Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Forget your GB News, a new beast is on the way

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another channel to add to those I never view beyond 116…

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
So, GB News came along, didn’t get the viewership required to make it sustainable, and is costing its owners significantly. Murdoch rolls into town and fragments the already smaller than expected audience even further.

He’s had a lot of prior success, but I still feel that this is a really niche product for the U.K. market.

The article below from around the point of GB News launch, included the results of research by the Reuters Institute suggesting that the BBC was more trusted by those on the political right than the Telegraph, which is pretty astonishing and absolutely contrary to the shrill minority on Twitter (and the viewpoint expressed by the GB News owners)

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/gb-news-launch

I don’t blame Murdoch for having a final go, he’s tried everything else to destroy the BBC, but I feel this may be another expensive attempt doomed to failure.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It was of course the Tories that allowed foreigners to basically take over our media.

Should be cross media ownership laws, Murdoch has way too much power.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So great to see the fantastic Mr Trump still in his prime. Looking forward to the second half tomorrow night. A true leader.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
GB News is a staple diet in this household, so balanced in opinion, what's not to like.

Balanced ? That's a bit like a left winger claiming 'The Canary' offers an unbiased political view :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are you against freedom of speech?

Do you believe Rupert Murdoch should be allowed to define who is allowed free speech and who isn’t?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just switched on to be greeted by the line "wasn't it great to hear Donald Trump again?" I turned over. That's me done.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The fella who writes for the Sun, the Mail online, and has a television show, is basing said show on cancel culture, of which he has claimed to be a victim.

Hmmmmmmm

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shirley a fundamental aspect of a civilised world is to answer the question without fulfilling the urge to respond with a question.

It wasn’t my question to answer. You seem to think criticism of Rupert Murdoch is tantamount to an attack on free speech, yet I would argue nobody has done more to constrain it for those who dissent than he has.

Now will you answer the question or choose a further avoidance strategy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here