Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell to Gary Hart in Sussex

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Some of the goals on that YouTube clip are beautifully taken. He was more talented than perhaps people give him credit for and certainly a fantastic pro.

Fans really relate to players like that. Gary seemed to love playing for us, never forgot how lucky he was, and made the most of his ability. Good on him and I hope he finds a role within the game.

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Scored my favourite withdean goal against Southend, hand of god 96th minute (something like that). Wish him well

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wasn't he another one of the players offered a AITC role once he retired?

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
One of my favourite players I got to see play. Every time I got a programme at an away game his write up would include a mention of the cash plus kits we gave for him without fail. As already mentioned would love to see him back at the club in some way or another.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Wasn't he another one of the players offered a AITC role once he retired?

He's training kids for AITC at various sites across the area, he took over from the AITC coach who sadly passed away a couple of years back. Saw him in sainsburys a few weeks ago.

I remember buying one of his testimonial shirts and meeting him with my son who was totally captivated and in awe of Harty who was absolutely brilliant signing loads of stuff and had a few pictures too.

A thoroughly decent chap in my experience, many of the younger pros at the club would do well to follow his example IMO.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Posh spice is a slapper......... :)

All the best OGH in whatever you move onto next.

LEGEND.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I recall the near post goal he scored against Leeds at the Withdean. The winner I believe and well into the second half. Yes 100 per cent committed with a bit of niggle for the opposition !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion's own Steve Bull.

No England cap obviously, but a stalwart and LOYAL. A club legend in the proper sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Arguably the best £1,000 we've ever spent.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
373 Albion appearances, according to Wikipedia.

As far as I can see, only Peter O'Sullivan, Des Tennant, Glen Wilson and Norman Gall have ever made more appearances from the Albion, all members of the 400 appearance club. Amazing stuff from the £1000 man.
Hey Edna....dopn't forget the team kit as well...probably one of the better buys.....could never disgree with his effort....Thanks Gary

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Always remember one night at Priestfield, we were losing 3-0 to Cambs Utd (I think) and hadn't scored for about 8 games(?). Late in the game he took the ball past two players, rounded the keeper and slotted home in front of us. We cheered as though it was the winner.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
One of my favourite players of the Priestfield/Withdean era. All gave his all, no matter what position he was playing, whether we were winning or losing and whether it was the first or 91st minute. What a, er, heart he had. If he reads this, wishing you all the best for the future

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I think he and Paul Reid between them must have played every position except keeper. God, the squads in those days were cellotaped together....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here