[Albion] Forest Away

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
There are still 500+ unsold in that upper tier for Everton. I don't know how the finances work (i.e. do the Albion have to pay for the whole block?) - but, the club might well be more cautious about over-committing for Forest.
I wonder when the club will properly acknowledge the extra time/cost strain of Europa on the travelling fans? Everton Sat 3pm would sell out. Forest away Sat 3pm would sell out. They’re not, why?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wonder when the club will properly acknowledge the extra time/cost strain of Europa on the travelling fans? Everton Sat 3pm would sell out. Forest away Sat 3pm would sell out. They’re not, why?

I think they have acknowledged it, by taking smaller than usual allocations and giving 15 loyalty points... not sure what else you expect them to do?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What do you want acknowledged ??? are you expecting a medal or something IMO its not a bad thing as it gives the opportunity for lower point threshold fans or fans that have never been away the chance to do it, if they still choose not to then they cannot complain that away games are a closed shop ever again

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What do you want acknowledged ??? are you expecting a medal or something IMO its not a bad thing as it gives the opportunity for lower point threshold fans or fans that have never been away the chance to do it, if they still choose not to then they cannot complain that away games are a closed shop ever again
The only additional thing I'd like to see is opening these games up to general sale.

I'd like to get a friend along who lives up that way. He had a ticket for Stoke last year but then got Covid. I'm sure he'd be up for this one, but it looks like he won't get the opportunity. He even asked me about going to Forest away after he'd missed the Stoke game last season.

I see that Everton is "purchase history" but I seem to recall they only count home games as purchase history and he has none of that. Was it added later to the Everton sales dates, or was it there all along?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The only additional thing I'd like to see is opening these games up to general sale.

I'd like to get a friend along who lives up that way. He had a ticket for Stoke last year but then got Covid. I'm sure he'd be up for this one, but it looks like he won't get the opportunity. He even asked me about going to Forest away after he'd missed the Stoke game last season.

I see that Everton is "purchase history" but I seem to recall they only count home games as purchase history and he has none of that. Was it added later to the Everton sales dates, or was it there all along?
I may stand to be corrected but i think that not a single away game this season has started selling with a date already listed for purchase history. Several latterly have had it added when failing to sell out the allocation. Looking at the forest game for instance no date is listed for purchase history.
It may be the case that our european adventures are having an effect on away sales as there are still close to 600 Everton tickets available and about 500 for Forest with a block still to open. The Everton game in particular makes me wonder if the club are regretting opening the upper tiers although i obviously do not know for sure if they have to pay for all those unsold tickets or not.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I may stand to be corrected but i think that not a single away game this season has started selling with a date already listed for purchase history. Several latterly have had it added when failing to sell out the allocation. Looking at the forest game for instance no date is listed for purchase history.
It may be the case that our european adventures are having an effect on away sales as there are still close to 600 Everton tickets available and about 500 for Forest with a block still to open. The Everton game in particular makes me wonder if the club are regretting opening the upper tiers although i obviously do not know for sure if they have to pay for all those unsold tickets or not.
These two examples, along with previous similar instances, do make me question the section release strategy.

Nice if you can apportion such decisions to the host club though.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
These two examples, along with previous similar instances, do make me question the section release strategy.

Nice if you can apportion such decisions to the host club though.
Yes like you i sometimes struggle to understand the way blocks are released but the truth is we just do not know what is going on behind the scenes.
For instance regarding Everton the only way i can make sense of the decision to open the upper tiers after the complete lower sections had been sold out for a couple of days (including restricted view seats) is if the club said to Everton we are not going to sell the upper section only for Everton to say well just sell what you can and you will not have to pay for the unsold ones because by that stage it seemed to me to be obvious that they were not all going to sell.
Of course that is just pure speculation on my part!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yes like you i sometimes struggle to understand the way blocks are released but the truth is we just do not know what is going on behind the scenes.
For instance regarding Everton the only way i can make sense of the decision to open the upper tiers after the complete lower sections had been sold out for a couple of days (including restricted view seats) is if the club said to Everton we are not going to sell the upper section only for Everton to say well just sell what you can and you will not have to pay for the unsold ones because by that stage it seemed to me to be obvious that they were not all going to sell.
Of course that is just pure speculation on my part!
In Dame Jenny we trust

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Apart from our first season in the PL we’ve never sold out Everton. Midweek or Saturday we tend to sell about 1000.
Strangely I think the last 3 have been in January which has not helped given post Christmas shortage of cash.
I’m sure Europa travels is having an impact but the other reason why Everton won’t sell out it because as an away fan, the ground is …. shit.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Apart from our first season in the PL we’ve never sold out Everton. Midweek or Saturday we tend to sell about 1000.
Strangely I think the last 3 have been in January which has not helped given post Christmas shortage of cash.
I’m sure Europa travels is having an impact but the other reason why Everton won’t sell out it because as an away fan, the ground is …. shit.

Odd to remember that Everton away used to regularly come out high on 'who do you want in the cup' polls back in the championship.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
~450 available this morning to all STH.

Selling fast this morning...View attachment 168304
Screen Shot 10-20-23 at 09.25 AM.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports