Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I’ve not mentioned Maupay once. I like him, glad he’s in the Albion squad.

Ings, well Smith/Gerrard were/are spoilt with a few forwards options. But as you know, I was talking about Stains acquisition of Ings.

Cleverly they took him on a year’s loan, only buying him when he had produced the goods.

Showing the inventiveness needed in a competitive market.

So, similar to the way we took Wellbeck and Lallana for a fraction of the cost?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wish every person I’d recruited had been a huge success and performed as I’d hoped, would have saved me a whole world of pain. Maybe balance the three duds with some of the successes ?

Welbeck is our Ings. We did alright, he’ll have a good second half of the season and probably play as many games and score as many goals as Ings.

‘Sick-note’ Ings at Stains:
24 EPL games, 7 EPL goals
38 EPL games, 22 goals
29 EPL games, 12 goals

Welbeck - 7 goals in 1.3 seasons. Lovely to watch, talented, he’s just missing from the starting line up too often.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A striker would be nice but perhaps to compliment this, we need to change the way that we are doing our shooting practice.

Surely our premier league standard players can do better than what we see week in week out?

A new striker isn't going to stop Moder missing decend chances, or trossard hitting the post, or Bissouma blazing over, Solly scuffing his shots.

Eight games without a win - six of them draws. We don't expect midfielders and defenders to be individualy prolific, but two more goals between them all in eight matches wouldn't seem to be too much to ask; could have meant another four points. Yes, oour strikers aren't doing it like they should, granted, but they're not the only ones!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If I were GP I’d have my antennae out for a move to a bigger and more ambitious club if TB doesn’t sort this out in January. Got to feel for the guy, he is much better than we are allowing him to be :shrug:

I am frustrated as Brighton fan he must be very pissed off and he is no Albion fan. He may have reached his ceiling here, project or not.

He’ll be the dogs bollocks at a club with a larger budget.

Forwards to tuck away the chances and half chances created by wonderful approach play.

I can’t see myself doing a [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and following his career with admiration. I’ll probably be fkn envious.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If I were GP I’d have my antennae out for a move to a bigger and more ambitious club if TB doesn’t sort this out in January. Got to feel for the guy, he is much better than we are allowing him to be :shrug:

I am frustrated as Brighton fan he must be very pissed off and he is no Albion fan. He may have reached his ceiling here, project or not.

You’re not GP and he won’t! He’s enjoying the project and the challenge.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
There are many people who may be culpable for our lack of options upfront, but the man who's financed us to the tune of having one of the highest net spends in the Prem over the last few years is not one of them.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yet still spent near on £50m in the summer Cucurella apart on what exactly. Pathetic window

Think Mwepu will come good but accept perhaps a striker would have been better

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The reality is that we are 8th. Bollocks to dropping points...you don`t drop points. . Fact ..We have one more point than we had this morning. Thats one gained !!

Ok you are glass overflowing.
Fact we would have been much higher up the table if we had scored more goals.
I am delighted where we are but disappointed with where we might have been.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Watkins 3 from 11
Adams 3 from 12
Edouard 3 from 10
Ings 3 from 10

Maupay 4 from 13

Bit of a problem finding THAT goal scorer, isn’t it?

Irrelevant. Expected goals is what’s relevant and last season maupay was MASSIVELY under. Expect he’s going in the same direction this season.

We create far more chances than those teams. Ings in our team would bag double as many goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Irrelevant. Expected goals is what’s relevant and last season maupay was MASSIVELY under. Expect he’s going in the same direction this season.

We create far more chances than those teams. Ings in our team would bag double as many goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

We miss golden opportunities, especially last season, but tonight also.

Chance conversion rate 2020/21 and 2021/22 would be interesting.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
‘Sick-note’ Ings at Stains:
24 EPL games, 7 EPL goals
38 EPL games, 22 goals
29 EPL games, 12 goals

Welbeck - 7 goals in 1.3 seasons. Lovely to watch, talented, he’s just missing from the starting line up too often.

And Ings is a mercenary bar steward who had languished at Liverpool and then been rescued by his hometown team - yes, hometown. Playing successfully in front of friends and family every week, or at least when he deemed himself to be fit. And then blow the concept of loyalty, he’s sold to the first team that comes sniffing around (?) for more money to a bigger club.

Saints fans were universally disgusted, as far as I can see, Billy big b*&£””cks strikes again and he wouldn’t have a Hope of passing the no dickhe@ds policy.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry but I think this thread is really out of order. The club has progressed year on year over last 10 years. Some steps backward but usually followed by 2 forward. Everyone wants to finish top 10 but it's not a simple job. Leeds spent £30 million on Dan James was he any better than what we have? The players we do have need to keep on improving especially shooting. But to complain about Bloom and what he has done for the club is poor.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly my point, money was available we spent it on prospects.

But there is an issue, if we purchase a new striker and pay serious money then that same wage has to be paid to Dunk who in his current form is very poor to say the least.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He’ll be the dogs bollocks at a club with a larger budget.

Forwards to tuck away the chances and half chances created by wonderful approach play.

I can’t see myself doing a [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] and following his career with admiration. I’ll probably be fkn envious.

100%. Anyone criticising GP for our lack of wins in his time here to date need to give their head a wobble. What on earth more can he do - he has us largely defensively solid and creating enough chances to win many games twice over if we had strikers who could do their job at PL standard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here