Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
His former team so you could see why it could work for both of them.

I still can't get over the decline of Deportivo though, one of my favourite sides of the early 2000's. Juan Valeron was an absolute joy of a player then.

Yep, that's why I mistranslated it as him returning to them in the second division instead of him trying to return them to the second division. I had no idea that they'd dropped that far. A side I used to like watching on European football tv nights.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I saw Andone in a restaurant the other day and he had the thousand yard stare like he was having flashbacks of Nam. Was fully expecting him to start flipping tables and luzzing chairs while screaming "You weren't there man!"

Thousand Yard Stare - quality band!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yep, that's why I mistranslated it as him returning to them in the second division instead of him trying to return them to the second division. I had no idea that they'd dropped that far. A side I used to like watching on European football tv nights.

Yup... they ****ed up badly after that.

Probably never reaching those heights again but should be doing better than messing around in the third division. Andone should be able to help them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair points all round I suppose. Suppose some of us just prefer the cut of Andone's jib to Conolly?

Either way - you out for a few jars tomorrow can discuss at length then :drink::wave:?

Yep, hard to disagree with the comments, and l suppose the stats back them up too. Unfortunately there has always been something about Florin, and his sheer desire for playing, that l really like.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Anyway, if this happens it MUST mean an incoming striker is happening :albion2:

charlie-brown-lucy-football.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely, he's too good for the Spanish third tier.

Potter’s views on his progress were pretty stark a few weeks ago. It’s not about his talent, it’s clearly about whether his body can hold up and how things like his pace, stamina and strength are now. Seems he’ll now be one less option for us in attack.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

It's understandable, their decline has been dramatic, that side with Valeron, Sergio and Tristan etc were brilliant. At that time in the early 2000's I watched La Liga all the time and Valencia were equally superb and entertaining with the likes of Albelda, Aimar and of course Vicente. I used to love watching them both, more than Real and Barca at the time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's understandable, their decline has been dramatic, that side with Valeron, Sergio and Tristan etc were brilliant. At that time in the early 2000's I watched La Liga all the time and Valencia were equally superb and entertaining with the likes of Albelda, Aimar and of course Vicente. I used to love watching them both, more than Real and Barca at the time.

Not disagreeing with you but also not quite sure why you put the Spanish Dale Stephens in the mix

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

And they must have one of the best stadiums for position..... literally 50 metres from a lovely horsehoe shaped sandy beach...... Down the beach in the morning for beers and footie banter, bin the budgie smugglers for the shorts......... 120 mins of footie, before back to the beach for a swim and the evening session.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Potter’s views on his progress were pretty stark a few weeks ago. It’s not about his talent, it’s clearly about whether his body can hold up and how things like his pace, stamina and strength are now. Seems he’ll now be one less option for us in attack.

I didn't interpret that as particularly ominous. I thought that GP was just saying that, after such a serious injury, Andone would need consistent game time to rebuild strength and that the club would have to consider the best way of getting him this.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not disagreeing with you but also not quite sure why you put the Spanish Dale Stephens in the mix

Ha! Don't know, just always liked him and Ruben Baraja who I should have mentioned, they were quite a formidable central midfield. They were just great sides full of excellent Spanish and some South American players. The precursors to the next generation of Spanish greats like Xavi, Xabi Alonso and possibly my favourite of all time, Iniesta.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And they must have one of the best stadiums for position..... literally 50 metres from a lovely horsehoe shaped sandy beach...... Down the beach in the morning for beers and footie banter, bin the budgie smugglers for the shorts......... 120 mins of footie, before back to the beach for a swim and the evening session.

Playa de Rizor hence the stadium being the Rizor. It used to have a four lane running track around it.
The last game I saw there was Depor against Marseille in the Europa cup. Wonderful city…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here