Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa 10

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I got fed up with Pro Eve and the lack of improvement over the last few years so borrowed Fifa 08 from a mate. Didn't particularly rate that either. Have downloaded the Fifa 10 demo and again not impressed on the first few plays.

I've only got Football Manager to look forward to this year!

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
I got fed up with Pro Eve and the lack of improvement over the last few years so borrowed Fifa 08 from a mate. Didn't particularly rate that either. Have downloaded the Fifa 10 demo and again not impressed on the first few plays.

I've only got Football Manager to look forward to this year!

Demo's are never the final version of the game
have never rated a game on a demo and never will
they wont give away all of there new stuff so Pro Evo can just go and take it and put it straight on Pro Evo 10!
It states it not the final version while the game is loading

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Demo's are never the final version of the game
have never rated a game on a demo and never will
they wont give away all of there new stuff so Pro Evo can just go and take it and put it straight on Pro Evo 10!
It states it not the final version while the game is loading

Lots of people are raving about it though?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
For game play its always Pro Evo; Saddo's who like everything licenced, then its Fifa. . . END OF.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
For game play its always Pro Evo; Saddo's who like everything licenced, then its Fifa. . . END OF.

Yes everything being licenced is NICE but I don't spend 35 quid for that. Fifas gameplay has pissed all over pros for two years now. Pro is so arcade-like. Ridiculous passing, stupid dribbling. It just dosent flow. It's stuck on one pace and that's MENTAL-speed. FIFA you can slow down the play, especially with quality midfielder like xavi and iniesta. I used to LOVE pro, but it's just plain rubbish for gameplay. shame as I would like to own both.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
converted from pro evo (started on iss pro evolution soccer on the ps1) when fifa 09 came out, and the only thing i wanted them to improve was the dribbling on the ball and long range shooting. from playing the demo they look to have addressed it, so im very happy and have pre-ordered it for the ps3! :D

must admit i havent tried the new pro evo yet, will pass judgement once iv played it

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
converted from pro evo (started on iss pro evolution soccer on the ps1) when fifa 09 came out, and the only thing i wanted them to improve was the dribbling on the ball and long range shooting. from playing the demo they look to have addressed it, so im very happy and have pre-ordered it for the ps3! :D

must admit i havent tried the new pro evo yet, will pass judgement once iv played it

Dont even bother, its meant to have 360 dribbling but its nothing compared to FIFA's. I must admit i do like the shooting in PES but thats about it, everything in FIFA is better. I was rather dissapointed when i first played the PES demo, played a few games then went back to FIFA.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Honestly played the two last night and been arguing with my brothers ever since, i was die hard pro evo though and through, but FIFA pisses it, i though that as well last year but was in denial, i thought Pro would pull somthing special out this year as its been the same since around pro 6 but alas it wasnt to be, so my game of choice this year will be fifa without a doubt, obviously has the added bonus of playing as the Albion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone know if they've improved the freekicks on FIFA10? I don't think I've ever scored one on 09.

Oct 25, 2003
i do LOVE fifa's realism sometimes.......especially it's accuracy with some of the individual players.....ie it's VERY hard to miss with people like eto'o, which if you think about it is realistic as people like that will miss very few one on ones and other easy chances.........drogba is very hard to muscle off the ball, again, very realistic

it's just the attention to detail that is f***ing fantastic

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just like most people here, I used to favour Pro Evo. Infact, I used to be a king of Pro Evo, entering tournaments, etc. Wouldn't even touch Fifa. It was the DADDY of all football games. However, Pro Evo let themselves down BIG TIME with their first release on the PS3. They took a step backwards on every aspect of the game, especially online game play. Fifa on the other hand stepped up to the podium and kicked Pro Evo down a level or two.

In childish terms, Fifa 09 pissed all over Pro Evo. Now? Fifa 10 is shitting all over it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Also FIFA now has the Official License from the Dutch FA so the actual Holland team and kits will be in this years game :clap2:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyone know if they've improved the freekicks on FIFA10? I don't think I've ever scored one on 09.

Yes, dramatically.

You can now smack it hard along the floor, so maybe a sneaky one under the wall. You can also curl the ball far less dramatically( in a good way) so it's no longer like kicking a beach ball. Also defending free kicks you can now move the wall, jump or CHARGE. You can also now organisevset pieces so programe players to make specific runs into the
box. Brilliant.

Ps agree with sams and turienzos posts religiously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here