Football Manager 2013

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Half way through my first season on the youth challenge and Whitehawk are 10 points clear in the BSS. That bugger McGleish is a goal machine!! And Tommy Fraser has been a real captain.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have to say I'm not enjoying this year's game much at all.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Are you playing the full mode or classic?

I am playing classic and really enjoying it. I wasn't sure if I would as I have always been quite devoted to football manager but classic is really working for me. Plus my laptop is a bit old so the full mode would probably be a bit much for it now.

The only thing I don't like about classic mode are the cheats you can purchase. Surely that defeats the whole object of the game? I can't imaging that has gone down well with the regulars.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Plus I'm doing well at the moment which always helps with the enjoyment factor. Top of the Championship with Brighton, played 12, won 10, drawn 2.

Sold the likes of Sparrow, Harley, Painter etc but haven't signed anyone. Play a 4-4-1-1:

Kuszczak
Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bridge
Lopez, Bridcutt, Crofts, Lua Lua
Vicente
CMS

Barnes, Buckley and Orlandi to come on in second half.

Thanks for the recommendation [MENTION=9708]Farehamseagull[/MENTION]. I've been playing 'full' mode and it really is a bit of a misery, I'm finding it very difficult. I just don't have the will to spend 30 minutes on individual training routines and individual match preparations. Sounds like classic mode is the way to go!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I downloaded the demo but just can't be arsed with it. Just as well I haven't bought it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I downloaded the demo on Tuesday with the intention of buying the full game on Friday but the demo completely put me off. The full mode is so in-depth; the constant change in player moods in game that pop up and Tano talking to me all the time; it's all too much to have to pay attention to. There's just so much going on.

Maybe it's just going to take some getting used to :shrug:

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Yes please that would be ace.

Is it for the full version or the classic?

Full.

It takes the players quite a while to get used to it, so you need to do intense training but after that it's usually goals galore!

I used it with Brighton and we won the Championship in first season and finished 7th in Prem in second season, with only a few signings. I'm now using it with Granada and went from bottom of La Liga (when I took them over in Jan) to 8th.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Full.

It takes the players quite a while to get used to it, so you need to do intense training but after that it's usually goals galore!

I used it with Brighton and we won the Championship in first season and finished 7th in Prem in second season, with only a few signings. I'm now using it with Granada and went from bottom of La Liga (when I took them over in Jan) to 8th.

Sounds just the ticket.

I prefer the full game to the classic one, but seem to be tactically naive when it comes to this version of FM.

Will look forward to giving it a go.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Sounds just the ticket.

I prefer the full game to the classic one, but seem to be tactically naive when it comes to this version of FM.

Will look forward to giving it a go.

i use a mental 4-3-3 with wingbacks that is essentially Zdenek Zemans mental super attacking football - score hatfuls of goals but concede goals too, lots of fun though. got eastbourne borough promoted in my first season through the playoffs, now sitting in the playoffs in the BSP in 2nd season

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you playing the full mode or classic?

I've tried both.

I find full mode over-detailed and classic mode not detailed enough for my preference. I've un-installed and reverted to FM12 which gets the balance just about right to my liking.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Anyone know when FM2013 is out for the iOS? Will be great to play this while on the train for 2 hours every day.

I've been so underwhelmed by the mobile versions!
Having to hold the phone horizontally and use 2 hands is annoying, the poor player search and the price for what you get is very disappointing.
I'd have preferred it if they took the original Champ-man model from early 90's and let us play it with up to date players and let us hold the phone in portrait.
I end up playing NSS for more than,FM handheld.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I've tried both.

I find full mode over-detailed and classic mode not detailed enough for my preference. I've un-installed and reverted to FM12 which gets the balance just about right to my liking.

once you get over the initial wariness of how much more there is, in reality once you get the hang of it it takes no more time than in fm12, in fact i think i spend less time faffing about once i have everything set up then i did in fm 12.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Mine's working.. had a couple of crash dumps but then sorted it out. Doing the youth academy challenge after swapping truro with Whitehawk youth.

That sounds painful!

And messy!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Full version looks too much but it really isnt. Im loving it. I even watch the extended highlights nowPromotion looks int he bag for Whitehawk... ten points clear with ten games to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports