Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFS Brighton

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
If the JPT doesnt count then neither is winning division 3 or 4 or indeed the play off trophy . So yes over 30 years, your right. But we have actually won a major trophy.

BTW, before you knock the JPT, remember you tried pretty damn hard the year before we won it. Losing to Conference bound Luton on pens if I remember.

Bored of this now. See you next season.

Good and dont pop up on any other thread!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bored of this now. See you next season.

Don't bother. Next season you will be too pre-occupied with Pompey, and we'll be too pre-occupied with Palace. As I said to a Huddersfield fan yesterday who asked me why we hate Southampton so much, we don't, but you have provided a nice little side show on the way to us renewing our proper rivalry with Palace.

Last edited:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Don't bother. Next season you will be too pre-occupied with Pompey, and we'll be too pre-occupied with Palace. As I said to a Huddersfield fan yesterday who asked me why we hate Southampton so much, we don't, but you have provided a nice little side show on the way to us renewing our proper rivalry with Palace.

A nice little side show hey :lolol: Well im kicking myself that we havent made a nice little side show out of you. No wait, I forgot, Saints couldn't give a flying f*** about you. Our fans find this hillarious, and all because of some throw away comment by Adkins.

Whats even more funny is that you compare our rivalry with P**pey with you & Palace. They are in London, you are in the southern tip of Sussex. Pompey and Saints are 10 minutes apart. That will always be the only South coast rivalry, no matter what you and Bournemouth try and spark up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A nice little side show hey :lolol: Well im kicking myself that we havent made a nice little side show out of you. No wait, I forgot, Saints couldn't give a flying f*** about you. Our fans find this hillarious, and all because of some throw away comment by Adkins.

Whats even more funny is that you compare our rivalry with P**pey with you & Palace. They are in London, you are in the southern tip of Sussex. Pompey and Saints are 10 minutes apart. That will always be the only South coast rivalry, no matter what you and Bournemouth try and spark up.
Rightio :rolleyes:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only side show i see is this-
Southampton did not come as close to making promotion last season as they have this-

This is what their 1st real promotion activity since 1978?

Now all i know is this-Brighton having won promotion from this division 3 times in 10 years kinda know a thing or two about being a hard nosed League 1 divisional rival.

Just like Chesterfield & Reading (the rivalry back then with those 2 was as intense)the 2 teams we pipped to titles in 2001 & 2002 Southampton are in fact experiencing 1st hand what it is to be a promotion rival,that's all.

Bless Southampton for they not know what it's like

Forget Southampton some would say our real rivals are Chesterfield.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Before you make ignorant comments, look up the Brighton/Palace rivalry.

And if you couldn't give a 'flying f***' about us, then why the hell are you on our forum?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
redneb resides in Patcham & thus is preparing for the inevitable,the day the kids say "were of to Brighton".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

OK. You win. You have the bestest rivalry. Hurrah! Have a badge.

Southern tip of Sussex? Did you fail Geography along with General Studies?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The only side show i see is this-
Southampton did not come as close to making promotion last season as they have this-

This is what their 1st real promotion activity since 1978?

Now all i know is this-Brighton having won promotion from this division 3 times in 10 years kinda know a thing or two about being a hard nosed League 1 divisional rival.

Just like Chesterfield & Reading (the rivalry back then with those 2 was as intense)the 2 teams we pipped to titles in 2001 & 2002 Southampton are in fact experiencing 1st hand what it is to be a promotion rival,that's all.

Bless Southampton for they not know what it's like

Forget Southampton some would say our real rivals are Chesterfield.

Fair points. TBF though, the reason we havent tasted promotion since 1978 was because up until 2005 we were in the top league - you cant go up from the Prem.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Fair points. TBF though, the reason we havent tasted promotion since 1978 was because up until 2005 we were in the top league - you cant go up from the Prem.

What the f*** are you doing on a rival team's messageboard at this time of the morning on a Bank Holiday? You sad bastard .

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Poor old SCC - whilst the Albion players are on holiday in Marbella, they still have to get three points at Plymouth to make sure of being promoted.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Why are you still here? It's over. Any rivalry-whether one-sided or not- is now long gone. There are no fixtures outstanding between us, and any realistic threat you posed as a title rival has been dead for the last 6 weeks or so. Next season neither club will have any relevance at all to the other, so why are you still here? Go and enjoy your promotion, go and bother pompey, go and do anything but stop posting on a message board of a team that has no relevance or meaning to you.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

What is about you that persists on posting on this board?

You are one massive loser.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

One word - BITTER :lolol:

We don't need a poxy rivalry with you, we've put you to bed this season and now we have Palace again, you may not get it but that's your problem not ours.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Southampton were 11/4 to lift the title at the start of the season. No side has had odds this short in Div 1 in recent memory.
They have struggled to live up to these odds due to the inadequacy of their management team. They have by far the strongest squad of players in the division but unfortunately for them ( and luckily for us ) their manager ain't good enough.
He is one of these happy band who go through life ' talking the talk '. They interview well, dress well, sound good and look orange. Phil Brown is another as is Gary Megson ( although much less orange...more greying ginger ) They have hopped onto footballs treadmill, are enjoying the ride and hope they can last a decent amount of time before they are found out.
Life is full of these over-promoted individuals, who blag their way through with an ultra-white smile and plenty of cliches and soundbites.
Adkins has underachieved in terms of expectation. They should have ripped this division apart and stormed to the title. Instead, they have trailed Brighton by up to 18 points ( when the CHAMPIONS were actually trying! ) and have been pushed to the wire by Huddersfield.
He has been carried by their strength in depth but all Saints fans know in their heart of hearts that Pardew would have pissed this division.
The true achievers this season have been Warnock, Lambert, Poyet, Howe ( + Bradbury / Fletcher ) and Still, if he keeps the Daggers up.
Not, I'm afraid Mr. Adkins.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Not sure if you put your head up your arse a lot of the time but's quite clear that a lot of SCCs fans did give a damn, I know quite a few who have kept telling us that we would have a slump, granted we have but only once we had won the Championship. Still as has been pointed out, we have had single season rivalries with the likes of Chesterfield (and Cardiff), Reading and now SCC for the simple reason that they were our biggest rivals for the Championship of the league we were in. As far as I can remember we have never really had any strong opinions about either Pompey or SCC up until the events of the last couple of seasons.

You can relax because next season (I am sure you'll be in the same division as us) the only time we will care about either of you is when you play us (and Palace).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here