Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Films or TV with a BHAFC reference in it

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
There's a 1950s detective film based in Brighton and the detective fails to make it to a Brighton match. However, he is relieved he missed the game when we get stuffed. But as with all the posts on this thread it is vague and provides no film name or evidence.
'Jigsaw', with Jack Warner as the detective, made in 1962. Based on the Brighton trunk murder. Saw it recently on Talking Pictures channel.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
There was a reference to us on the Morecambe and Wise show back in the 70s/80s - about Brighton playing the Garden Gnomes and losing heavily. I've had a very quick search, but not been able to find it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Often Jon Snow wore his Brighton tie reading the news

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Aren't we shown playing a match on TV in the background in a snowmageddon type film, can't remember which one.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
There was a reference to us on the Morecambe and Wise show back in the 70s/80s - about Brighton playing the Garden Gnomes and losing heavily. I've had a very quick search, but not been able to find it.
In their 1973 Christmas show they did a spoof cast list in the lead up to the "play what Ernie wrote". Nothing to do with the actual play, just lots of topical jokes, one of which was
Lord Brighton - Brian Clough
At the time I thought it was really cool that my little 3rd tier team got a vague reference in one of the biggest shows of the year (well it was for me).

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Don't want to make this thread all about me but I did manage to sneak on set and put the Albion top of the league ladders on The Bromley Boys!

Childish I know...

Screenshot 2023-12-26 195106.png

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
In their 1973 Christmas show they did a spoof cast list in the lead up to the "play what Ernie wrote". Nothing to do with the actual play, just lots of topical jokes, one of which was
Lord Brighton - Brian Clough
At the time I thought it was really cool that my little 3rd tier team got a vague reference in one of the biggest shows of the year (well it was for me).
There was another where Eric Morecambe put out a sign that said “Luton for the cup” to which Ernie replied “can’t you say an funnier” to which Eric replied with a sign “Brig for the cup” just after we’d had a humiliating knockoput… which just goes to show that not everything on Morecambe and Wise was hilarious…. Not that I’m still bitter

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
References on Judge John Deed when we were at Withdean I think
There was. Deed was planning a trip down to Brighton and thought of turning up at Withdean, without a ticket and getting in. There was a thread on here about the implausibIlity of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here