Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

food - poor service poor quality

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
All those working for the caterers are locally hired, most are students and they do not do this everyday, it was their first time give them a break. Mistakes were made and I am sure they will be sorted. For those who did the other matches it was their 4th time, very few were around last season.
And I was there for all but 4 games last season including the reading game so I have seen it a few times in every stand but the south.

ITS THEIR FACKING JOB ! :wrong:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I like a pie and a pint at football.
They are great pies, it's a nice pint.

The kids like all the family stand entertainment and to meet Gully, as well as loiter down the front at half-time.

We enjoy the communal nature of our club and the happy safe environment it projects.

But all those things are nice additions to watching The Albion.
I don't take them for granted.
I don't assume everything will be perfect, every day.
I do understand the logistics of supply and demand when talking about 25k+ people.

I certainly don't come crying on here like a little girl, when I haven't got my way.

A heroic post - agree

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Being on a self-imposed diet after catching sight of myself in a shop window whilst out running, I was intending to avoid eating at the ground yesterday but after emptying my bladder towards the end of half time, I heard the spirit of Barber whispering in my ear - I hesitated but his voice was insistent. No queue and a quick transaction later, I was in possession of a balti pie. It was Hot, moist and delicious

I did want a cheese burger but they (WSU) didn't have any but hey - it all turned out ok

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think in the past certain parts of the ground have been better than others, im in the North and never had any problems (although never bother at half time) but get the impression that the WSU and ESU are less organised from previous posts made. Having said that went to kiosk at 2.10 and all they had was chips and hotdogs, first time in two years that I've seen no pies available in the North, managed to get a pulled pork bap a bit later which wasn't great but im sure it will be better for the next home game.

keitho54

Oct 9, 2003
Seeking Sussex Young Chef of the Year 2013/14

We are thrilled that the award-winning Sodexo Prestige team, who recently won a five year contract to cater at the Amex Stadium, will sponsor the Sussex Young Chef of the Year category in the Sussex Food & Drink Awards 2013/14 and we have extended the deadline for nominations until 6th September.

If you know of any brilliant talent, aged 16 to 25, working or studying in the county, then please nominate them by September 7 or encourage them to nominate themselves by clicking here

The top UK contract caterers, known for their quality catering at Ascot and other major sporting events, will also prepare the Sussex foodie event of the year, the Sussex Food & Drink Awards Banquet, at the Amex Stadium on Thursday 30th January 2014.

Tickets are now on sale for the fantastic awards banquet, attended by the leading lights in Sussex food and drink, costing £80 + VAT per ticket or £700 + VAT for a table of ten - email info@naturalpr.biz to register your interest in tickets. Vote now for your favourites at www.sussexfoodawards.biz

Perhaps when they find him or her, they might employ the lucky winner at the Amex!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like a pie and a pint at football.
They are great pies, it's a nice pint.

The kids like all the family stand entertainment and to meet Gully, as well as loiter down the front at half-time.

We enjoy the communal nature of our club and the happy safe environment it projects.

But all those things are nice additions to watching The Albion.
I don't take them for granted.
I don't assume everything will be perfect, every day.
I do understand the logistics of supply and demand when talking about 25k+ people.

I certainly don't come crying on here like a little girl, when I haven't got my way.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that people expect things to be run professionally and correctly. Everyone, either STH or casual, has paid a hefty sum to go to the football. The club sell it as an experience - food, drink and football - if the club and their contractors can't deliver then maybe they should just stick to providing the football and dump the catering side entirely.

Obviously the clubs needs the income from the catering so it should get it right. Otherwise more and more people will go elsewhere to eat and drink or just not bother at all. If they club can't get it correct then people have every right to complain ( and on here ! ). The problem in this country is that there's too many people willing to put up with poor service - you know, the one's that just whisper "we won't come here again dear" instead of growing a pair and complaining. Good on the complainers I say !!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
See , I normally queue about 30 seconds / 1 minute at most pre-match North Stand (about 2-2:30ish) , top staff , decent enough by footy standards food

Expensive as fook but that's the way it's going

You KNOW it's going to be a nightmare at half time given amount of staff to punters and first game of the season stuff WILL sell out early , such as big games and end of season matches due to forecasts of turnouts etc..

It no doubt will sort itself out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that people expect things to be run professionally and correctly. Everyone, either STH or casual, has paid a hefty sum to go to the football. The club sell it as an experience - food, drink and football - if the club and their contractors can't deliver then maybe they should just stick to providing the football and dump the catering side entirely !!!!

Great idea, so to cover the loss they'd have to put ticket prices up. Would you be happy then?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Great idea, so to cover the loss they'd have to put ticket prices up. Would you be happy then?

What a stupid question ! Of course I wouldn't but if the club deliver a shit catering product or service then they'll have to put ticket prices up anyway because people will stop using it. Mass catering really isn't that difficult and people that pays their money have every right to complain if the service is poor.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Oh could I? Well thanks for that handy piece of advice!! 👍

Every game someone moans about the food and decides to post about it, frankly couldn't give a shit if someone didn't get a burger or their pie was cold!
You should care. The more money the club receives the more it can spend on players. If the service deters fans from spending at the ground then you will get worse football.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
You should care. The more money the club receives the more it can spend on players. If the service deters fans from spending at the ground then you will get worse football.

As long as people are moaning about everything being sold out, which they usually do and as long as I continue to see massive queues, the last of my worries will be about the catering at the stadium! As it goes I've never had any problems and always got what I wanted! I'm pretty sure the club will continue to make a shed load of money out of the catering IMO!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As long as people are moaning about everything being sold out, which they usually do and as long as I continue to see massive queues, the last of my worries will be about the catering at the stadium! As it goes I've never had any problems and always got what I wanted! I'm pretty sure the club will continue to make a shed load of money out of the catering IMO!

I think people do care, it's just whining on here isn't the most productive use of your complaining time. E-mail Paul Barber, he seems to be very keen on seeing that feedback is noted and responded to.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Queues I can cope with; I expect it to be busy. Stuff being sold out is a problem as it deters future purchases - "I'll stay in the pub", "I'll bring my own food next time".

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Queues I can cope with; I expect it to be busy. Stuff being sold out is a problem as it deters future purchases - "I'll stay in the pub", "I'll bring my own food next time".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here