Favourite beer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Had some of the shittest beer of my life last night (some pub's 'special' own brew) and so trying to forget by thinking of my favourite.
Tough choice, but gotta be one of the Czech pilsners, perhaps Pilsner Urquell.

Anyone else or is NSC a hotbed of CAMRA activity?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Butcombe ..... its Noth Somerset at its best,........ booootiful.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
yeah Asahi, good call.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Any of the following..... Harvey's, Directors, London Pride or Black Cuillin made by The Isle of Skye Brewery

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I like a lot of Ales but the one I will always enjoy having a drink of is London Pride.

Timothy Taylor, Theakston's Old Peculier, Director's are also all nice drinks, though I tend to like most Ales.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Harveys Best
Jennings Cumberland
Robinsons Best

In that order. Hilarious that people mention Harveys and London Pride in the same breath as each other. If you've ever had a pint of the former, followed by a pint of the latter, you'll realise that the latter tastes of nothing.

Good call on the Isle of Skye stuff shingle, had a drop of that when I was up there last year though I think Red Cuillin is more to my taste. Not when I'm walking mind - Blaven and Sgurr Alasdair all the way.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Harveys
Black Sheep
Butcombe

I also went to Belgium a couple of months and have a new love affair with some of their beers :love:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you've ever had a pint of the former, followed by a pint of the latter, you'll realise that the latter tastes of nothing.

That can be said of any drink whether it be beer, lager, wine or a spirit once you have the taste in your mouth/mind you need to completely clean your pallette before changing. This is why people have cheese ata wine and cheese party. Try a sip of Guinness after each and if blindfolded you could be drinking water or a strong beer like Gold Label and it would all taste the same.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very difficult question. Dark Star APA's very good though. That or Harveys.
No it's not, as already mentioned the correct answer is:-

Timmy Taylor's Landlord.

The difficult question is, what comes 2nd, to that?

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
San Miguel.
I'd like to start trying a few real ales but i don't know where to start. There's a pub in town that seems to do a fair few.
Any pointers would be great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports