Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

food - poor service poor quality

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd love to know what the takings were yesterday compared with the first game of last season.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Waiting 20 minutes yesterday to get a halftime pie, when I joined the back of the queue there were plenty of pies and burgers, but by the time I got to the front there were only chips left. It seemed like they were trying to over sell the chips because of better profit margins. Disgusted and also a less than enjoyable game run by the D'Urso

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Unfortunately we are on our arse financially and a club on the way down. The burger/pie situation is the very least of our problems.

Attendance forecasts prior to moving to the Amex were 12-15,000 and we end up with the highest attendance average in the division. Food & drink sales far exceed all expectations. So who got the budgeting so far out in that all this unexpected income yet we are now in such a state?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are we seriously going to have these boring as **** threads after every single game?? There's always going to be somebody not happy!

The thread title is pretty clear as to it's content, you could always try a different one.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
These threads are so funny. Do you realise what a bunch of bedwetters you come across as or am I just not in on the joke?
So this was my experience v Derby. Arrived at East Upper 2:15 and straight to our usual first refreshment stand (south end). Long queues but that's fine, it is peak time. 10 minutes (about) to front and told e-cash not working at his till. Why not put a sign up saying so or take down the e-cash sign! Then NO FOOD at all in any of the displays. 2:25 and no food. Stood my ground and waited. Saw a cheeseburger and told him to grab it. Ordered Harveys and Fanta. Waited then waited some more. Saw another cheeseburger being put into display and told him to grab it. In the 5 minutes we had been at the front of the queue only two burgers showed up. So paid up we moved away were my Daughter spied a 'suit' who was in charge. He was polite and accepted my rant. I pointed out there were at least 100 people in the queue waiting for food and he had no answer. As a final comment I informed him we are at home again on the 24th and his final line was "I don't think I will be here". I'm not too bothered at the price, a pre-match pint and burger is part of the 'match experience', I just want to get what I want!

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
The thread title is pretty clear as to it's content, you could always try a different one.

Oh could I? Well thanks for that handy piece of advice!! 👍

Every game someone moans about the food and decides to post about it, frankly couldn't give a shit if someone didn't get a burger or their pie was cold!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Are we seriously going to have these boring as **** threads after every single game?? There's always going to be somebody not happy!

Probably every time we lose.

You're right though. I don't really give much of a crap what the catering is like at football; that's not what I go for. The fact that we can (usually) get Harvey's and decent pies should be seen as a bonus. Some people see it has a human flipping right.

Unfortunately we are on our arse financially and a club on the way down.
So the answer is to have a catering system that achieves lower sales volumes and masses of folk who are turning down opportunities to buy what they actually want, when a rival venue, just five minutes walk from the stadium, is delivering high quality beer, food and service?

How is this helping?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But it's so unpredictable.

Yesterday I turned up at 2.25, had a two minute queue and then got the pie and pint that i wanted. After the final whistle i wandered down and got another pint.

My mate turned up at 2.55 and there was a huge queue and they had run out of pies. At the half time whistle he went back down and by the time he got served, the second half had started.

Why should i have all the luck while he has none ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And my mate has had this problem since the Amex opened, you'd think the caterers would have learned by now :rolleyes:

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
Will the club act? Do they care? Bet us fans do. Less revenue, less money for transfers. Make the club listen we have to do that as fans

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Probably every time we lose.

You're right though. I don't really give much of a crap what the catering is like at football; that's not what I go for. The fact that we can (usually) get Harvey's and decent pies should be seen as a bonus. Some people see it has a human flipping right.

Not a "human flipping right" at all. To be bombarded with e mails to get you to use your E card to purchase food and drink, to think to yourself that i will try and purchase food and drink at the ground to put money into the club, then to find massive queues, no pies etc, is the whole point.
Never mind i shall eat and drink nearby and arrive at the ground 10 mins before ko.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So the answer is to have a catering system that achieves lower sales volumes and masses of folk who are turning down opportunities to buy what they actually want, when a rival venue, just five minutes walk from the stadium, is delivering high quality beer, food and service?

How is this helping?

I didn't say it was helping did I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here