Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football is fixed and another Poyet link

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
I'm quite shocked by that article and the others on the site. I hope TB does decide to get his lawyers involved. Sites like that need sorting out.
Really strange things to say. I hope for their sakes they can back up the claims or they will be in mountains of trouble.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Can't be treated seriously but even so I can't see Poyet and the LMA exactly turning cartwheels at that sort of article either. Anyone taking legal action would not want spurious or even supposedly genuine features defaming the parties involved like this and aired in public.

Either party having their professional reputation questioned in such a way, even if tongue in cheek, would surely come down on this with a legal ton of bricks.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thats quite a funny site. So obviously hysterical rantings (or a parody of such) that I doubt Bloom is particularly bothered.

Inclined to agree, no one here is taking this seriously, despite claims that fanzines are reputable sources.

The threat of legal action is serious, unless you have thousands of pounds and months of your life, you need to get shot of. I also think, if you struggle to tell the difference between fact and opinion, you should probably only post using crayons. A threat is just that though and often no more. If you sue someone with no money, there is little to gain financially and much to lose.

No criticism of Bozza and I do wish some of the keyboard warriors would do one and stop wasting everyone's time, but it would also be nice to see some nutter, turn around and say, okay see you in court.

I was firmly of the opinion that the CPFC directors, were scraping the barrel with their public spats via new media. I would expect our club to rise above such nonsense and use the communication channels they have open to a receptive audience to clarify any misunderstandings. Anything else would smack of desperation. And paranoia.

Note to self, read this back in the morning, to check for drunken ramblings.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Rubbish. Rubbish. Rubbish.

The ref made a mistake. It happens.

The "reporter" on the site has made enough factual errors on the stuff we do know to make his/her comments on the other details worth disregarding.

Of course Tony Bloom won't be suing, any more than the queen will sue David Icke for suggesting she's a reptile. (No lizard jokes please.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Gus is delusional enough to encourage this kind of hysteria, however.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The web is littered with loons and their blogs that no one ever reads (apart from other loons) making all sorts of claims and accusations. I don't think any level headed person takes much notice and won't want to bother taking any sort of action which will be time consuming, costly and with a best result of getting something shut down that only pops up again as something else.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

At least this guy has now admitted that he knows TB personally, and clearly has an enormous axe to grind.

As to these latest 'allegations' there's nothing there is there? I'm sure a lot of rich men who buy football clubs as a £200m plaything, expect to be kept informed. Finding out the team news as soon as it is available doesn't really seem an unreasonable request.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
At least this guy has now admitted that he knows TB personally, and clearly has an enormous axe to grind.

As to these latest 'allegations' there's nothing there is there? I'm sure a lot of rich men who buy football clubs as a £200m plaything, expect to be kept informed. Finding out the team news as soon as it is available doesn't really seem an unreasonable request.

Exactly, it would be like my boss asking me who I have rota'd to work for which days. The owner of a business surely has the right to know who is working and when.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here