Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florian Marange slams Crystal Palace for leaving him out of Premier League squad

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Holloway had a cunning plan....get in a load of players...pick out what's wanted and chuck the rest away....getting in a team and a half with the players still there...he was panicking knowing that his job is on the line... it was obvious that he would have more players than needed....and he says the system is crazy....sense of a West Country Turnip....(did'nt Baldrick like turnips)
Yeah it's ollys cunning plan . I just hope he knows what he's doing !:thumbsup:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Very unfortunate for the player and the Club - I hope it gets resolved to the satisfaction of both.

:ohmy: did your account get hacked as well ? I don't like this I don't like this at all ???

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
New Palace signing Jack Hunt has just broken his leg. Leaves Palace a little short now with Marange not able to be put into the 25..

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
New Palace signing Jack Hunt has just broken his leg. Leaves Palace a little short now with Marange not able to be put into the 25..

4 months apparently , feel for the lad . We've got cover with parr and marriapa in the squad .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Its like something you'd do on Football Manager isn't it. Work miracles (admittedly) to get a shit team promoted, spunk millions on second-rate players (two of which don't fit into the 25), make derisory bids for your rivals' best players for a laugh and say random shit at press conferences. Holloway is truly living the dream.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Williams was also injured on Friday night in Skopje with an over enthusiastic challenge from a Macedonian player seeing him limp off the pitch. The Welshmen had Gareth Bale on the bench but didn't want to risk him so instead sent on Andrew Crofts.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It sounds like a combination of bad advice and, to a degree, poor treatment of the player.

I don't understand why a club would buy a player and not put him into their 25 man squad. To a layman such as myself, it seems like a waste of money for the club and a waste of a career for the player; but there may be a sensible reason.

Remember Dindane last year? Signed up towards the end of the season to supplement the forward line and Holloway immediately then says he's totally unfit and won't play for them. I believe some of the palace muppets have said the same of this guy, not fit enough.

What makes it hilarious is that he's on a years contract so they've basically just binned a signing on fee, agent fee and shed loads of wages. Probably north of £1.5m. The guy won't play for them after this until Holloway gets the boot.

Basically a clueless club with no transfer strategy and a deluded following of plastics.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Remember Dindane last year? Signed up towards the end of the season to supplement the forward line and Holloway immediately then says he's totally unfit and won't play for them. I believe some of the palace muppets have said the same of this guy, not fit enough.

What makes it hilarious is that he's on a years contract so they've basically just binned a signing on fee, agent fee and shed loads of wages. Probably north of £1.5m. The guy won't play for them after this until Holloway gets the boot.

Basically a clueless club with no transfer strategy and a deluded following of plastics.
It happens , how long did you have dobbie for ?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I feel sorry for the fella, but unfortunately he's a victim of our success in our transfer dealings.
Ollie wanted cover in every position, and he's 3rd choice, so he's not in the 25.
Because of our financial strength we can make these decisions, maybe we can send him to you as back up for Greer and Bruno.
After all, what are friends for ?

Hahaha brilliant. Success in your transfer dealings
Priceless!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It happens , how long did you have dobbie for ?

About 4 months or so , Dobbie has pulled off a master-stroke by earning himself a 2 year deal on a very good wage , can either take it easy in the reserves or go out on loan and then find himself playing in the Palace first team next season once all the mercenaries have left.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How is Marange a victim of Holloway's success in the transfer market when the two full backs ahead of him in the 25 man squad were already there?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Its like something you'd do on Football Manager isn't it. Work miracles (admittedly) to get a shit team promoted, spunk millions on second-rate players (two of which don't fit into the 25), make derisory bids for your rivals' best players for a laugh and say random shit at press conferences. Holloway is truly living the dream.

Exactly my sentiments. :lolol:

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

Dindane was on a PAYP deal so I don't think he cost the club much at all, it was still frustrating though as a fully fit striker could have been a blessing during those latter matches although it didn't matter in the end.

It's a piss poor waste of money, no doubt about it so hopefully he'll go out on loan and then whatever we've lost will be a fraction of it's original cost. CPFC2010 are learning each season as unlike Bloom, their families were never involved until they took over, Holloway should know better though but I won't pretend I'm not happy with the squad, it's definitely stronger than since we signed Marange. But given that we were scouring the French market for some time, this story won't do us any favours over there.

Your last comment is overly petty though, I don't see how a club that beat you to promotion at a fraction of the cost can be considered clueless, didn't you lot spunk way more on Vicente when nobody else would go near him? Plastics also? Behave...

Back to Marange, given your lack of experience at left back, he'd do a good job for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here