live in a democratic society thankfully and as long as you are not encouraging hate or violence you can agree or disagree with whatever you want .

I happen to think that all this constant talk in social media about transgender and binary etc is harmful to some children especially those under 16 who may be influenced by what in effect only effects a tiny percentage of people .

Because of all the publicity around these words , some children that may be having various problems are now thinking they may be binary or trans when in fact they are no such thing they are simply being unduly influenced by all this publicity..

If you are in the tiny minority and are binary or trans , live your life as you want but do it quietly without all the loud publicity .

Tolerance is very important but so is safeguarding our children from non mainstream influences .

Last edited:

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
JK has had a lot of flak mainly with some people disagreeing on her views on transgender & what constitutes a woman . Things have got quite nasty especially on social media .

All totally unnecessary and rather pointless. There will be differing opinions in these subjects and just because JK’s views aren’t the same as some other peoples ( a vocal minority I expect ) she is perfectly entitled to her views) we live in a democratic society thankfully and as long as you are not encouraging hate or violence you can agree or disagree with whatever you want .

I happen to think that all this constant talk in social media about transgender and binary etc is harmful to some children especially those under 16 who may be influenced by what in effect only effects a tiny percentage of people .

Because of all the publicity around these words , some children that may be having various problems are now thinking they may be binary or trans when in fact they are no such thing they are simply being unduly influenced by all this publicity..

If you are in the tiny minority and are binary or trans , live your life as you want but do it quietly without all the loud publicity .

Tolerance is very important but so is safeguarding our children from unwanted influences .

1. JK Rowling expressed her views publicy (using her considerable influence and profile to do so). Some people agreed (vocally) and some disagreed (vocally) with her. How has she been 'cancelled'? I just see groups of people disagreeing with each other.

2. It terms of your views on the issue in question, I will only reflect that you could replace the term 'transgender and binary' with 'gay' and you have basically re-written a Sun/Daily Mail editorial from the 1970's/80's. They were as wrong then as you are now. In my opinion, obviously (and I am fairly certain in the opinion of many others - as for those below the age of 40, what you term a 'vocal minority' is in fact a vast majority).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Tolerance is very important but so is safeguarding our children from unwanted influences .

Has JKR been cancelled? She’s had some pushback on some of her opinions. That’s what you’ll get on social media unfortunately. But you get abuse for posting a video of your kid playing guitar so I wouldn’t read too much into all of it.

Are trans people all over the media? I don’t think so. “Unwanted influences”. Not sure I can get behind that phrase.

But I do thank you for a coherent, polite reply. A fine example of how to express a differing opinion.

Righto, I’m off for a riverside run in the beautiful sunshine. Have a good one.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Tolerance is very important but so is safeguarding our children from non mainstream influences .

Disagreement is not "cancelling". JK Rowling is currently free to express whatever opinion she chooses to 13.9m Twitter followers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here