Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But there is an issue, if we purchase a new striker and pay serious money then that same wage has to be paid to Dunk who in his current form is very poor to say the least.
How so? Every organisation has pay structures if said striker scored a shed load Maupay can hardly ask for a pay rise when he misses sitters for a living.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How so? Every organisation has pay structures if said striker scored a shed load Maupay can hardly ask for a pay rise when he misses sitters for a living.

How many times does Dunk sign a new contract when a better player arrives and is the top paid one.........

Think you will find there is a certain clause in his contract

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And Ings is a mercenary bar steward who had languished at Liverpool and then been rescued by his hometown team - yes, hometown. Playing successfully in front of friends and family every week, or at least when he deemed himself to be fit. And then blow the concept of loyalty, he’s sold to the first team that comes sniffing around (?) for more money to a bigger club.

Saints fans were universally disgusted, as far as I can see, Billy big b*&£””cks strikes again and he wouldn’t have a Hope of passing the no dickhe@ds policy.

He had horrific longterm injuries at Anfield.

If I was a Stains player and a bigger offer came along, I’d take it. Players are a long time retired, maximise your income, everyone else is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
100%. Anyone criticising GP for our lack of wins in his time here to date need to give their head a wobble. What on earth more can he do - he has us largely defensively solid and creating enough chances to win many games twice over if we had strikers who could do their job at PL standard

Most posters in threads are justifiably lauding tonight’s overall play.

That’s Potter’s doing.

He’ll be a great success at his next club, with funds to match his talent.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Irrelevant. Expected goals is what’s relevant and last season maupay was MASSIVELY under. Expect he’s going in the same direction this season.

We create far more chances than those teams. Ings in our team would bag double as many goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Says you - you don’t know that, no one can!

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Exactly.

We miss golden opportunities, especially last season, but tonight also.

Chance conversion rate 2020/21 and 2021/22 would be interesting.

It’s not irrelevant though is it. The FACT that any of these named strikers would score more goals in our team is just supposition!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Most posters in threads are justifiably lauding tonight’s overall play.

That’s Potter’s doing.

He’ll be a great success at his next club, with funds to match his talent.

There wont be a next club. He'll never leave. Me & the Graham is going to be here FOREVER.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How many times does Dunk sign a new contract when a better player arrives and is the top paid one.........

Think you will find there is a certain clause in his contract

If there was a clause in his contract then he’d not need to sign a new one each time.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
When we got Andoni, Locadia, Ali J, Maupay Swiss Andy many on hear believed that these players push us on, other than Maupay they haven't. No one was complaining when we brought them. Many on hear wanted the one at Celtic who can't even get a game for Palace now. Watkins the same, many wanted us to break the bank for him but so far he's scored less than NM.

At the end of the day a club outside the top 8 have to get lucky when buying a striker, we have just been unlucky.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
When we got Andoni, Locadia, Ali J, Maupay Swiss Andy many on hear believed that these players push us on, other than Maupay they haven't. No one was complaining when we brought them. Many on hear wanted the one at Celtic who can't even get a game for Palace now. Watkins the same, many wanted us to break the bank for him but so far he's scored less than NM.

At the end of the day a club outside the top 8 have to get lucky when buying a striker, we have just been unlucky.

That, unfortunately is just about the shape of it...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If there was a clause in his contract then he’d not need to sign a new one each time.

Unless the clause says everytime a player is recruited that is paid more than you per week you sign a new contract to match that wage

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He had horrific longterm injuries at Anfield.

If I was a Stains player and a bigger offer came along, I’d take it. Players are a long time retired, maximise your income, everyone else is.

Yes he had long term injuries at Liverpool - hence the rescue.

But in terms of the bigger offer idea, Saints didn’t want him to leave, were taken by surprise by him leaving and there seemed to be option to try and keep him. Yes, he was under contract but…….He might as well have just kicked Ralph H in the teeth.

Fair enough to take a higher offer and go to a bigger club if it’s a protracted negotiation, like Ben White to Leeds, but this almost happened overnight giving the impression that Ings and or his agent sought it. He wouldn’t recognise loyalty if it slapped him round the face.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes he had long term injuries at Liverpool - hence the rescue.

But in terms of the bigger offer idea, Saints didn’t want him to leave, were taken by surprise by him leaving and there seemed to be option to try and keep him. Yes, he was under contract but…….He might as well have just kicked Ralph H in the teeth.

Fair enough to take a higher offer and go to a bigger club if it’s a protracted negotiation, like Ben White to Leeds, but this almost happened overnight giving the impression that Ings and or his agent sought it. He wouldn’t recognise loyalty if it slapped him round the face.

In an ideal moral world, you’d be right.

But football has been rife with tapping up and duplicity for decades, scheming agents, liars.

Buckley and Bridcutt had their heads turned, despite officially 100% of communication from Sunderland should’ve been directed to the Albion. Unsavoury endings.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
If some ****ing numpty from Sweden is able to acknowledge was TB has done and is doing for the club then imagine the level of stupidity, greed and self-entitlement you need to have as a local to want him gone just because your fancy-schmancy £50m striker hasnt arrived yet.

The striker issue has been on going since we arrived in the prem
Connolly Locadia wellbeck and Maupay that’s our strike for our fifth season in the prem . Embarrassing really after nearly five seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The frustrating thing is it would be more understandable if other clubs weren't signing strikers either, but the fact is they are. The likes of Adams, Ings, Edouard, Wilson etc. have all moved clubs in recent windows yet we've seemingly decided we're better off shopping in below par foreign leagues, meaning we've ended up with the likes of Ali J, Locadia and Andone, or relied on a clearly not yet ready kid in Connolly. Welbeck was the sort of striker we need, and even he was to paper over the cracks after we failed in a previous summer to sign anyone.

If our recruitment team can't do the job, find one which can. If the budget is the issue then be honest about it and stop pushing the ridiculous "top 10" idea because we really aren't doing it on a budget.

The players u mentioned, how many of them have scored more than Maupay? If we had got any of them we would still be having the same argument.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
So the guy that built us our stadium who saved the club who has given us premier league football is now getting stick from
Some . Sorry but it’s un ****ing believable.

Jimmy Grimble

It genuinely blows my mind the amount of people prepared to have a dig (either indirectly or directly - it doesn’t matter, it’s very transparent) at Tony Bloom for not spending more of his own money on buying a striker. I mean, it’s not like he’s already shovelled hundreds of millions into the club for no return.

I wonder if anyone on here has asked him on the train back from an away game?

Mind you, silly question. As if anyone digging him out would go to an away game, let alone a home game.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The one we have really been after recently was surely Darwin Nunez, and he’s doing alright and is being eyed up by Barcelona apparently. I’d say that is a positive reflection on our recruitment team,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here