Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone joins Cadiz on one season loan

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I have a very different read on Potter's comments from yours. I don't think he's commenting on his ability. He's commenting on his strength and fitness and how much they are willing to risk a recurrence of the injury. Basically: he needs a lot more minutes on the training pitch, and then minutes in non-Prem matches to prove his strength and fitness is back where it needs to be.

That is how read it. At the moment he is not ready, maybe in a couple of weeks he will be.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Amazing how many people are happy to give Andone another chance yet seem to want Connelly out on loan

I cant get my head around it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Amazing how many people are happy to give Andone another chance yet seem to want Connelly out on loan

The reason a loan is required for Connnolly is to get him scoring reguarly again - difficult to do in the pressure cooker environment of the PL, with most NSCers on his back. A change of environment, a different level of experience, perhaps a dose of realisation that he is not at PL 'star' level yet - and hopefully at the start of next season we'll have the player we all thought we had after the Spurs match.
Can't see why anybody finds it hard to get their head around that.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

That's me. A fit Andone is a proven striker who should be in his prime. Connolly is young, inexperienced and, if we got another striker in, I would like to see him loaned to a good championship club to give him regular game time all season and allow him to improve without the pressure of the PL.

If nobody comes in, Connolly is good enough to contribute at this level but I don't believe will get the same opportunities to actually improve his game as much.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Rumours seem to suggest he's off to Deportivo on loan.

[tweet]1428031657525776389[/tweet]

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I can help you with this.

Andone is a better player than Connolly.

Based on what? 4 goals in 26 Appearances v 5 goals in 41 appearances for Connolly who is 7 years younger? Not sure either of them is 'good' enough. Connolly may become so but there is nothing to suggest that Andone is any better than what we have? People remember his goal V Palace and rightly so but there's very little else to suggest he's a PL quality striker. He's also had 2 serious knee injuries since then could easily have lost a yard of pace.

I don't think either is the 21/22 answer but Andone is a long shot at best...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Andone has been nowhere near as badly behaved as Connolly though. No tabloid tales of busting covid rules for a start.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Based on what? 4 goals in 26 Appearances v 5 goals in 41 appearances for Connolly who is 7 years younger? Not sure either of them is 'good' enough. Connolly may become so but there is nothing to suggest that Andone is any better than what we have? People remember his goal V Palace and rightly so but there's very little else to suggest he's a PL quality striker. He's also had 2 serious knee injuries since then could easily have lost a yard of pace.

I actually preferred Andone's 81st minute winner in the *must win* vs Huddersfield to his goal v Palace.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I saw Andone in a restaurant the other day and he had the thousand yard stare like he was having flashbacks of Nam. Was fully expecting him to start flipping tables and luzzing chairs while screaming "You weren't there man!"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, if this happens it MUST mean an incoming striker is happening :albion2:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Fair points all round I suppose. Suppose some of us just prefer the cut of Andone's jib to Conolly?

Either way - you out for a few jars tomorrow can discuss at length then :drink::wave:?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
His former team so you could see why it could work for both of them.

I still can't get over the decline of Deportivo though, one of my favourite sides of the early 2000's. Juan Valeron was an absolute joy of a player then.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Andone has been nowhere near as badly behaved as Connolly though. No tabloid tales of busting covid rules for a start.

Maybe GP and the rest of the staff dont share your view that tabloids are all-knowing, all-seeing Gods fit to separate the Good from the Evil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here