Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite beer?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
San Miguel.
I'd like to start trying a few real ales but i don't know where to start. There's a pub in town that seems to do a fair few.
Any pointers would be great.

Try a few and see which you like. Its personal taste, what one person hates another loves. As a starting point, I'd go for a local beer.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Be careful of Abbot's Ale, horrid hangover stuff

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I love a strong IPA and a well kept Harveys is very good. Lots of places though seem to be serving it very cold. On lager Asahi is a very good shout. Bud or Becks on tap (not from the bottle) is nice as well

Jimmy Grimble

Can't get enough of Sol at the moment.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
new fave as served in my local, cheap at £2.40 a pint probably sways my decision!
07KaltenbergHellWeb.jpg

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
While in South America the Cusquena was amazing, doesn't taste half as good here. Most Sth American lager was good though, Pacena, Arequipena, something to do with the altitude apparently.

Over here Peroni always tastes good. Problem is when you buy a pint from the tap you rarely get what its advertised as!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Doombar is a great beer as is Wolvers Ale, probably two of my favorites those.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. As a starting point, I'd go for a local beer.
I would not give that advice because local brews tend to have a very distinct taste so would suggest going to a Wetherspoons where you can try 3 different glasses of beer in 1/3rd pint and pay for a pint, at the moment but not sure for how long.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Deuchars IPA
Black Sheep
Hoegaarden (Would have gone for K&B Old Ale, but the brewery doesn't exist any more)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Orkney Brewey Dark Island
Dark Star Porter
Fullers London Porter
Brains Dark

I likes dark beers.

Had a few of the Dark Star Porters last week and they certainly creep up on you at 5.5%. Lovely taste.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Just had a cuppla 5 pints bought for me by a generous mate, & it's worked a TREAT!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here