Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football is fixed and another Poyet link

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thats quite a funny site. So obviously hysterical rantings (or a parody of such) that I doubt Bloom is particularly bothered.

I wondered whether he'd bothered to start with. I'll make a small wager that the odds of TB being bothered by it have increased pretty significantly since it's now being discussed (and roundly criticised, thank God) on NSC....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It would not surprise me if Poyet and the LMA would be looking at ways to discredit Bloom.

If Poyet has said these things he’s a fool for giving the game away and talking too much, it certainly won’t help his case by starting rumours in the public domain.

You're taking the article seriously ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I wondered whether he'd bothered to start with. I'll make a small wager that the odds of TB being bothered by it have increased pretty significantly since it's now being discussed (and roundly criticised, thank God) on NSC....

The fact that @symyjym for one seems to believe some of it is worrying!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
On the way back from QPR I ended up talking to some Mirror Journo who claimed this as well, he said it was very common on football and he claimed this is how Bloom made him money, I told him that sounded like a load of bollocks and it still sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Said Mirror fan was a Gooner and also tried to tell me Yeovil held 20,000, even though I had been there a few seasons back and estimated at 9. which backed up my theory he was talking porkies.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You don't GENUINELY believe a single word of this utter rhubarb?

No, it's really weak and it sounds like it's been written by a Palace fan.

The only question is, is Poyet taking his dismissal to court, and if he is, does it suit him to discredit Bloom along the way?

The best thing Gus can do is get on with his Sunderland job as his dismissal hasn't done him any harm and has actually done him a massive favour.

If there is any substance to him using this tactic we will find out, but I think Brighton fans want this over and done with and he owes us some clarity of his intentions. Whilst the court case is still possible it is very difficult to draw a conclusion of what may or not be happening.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I very much doubt whether Poyet will bother taking this to court now - unless he is confident he will get a very good settlement out of it. In one sense, it's a bit of a shame because at least then we would have some idea about what actually happened.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
On the way back from QPR I ended up talking to some Mirror Journo who claimed this as well, he said it was very common on football and he claimed this is how Bloom made him money, I told him that sounded like a load of bollocks and it still sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Said Mirror fan was a Gooner and also tried to tell me Yeovil held 20,000, even though I had been there a few seasons back and estimated at 9. which backed up my theory he was talking porkies.

I don't think the fact that he bets on football is in dispute. He owns/linked to a small, discreet yet rather high end and lucrative football intelligence company. Maybe that's what the mirror journo was referencing.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Foriestieri hitting the cross bar did look a bit suspect to be fair. From my angle, he looked like he was aiming for the bar instead of the goal!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I very much doubt whether Poyet will bother taking this to court now - unless he is confident he will get a very good settlement out of it. In one sense, it's a bit of a shame because at least then we would have some idea about what actually happened.

All he has to do is say "I firmly believe I was unfairly dismissed, but I haven't got the time to follow it up as I am very busy and happy with the job I am in."

Normally with unfair dismissals it would involve people who may lose their homes or has a significant impact on their lives, and could affect their future employment, so they have to fight for their lives.

Gus walked straight into a BBC job and then the Sunderland job. Not everyone who gets sacked for gm has this opportunity so he should leave this behind him and clearly state that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Interesting how the threat of libel action can produce immediate reaction on 'some sites' yet others obviously disregard any such threat.

This has been on line since May

How do you know that the owner of that site has received a threat?

On this site, my understanding is that Bozza has received specific requests to remove potentially defamatory posts (possibly accompanied by threats of a suit, I don't know). If you receive a request, the you're duty-bound to investigate the post and you'd have to be pretty stupid not to remove it if you thought it was indeed defamatory.

Also, once a site has been seen by the potential claimant carrying potentially defamatory statements, it's pretty likely that it will continue to be tracked by them or their representatives to ensure that no more defamatory posts are made, don't you think?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
How do you know that the owner of that site has received a threat?

On this site, my understanding is that Bozza has received specific requests to remove potentially defamatory posts (possibly accompanied by threats of a suit, I don't know). If you receive a request, the you're duty-bound to investigate the post and you'd have to be pretty stupid not to remove it if you thought it was indeed defamatory.

Also, once a site has been seen by the potential claimant carrying potentially defamatory statements, it's pretty likely that it will continue to be tracked by them or their representatives to ensure that no more defamatory posts are made, don't you think?

Obviously the answer to that is I don't.

Presumably if this site is being monitored as you suggest then those doing the monitoring will now be aware of the articles linked to earlier in this thread - will be interesting to see if they are removed - don't you think ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hmmmm. Perhaps Tony Bloom has put ONE BILLION POUNDS on Ashley Barnes to be the lowest scoring number 9 in the Championship this season at Paddy Power, and is going to clean up.

Everything makes sense now.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Obviously the answer to that is I don't.

Presumably if this site is being monitored as you suggest then those doing the monitoring will now be aware of the articles linked to earlier in this thread - will be interesting to see if they are removed - don't you think ???

Yep, and Bozza has covered that earlier in this thread: he's not comfortable having the text of the article(s) reproduced on NSC (and therefore, by inference, possibly defamatory quotes from the article) but is ok with a link to the article(s). Indeed, it was Bozza who edited the OP, cutting out the text and providing the link.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Hmmmm. Perhaps Tony Bloom has put ONE BILLION POUNDS on Ashley Barnes to be the lowest scoring number 9 in the Championship this season at Paddy Power, and is going to clean up.

Everything makes sense now.

Haven't they already paid out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here