Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

food - poor service poor quality

My experience today was excellent, although my requirements were simple.

Pre-match pint of Harvey's in Dick's Bar;
Post-match Bovril in the LWS Concourse;
Post-match chicken, ham and leek pie in Dick's Bar;

All promptly served, by friendly staff who knew what they were doing.
Pie tasty, excellent consistency, and hot.

Length of half-time queues in the North Stand Concourse put me off bothering, though.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Long queues in North Stand post match meant my money got spent in town.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
God knows what time people turn up and still expect to be served instantly. We arrived in WSU at about 2pm. Served in 2 minutes, pie and a pint. Sat down and watched the players warm up from about 2.40. No dramas. But then I'm going to watch a football match, so I don't expect it to be a pub.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The lindley group had sussed it.

This lot were awful up the WSU i asked for a pie and two pints and the pints had more head than most on here have had for a lifetime.
The serving took nearly 5 minutes with no queue at all (1pm), i asked what beers they now served and they struggled to name them, i also said do i get 15% off because of the time, they didn't know.

They were piss poor.

This as I said the LG were dumped for no reason and I am not having a pop, I am saying Barber got it right in dumping Azure and giving the LG a chance but they should have been kept on.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
My experience today was excellent, although my requirements were simple.

Pre-match pint of Harvey's in Dick's Bar;
Post-match Bovril in the LWS Concourse;
Post-match chicken, ham and leek pie in Dick's Bar;

All promptly served, by friendly staff who knew what they were doing.
Pie tasty, excellent consistency, and hot.

Length of half-time queues in the North Stand Concourse put me off bothering, though.

Lordinho, I would think your catering report would be exactly what the club would wish to expect. The half time rush is always going to happen, as everyone has to have a beer in 15 mins, then if cant get one, its worlds end. Personally, I have my beer before and if needed after.

Thought pie quality yesterday was top notch, staff were friendly and served more promptly then ever.

Good day on the catering front

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Wandered down to the WSL post match. Nice pint of Harveys and a hot and tasty chicken and ham pie. Service could have been a little better organised (by that I mean quicker) - I got the impression that there were a lot of staff doing the job for the first time. Which was probably the case. 8/10.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is there some meal between lunch and dinner that I haven't been told about?! I think some more drink-only kiosks are the way forward. ..

Arun1664

Nov 2, 2009
More of the same here, arrived in ESU an hour before KO. Asked for a Chicken and Chorizo pie, chicken & ham the server replies? no the the special i say, what special he says, so i turn the A4 sign on the counter in front of him round and point at it, quizzical look from the server who then asks his mate who tells me they will be ready in 20 mins. I then tell him I'll have a Beef and Ale which turns out to be chicken and ham when I sit down to eat it.

So i'm paying £13 quid for the wrong pie, an awful hot dog (wont do that again) for my son and two drinks being served by a bloke who has no idea what's available. Go look at Sodexo's web site, they are a massive company (35,000 employees in UK & Ireland) who are proud to mention shed loads of awards they've won. I'm OK with paying £13 for quality and a bit of service but right now its not good enough & a bit of staff training/planning on their part is all that is required. Oh and the choice at 1/2 time was a Curry pie - maybe someone could let them know that each half is 45 mins. There is a contact email on their web site, I intend to send them an e-mail, suggest those who are unhappy do the same.

On the +ve side the pies were tasty and hot.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Cold pie today. Waited 20 mins at half time for pie. Then finally got it, also tried for food before game, only chips on offer. Staff member didn't care less.

In summary. Sort it out, terrible. Spoke with senior steward, was that peed off, will the board listen. What a disgrace

You're aware it's a pie stand at a championship league football ground and not a restaurant? I only ask because I don't think I could stomach another season of pie based threads.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
More of the same here, arrived in ESU an hour before KO. Asked for a Chicken and Chorizo pie, chicken & ham the server replies? no the the special i say, what special he says, so i turn the A4 sign on the counter in front of him round and point at it, quizzical look from the server who then asks his mate who tells me they will be ready in 20 mins. I then tell him I'll have a Beef and Ale which turns out to be chicken and ham when I sit down to eat it.

So i'm paying £13 quid for the wrong pie, an awful hot dog (wont do that again) for my son and two drinks being served by a bloke who has no idea what's available. Go look at Sodexo's web site, they are a massive company (35,000 employees in UK & Ireland) who are proud to mention shed loads of awards they've won. I'm OK with paying £13 for quality and a bit of service but right now its not good enough & a bit of staff training/planning on their part is all that is required. Oh and the choice at 1/2 time was a Curry pie - maybe someone could let them know that each half is 45 mins. There is a contact email on their web site, I intend to send them an e-mail, suggest those who are unhappy do the same.

On the +ve side the pies were tasty and hot.

I think it's clear from this thread that the experience is very different depending on what part of the ground you're in and when you arrive. At 2.25 yesterday in ESU there was no food whatsoever, apart from those awful hot dogs and possibly one cheeseburger. Pies completely run out, all the racks empty in both catering hatches. But in other parts of the ground it seems it was fine.

Hopefully the new caterers will get it sorted as the season progresses...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Unfortunately we are on our arse financially and a club on the way down. The burger/pie situation is the very least of our problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here