Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florian Marange slams Crystal Palace for leaving him out of Premier League squad

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Dindane was on a PAYP deal so I don't think he cost the club much at all, it was still frustrating though as a fully fit striker could have been a blessing during those latter matches although it didn't matter in the end.

It's a piss poor waste of money, no doubt about it so hopefully he'll go out on loan and then whatever we've lost will be a fraction of it's original cost. CPFC2010 are learning each season as unlike Bloom, their families were never involved until they took over, Holloway should know better though but I won't pretend I'm not happy with the squad, it's definitely stronger than since we signed Marange. But given that we were scouring the French market for some time, this story won't do us any favours over there.

Your last comment is overly petty though, I don't see how a club that beat you to promotion at a fraction of the cost can be considered clueless, didn't you lot spunk way more on Vicente when nobody else would go near him? Plastics also? Behave...

Back to Marange, given your lack of experience at left back, he'd do a good job for you.

"I live and breath arsenal and palace" "celtic and palace supporter" "palace fan and follower of the mighty man utd" - just some of the palace fans on twitter that have come to my attention. Plus 16k with free kids tickets and groupon deals whilst at the top of the championship to selling out your allocation at wembley and 22k in premiership is shouting out plastics.

Oh yeah -and do you really feel that the boards knowledge in running a club for only one season is an explanation for signing a player and immediately excluding them? Not the boards fault, its that goon Holloway and he has more than enough experience. He's just an idiot. Your boards failing is in letting him spend money. I don't think another clubs has done so previously. I wonder why?!

Last edited:

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
IH at his best, comedy gold from the biggest joke in the premiershite.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
the article is obviously only one side of the story but very poor if accurate. Sounds like he is willing to cancel his contract so Palace may well get away with it (financially). After the stick we took from them this summer though (non football related) they are making themselves look like twats (football related).

Expect on a free transfer there will have still been a tidy signing bonus (they paid Murray a ridiulous one) plus agents fees etc plus remember "I have a good contract, I am earning a bit more than in Bordeaux"........ Bordeaux who are often in Europe and a pretty decent club. All this money for him to sit in the reserves and moan.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
"I live and breath arsenal and palace" "celtic and palace supporter" "palace fan and follower of the mighty man utd" - just some of the palace fans on twitter that have come to my attention. Plus 16k with free kids tickets and groupon deals whilst at the top of the championship to selling out your allocation at wembley and 22k in premiership is shouting out plastics.

To be fair I do know three completely seperate, unrelated guys down here who support palace..... NONE of them let it be known for 5/7/15+ years respectively but have in the last few months. ONE has ACTUALLY been to see a game. Up London there are some 'fans' who go to games but they are ALWAYS (in my experience like you say) 'die hard United (etc.) and palace' fans :facepalm: or even the other day...... "I like all premiership teams, but now I can support my local side too........ I don't know why they've not been playing professionally before" :O

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
New Palace signing Jack Hunt has just broken his leg. Leaves Palace a little short now with Marange not able to be put into the 25..

Perhaps they can loan him back to themselves - the "rules" seem flexible enough!!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Oh yeah -and do you really feel that the boards knowledge in running a club for only one season is an explanation for signing a player and immediately excluding them? Not the boards fault, its that goon Holloway and he has more than enough experience. He's just an idiot. Your boards failing is in letting him spend money. I don't think another clubs has done so previously. I wonder why?!

Going down the plastics route is utterly, utterly pointless given your increase in support since moving to Falmer, isn't it? Every club has a few, if you really want, I'll show you yours because it's very easy to do so.

I never said it wasn't the boards fault, they are partly responsible but Holloway has to take his fair share of the blame. He's actually done very well in the transfer market IMO considering we've had promotion money + Zaha transfer fee, we haven't left ourselves in the Pompey or QPR situation some folk have amazingly compared us to.

To say it's a blot on our transfer dealings is unfortunately true, given that Marange went public with his dismay. Do I blame him for being angry? No. Was he naive in his comments? Yes. Am I still happy with our current situation? Incredibly so, we're in the Premier League and have settled relatively well, whatever your fans say, you would trade places with us (on the pitch) at present.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Going down the plastics route is utterly, utterly pointless given your increase in support since moving to Falmer, isn't it? Every club has a few, if you really want, I'll show you yours because it's very easy to do so.

I never said it wasn't the boards fault, they are partly responsible but Holloway has to take his fair share of the blame. He's actually done very well in the transfer market IMO considering we've had promotion money + Zaha transfer fee, we haven't left ourselves in the Pompey or QPR situation some folk have amazingly compared us to.

To say it's a blot on our transfer dealings is unfortunately true, given that Marange went public with his dismay. Do I blame him for being angry? No. Was he naive in his comments? Yes. Am I still happy with our current situation? Incredibly so, we're in the Premier League and have settled relatively well, whatever your fans say, you would trade places with us (on the pitch) at present.

Palace failing maths yet again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Plastics watch matches on tv or at the pub. Fairweather fans go to live matches when the team is doing well. There is a vast difference.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Go on, lets do it. Collect the maximum number of plastics in 24 hours. No cheating mind.

I really suggest you check out someone called tellemrye on twitter. He seems to have some great statements retweeted and now seems to have an Arsenal Ozil shirt on his 'page'. Also a very funny spurs supporter -harryiniesta or some such name. Hilariously plastic. Would be hugely disappointed if we have any like that. Also, difference between albion and palace is that ours go week in week out whilst yours seem to watch a bit of telly and arse about on twitter.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
To be fair I do know three completely seperate, unrelated guys down here who support palace..... NONE of them let it be known for 5/7/15+ years respectively but have in the last few months. ONE has ACTUALLY been to see a game. Up London there are some 'fans' who go to games but they are ALWAYS (in my experience like you say) 'die hard United (etc.) and palace' fans :facepalm: or even the other day...... "I like all premiership teams, but now I can support my local side too........ I don't know why they've not been playing professionally before" :O

They're great aren't they! Thought MkDons were bad with spurs shirts etc worn to their matches but Palace seem to take tinpot and plastic to a new level. There could be a riot there with all these arsenal, spurs, chelsea, man utd fans etc in the ground

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If that's the case, neither of us have plastics then, do we?

Quite. The new and returning fans we have have paid a lot of money to see Championship football. We're not playing the top teams in the country in the top league so why you Palace trolls keep banging on about plastics/glory-hunters God only knows.

Back on topic - are we saying that Palace have bought a player over from France, paid signing on fees and agents and also probably north of £20k a week to a player they don't want to and can't play in the league? That's over a million quid down the drain. You could have spent that on your stadium or youth team.

And can we assume that he was Holloway's target and his decision then not to play him? Seriously - I think that the Palace board should discipline Holloway for that. That's just pissing away money.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And can we assume that he was Holloway's target and his decision then not to play him? Seriously - I think that the Palace board should discipline Holloway for that. That's just pissing away money.

I don't know that we can assume that.

Are you sure?
Just posted on BBS by you know who!

CPFC2010
Registered User Join Date: May 2010

Here's one for you. We enquired about a teenager at a Premier League club who is nowhere near their First Team squad. Dougie didn't even think he was good enough anyway, but we asked and were told that he earns £1.8 million per year and they were looking at a sizeable contribution towards that.
Still working on others but rest assured that we'd rather sign nobody than pay stupid money that our club can't afford

If what Fosters Headband posted was actually posted on BBS, the board admit they will ignore their manager's opinion on players. And there are Brighton fans cynical of the extent of Oscar participation in our own transfer activity, with others defending the supposed tactic of David Burke identifying and signing players as common on the continent.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Go on, lets do it. Collect the maximum number of plastics in 24 hours. No cheating mind.

I really suggest you check out someone called tellemrye on twitter. He seems to have some great statements retweeted and now seems to have an Arsenal Ozil shirt on his 'page'. Also a very funny spurs supporter -harryiniesta or some such name. Hilariously plastic. Would be hugely disappointed if we have any like that. Also, difference between albion and palace is that ours go week in week out whilst yours seem to watch a bit of telly and arse about on twitter.

Baring in mind I am from Brighton, it would be incredibly easy to collect a number of fans who "support" two teams, one of which is Brighton. The number is astoundingly hilarious, if Brighton were to reach the Premier League, I'm sure that would conveniently change however. It was always hard to take the Palace vs Brighton rivalry seriously amongst my friends as they always went crawling back behind their PL teams rock when we got one over you.

Howveer, I'll leave you with one hilarious snippet of overwhelming evidence of your gloryhunting support. If you can't acknowledge your attendances going from having problems selling out a 6,000 seater stadium to having over 20,000 fans a year later at Falmer as not having so called plastics, you need to restart taking the medication the NHS so kindly gave you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj36KFIoXvA&feature=youtu.be

Find something remotely close to one of our fans and I'll buy you a pint when I'm back in the UK at Christmas :lolol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Baring in mind I am from Brighton, it would be incredibly easy to collect a number of fans who "support" two teams, one of which is Brighton. The number is astoundingly hilarious, if Brighton were to reach the Premier League, I'm sure that would conveniently change however. It was always hard to take the Palace vs Brighton rivalry seriously amongst my friends as they always went crawling back behind their PL teams rock when we got one over you.

Howveer, I'll leave you with one hilarious snippet of overwhelming evidence of your gloryhunting support. If you can't acknowledge your attendances going from having problems selling out a 6,000 seater stadium to having over 20,000 fans a year later at Falmer as not having so called plastics, you need to restart taking the medication the NHS so kindly gave you.

Find something remotely close to one of our fans and I'll buy you a pint when I'm back in the UK at Christmas :lolol:

You are an idiot.

You ignore countless explanations of why Withdean did not sell out and just don't like it. Change the record.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Not a patch on the two muppets provided to you. Really, you should check them out.

You also need to question your definition of plastics. I live in London and was not a season ticket holder prior to Amex but have indoctrinated my 4 kids to be avid fans in the face of ridicule from these new chelsea fans (plastics?) around since 2003; haven't come across any palace though.. We went to games at withdean but not a huge amount due to cost and it being an awful.place to watch a game, especially wiyh kids. We did get to around 10 away games per season though andd are all now seasonnticket holders.

You haven't had this; you had very cheap tickets and a very accessible ground. You are under cover, near the pitch and it is your long term home; no reasons not to go. OK its a shite hole compared to amex but not an excuse for not going to watch your team. So we are 5 of thr of the 26k up from 9k fans. Compare that to your newbies that only turn up at wembley or when you are in the premier league.

The vast amount of the fans turning up week in week out at Amex are like me. Plastics don't turn up to championship games in this way and yes, when we get to the premiership we'll have our fair share of them too, just like you. Difference being they won't be able to get tickets unlike at Selhurst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here