Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite film quote?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is it between "here" and "somewhere", and is it from The Artist?

nope
those of a certain age should know it

look down my friend look down
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.....I've seen C-beams glitter in the dark by the Tannhauser Gate. All these......moments will be lost in time, like tears...in rain. Time to die.'

(Blade Runner)

:bigwave:

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
From True Romance, an exchange between Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper (edited slightly to try and avoid offence)

Clifford Worley: You're Sicilian, huh?
Coccotti: Yeah, Sicilian.
Clifford Worley: Ya know, I read a lot. Especially about things... about history. I find that s**t fascinating. Here's a fact I don't know whether you know or not. Sicilians were spawned by n*****s.
Coccotti: Come again?
Clifford Worley: It's a fact. Yeah. You see, uh, Sicilians have, uh, black blood pumpin' through their hearts. Hey, no, if eh, if eh, if you don't believe me, uh, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, uh, you see, uh, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are n*****s.
Coccotti: Yes...
Clifford Worley: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much f****n' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that n****r gene. Now this...
[Coccotti busts out laughing]
Clifford Worley: No, I'm, no, I'm quoting... history. It's written. It's a fact, it's written.
Coccotti: [laughing] I love this guy.
Clifford Worley: Your ancestors are n*****s. Uh-huh.
[Starts laughing, too]
Clifford Worley: Hey. Yeah. And, and your great-great-great-great grandmother f****d a n****r, ho, ho, yeah, and she had a half-n****r kid... now, if that's a fact, tell me, am I lying? 'Cause you, you're part eggplant.

The best scene ever, as Hopper takes a drag on his last ever cigarette as the opera music starts playing in the background
Magical scene

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bette Davis - not sure which film, but:

"Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Edit: It's from All About Eve.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
The best scene ever, as Hopper takes a drag on his last ever cigarette as the opera music starts playing in the background
Magical scene

You just managed to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, think it's time to hook that movie off the shelf and watch it again!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Thats okay, I got 2 guns, one for each of ya" - Tombstone

Billy Crystal- "Kill anyone today?"

Jack Palance- "Day ain't over yet"

- From not a great film City Slickers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Groucho Marx, Animal Crackers

Duck Soup .....

Prosecutor: Something must be done! War would mean a prohibitive increase in our taxes.
Chicolini: Hey, I got an uncle lives in Taxes.
Prosecutor: No, I'm talking about taxes - money, dollars!
Chicolini: Dollars! There's-a where my uncle lives! Dollars, Taxes!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here