Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football is fixed and another Poyet link

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bloody hell. Even ignoring the fact that the ball DIDN't 'clearly cross line', and that there was NO 'clear penalty decision' that article is so full of errors it is unreal.

The writer is clearly a massively self-important individual, too, what with the comment "We are helping Gus Poyet with his..." and the massively WANKY strap-line:

"WE, THE ARBITRAGEURS OF THE NEOHYPERREALITIES OF POST-STRUCTURALIST FOOTBALL - EXPOSING CORRUPTION SINCE 2006"

What a load of BELL-ENDS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would delete the entire thread, as it reads far worse than "dodgy". And the other link about the playoff semi is definitely libellous.

The original post had the whole article word-for-word. I removed that, found the actual article, and replaced it with the link.

There's nothing wrong with linking to dodgy stuff, so long as the specifics of the dodgy stuff are not reposted.

I'd rather leave this thread here and open as it's less likely that someone will find the same article and post it here again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think they should be very worried about the unsubstantiated accusations levelled against Tony. That is significant libel, I hope they have very deep pockets.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't personally think there is anything wrong with posting a link to this site, but PLEASE be very careful about how you comment on this.

What they are saying in that blog is highly contentious and I would be surprised if Bloom etc don't take action against it. So please do not write anything on this thread that would lead to problems for NSC.

Has to be the right answer! Remember that quoting sections of text from the article(s) is the equivalent of re-tweeting the opinion. Something that landed Sally Bercow in court resulting in damages to Lord McAlpine, and has additionally cost Alan Davies money for the same thing, although the latter didn't get to court. It's got to be better to just not quote any lines from the article.

As to the text in the articles, blimey, mate. I won't have any of what you're drinking, thanks all the same.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So Gus got dismissed because of his reaction to the poo in the Palace dressing room and TB KEPT asking Gus to phone his contacts about team selections even though Gus always refused. Gus is, with a bit of help, now going to help investigate TB's gambling. Have I got that right??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The original post had the whole article word-for-word. I removed that, found the actual article, and replaced it with the link.

There's nothing wrong with linking to dodgy stuff, so long as the specifics of the dody stuff are not reported.

I'd rather leave this thread here and open as it's less likely that someone will find the same article and post it here again.

Good idea. But wear pants in bed tonight.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The blogger will be able to get away with the delusional comments about the ball crossing the line and the stonewall penalty but other accusations will have libel lawyers drooling at their good fortune.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

There's nothing wrong with linking to dodgy stuff, so long as the specifics of the dodgy stuff are not reposted.

I would still be careful - cf Bercow and Davies et al v McAlpine tweets and retweets, which cost some people alot of money.

Then again I don't watch MotD2 naked in bed (that is an actual fact by the way).

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Blimey - virtually everything in that article is utter bull***t.

They could probably be sued by Bloom, Watford, the FA, the Football League and Keith Hill and his assistants!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It would not surprise me if Poyet and the LMA would be looking at ways to discredit Bloom.

If Poyet has said these things he’s a fool for giving the game away and talking too much, it certainly won’t help his case by starting rumours in the public domain.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Good idea. But wear pants in bed tonight.

It's just occurred to me that there will be many users of NSC who are not sad enough to view this board regularly like us and will not know why you have posted this. Amusing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It would not surprise me if Poyet and the LMA would be looking at ways to discredit Bloom.

If Poyet has said these things he’s a fool for giving the game away and talking too much, it certainly won’t help his case by starting rumours in the public domain.

You don't GENUINELY believe a single word of this utter rhubarb?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here