Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2013

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Got this on BETA too to learn the ropes before the full release with bug fixes. A really good release this (minus the bugs), I like the improvements they've made to the game.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Have any of you played the classic mode yet? How different is it?

I started a game as Brighton, won my first 2 friendlies scoring 8 goals in the process and then turned my computer off by mistake... Powered back up and have pretty much lost every match so far this season. How is everyone else doing?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sadly they haven't really touched any of the Albion players' attributes-they are almost identical to last year's game. El-Abd's in particular should be much better IMO

Which attributes, in your opinion, are too low for El-Abd?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've got the beta but I am finding the fact that every cross seems to result in a goal, also I don't like watching the 2d highlights in full screen. Maybe there's a way to change this?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I am so tempted with getting this, but have recently downloaded a new database on FM2012 which has the English leagues playable all the way down the Sussex County Leagues, I fancy trying to get Southwick into the football league. I bet I get bored by xmas though and decide to ask santa for FM2013.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Which attributes, in your opinion, are too low for El-Abd?

Workrate and Teamwork seem very low and also jumping and heading. I know he is on the short side for a centre half but he is better in the air than his game stats suggest IMO.

Good to see that Bridcutt has been improved since last year though.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Valuations as follows -

Kooshack - 1.7M
Ankergren - 240k
Brezovan - 200k

El-Abd - 1.2M
Bruno - 1.7M
Vincelot - 325k
Bridge - 1.6M
Painter - 675k
Greer - 1.3M
Dunk - 750k
Calderon - 450k

Crofts - 2.7M
Bridcutt - 3.2M
Orlandi - 3.3M
Dicker - 1.9M
Hammond - 2.2M
Spanish Dave - 2.2M
LuaLua - 3M
Sparrow - 575k
Vicente - 3.1M
Harley - 750k
JFC - 375k

Buckley - 3.3M
Adgestein - 275k
Barnes - 1.2M
Dobbie - 2M
CMS - 3.1M
Hoskins - 925k

:lolol:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Finally succumbed to start trying to get used to the game and try out tactics.

As in reality still feel we need another cover CB. Any suggestions? Another gK would be good too. Goes without saying on the SC front.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I just got promoted in my 1st season. I won the league with Wolves in 2nd and Palace went up through the play offs. I play with 2 up front with an AMR and an AML with 2 centre mids. only signings were Mackie on loan, james mccarthy on loan and nick powell on loan

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone know when FM2013 is out for the iOS? Will be great to play this while on the train for 2 hours every day.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Got promoted with mostly the same squad, second season going to be one of consolidation, although with a 3 mil profit every month I'm hoping for a big war chest for next season and a crack to get into Europe.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Am playing but using it more as a tactics test for the real thing.

Bets buys for brighton have been Salif Diao, Luis Bruins or Malaury Martin and Diego Arismendi (yes I know!) and Andi Weiman on loan. Cameron Jerome is also great if you can get him on loan and David Forde is worth a punt.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I have taken the plunge and downloaded it and must say I am impressed. Last full version I had was 2011. I did try the demo of FM2012 when that came out but I didn't really get on wioth it and ended up getting the iOS version. However, that lacked sufficient depth for me so I have moved back to the Mac version.

I started a game in Classic mode, won all my friendlies, won my first 3 league games and my Cup game and was made Manager of the Month. Have now started a 'Full' game and have to say I prefer this. Its more difficult because of the level of detail although I have tasked my Assistant with many of the more mundane tasks. Anyway, I won my Cup game but have just lost my first League game 1-2 at home to Leeds! Hope that is not an omen for Friday!!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Poyet had been sacked on mine, 15 games in. Brighton are 23rd and cannot get a win. As it's the BETA I'm just getting to grips with how it works. The update this weekend has made it a lot better but my players are still shooting from very tight angles. They were meant to have fixed this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here