Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite beer?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
UK - Deuchars IPA and Waggledance
US - Dogfish Head Bitches Brew and Sam Adams Winter Lager

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Not sure what else he's on about but Brew Dog (as sampled in a local Wetherspoons fleapit) is a very fine pint of ale.

Dark Star Hylder Blonde is the very definition of beer heaven. To say 'elderflower hints' sounds a bit ponsey, but f*** me that beer is good!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Had this -- Ommegang Abbey Ale -- with the Thanksgiving turkey.

Remarkably good Upstate New York knockoff of the classic Belgian duppel. Wizard with smoked turkey.

Ommegang_Dubbel.jpg

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I'm surprised so many people have mentioned London Pride, I much prefer ESB, particularly nice out of a bottle too. Deuchars IPA is a very nice pint.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Everards Tiger or Fullers London Pride with a special mention for Molson Export.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Depends which mood Im in:

This:
lech_beer.jpg

or this:

latis_imports_palm.jpg

and when I can find it:

cart.php

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
On the way to Southampton my Brother in law and I managed to consume Meantime IPA, Kwack, St Peters IPA and finally St Peters Organic Best.

All were good. Kwack is my favourite Belgian beer. My favourite English ale is a toss up between Timothy Taylor Landlord or Harvey's Armada. Did sample the Jaipur IPA at the Hanover Beer festival and was very impressed.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Deuchars IPA
Black Sheep
Hoegaarden (Would have gone for K&B Old Ale, but the brewery doesn't exist any more)

You could try either Kings or Hepworths version of Old Ale - both brewed in Horsham - the Kings version shades it for me but I do have to keep doing comparison tasting to be fair to Hepworths.:laugh:

Yankee Budweiser is made out of rice FFS - the only brewery I have ever worked in that I didn't wish to sample the goods, Czech Budvar on the other hand is nectar as are lots of other Czech beers.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ah but have you ever tried German Rauschbier? Dark, bitter with a taste of smoked ham...to die for.

I've heard of Rauchbier....in fact I've got one in the fridge right now. Literally translated it's Smoke Beer.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I'm surprised so many people have mentioned London Pride, I much prefer ESB, particularly nice out of a bottle too. Deuchars IPA is a very nice pint.

I think it's because it's widely available and the elderly are reassured by the familiar

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Is that the 5.9% abv one?

If so, it's a very nice beer and quite deceptive being very clear.

That's the one - I've only recently got into the stronger IPAs (the meantime one is 7.5%) but Jaipur was a great beer and sold out on the Friday at Hanover. I was raving about it and those in my party who listened got in quick and loved it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here