Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage is a contestant on "I'm a celebrity ****, get me out of here".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, I don’t watch things like this. Farage is a ****, I can’t understand why anyone would willingly watch something they hate. I might comment if I read in the papers of something interesting that happens while he’s there, a serious accident or drubbing incident for example.
I hoped, when I started the thread, that it might serve as a focus for reporting amusing episodes of Farage's hubris and (hopefully) misfortune and humiliation on national TV (as opposed to the job he does every night on GBnews). Of course, it's perfectly fine for people to pop on to let us know they won't be watching.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh, I don’t watch things like this. Farage is a ****, I can’t understand why anyone would willingly watch something they hate. I might comment if I read in the papers of something interesting that happens while he’s there, a serious accident or drubbing incident for example.
I think a lot of it comes down to people loving the programme, even if they 'hate' one of more individuals in it. Maybe they hope that the person they don't like will suffer in there and therefore it makes it entertaining (edit: essentially what HWT wrote!).

I typically dip in and out of IACGMOOH, but didn't really take to Hancock last year and I could see through his 'act' in there straight away, even if some of the campmates seemed to be won over. Farage? I simply cannot watch anything that involves such a smarmy, smug berk. I saw it had been said that people would see the real him, which implies that they don't when he's OUT of the jungle. That says it all to me – people who play games like that can royally fack off.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It is probably worth noting that Farage is NOT a politician. He's not elected to parliament or any council. He's on a par with Yaxley-Lennon. He's a pundit. A gobshite. A grifter. A plum. A shyster. A Miggy Almirón lookalikee. A national disgrace. A carpetbagger. Need I go on? ???
He is a very skilful politician i.e. he strongly influenced decisions about who gets what. He is much above Yaxley-Lennon and that's what makes him very dangerous with his manipulation of the 'i am just a normal bloke down the pub' image and now this further step to 'normalisation' by grabbing a lot of TV time.

Fortunately I don't watch the programme.

P.S. he was an elected MEP

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't see this in the same light as Hancock's entry. Hancock was trying to 'funwash' himself after being culpable for the deaths of people in care homes. It was distasteful to say the least. He knew his parliamentary career was over and he was trying to use his notoriety to find a new grift. He even hired a PR firm to work for him to keep him in as long as possible. Unfortunately it seems to have worked because he's done more reality TV since.

Farage is doing it for the money. I don't buy the Guardian panic that he is positioning himself for an eventual Tory leadership bid. The Coutts fuss revealed that he doesn't have the money he used to have since he stopped getting a MEP's salary and ITV have offered him a ridiculous amount of cash to do this. He won't be 'funwashing' himself because most people are already decided on him: - The people who already like him already think he's fun and those who don't like him, still won't like him. That just leaves those who aren't much aware of him. They are the totally politically unaware, a group that is bigger than we tend to imagine. They may end up liking him, but will provide him with none of the political capital he would need to be accepted back into a Conservative Party many of whom are extremely suspicious and resentful of him.

Farage was a one idea politician and his idea has proven to be a busted flush. He has no future in politics. He's been reduced to singing to the choir. They will always love him, but like him they have no positive policies. They can only moan about change and play the blame game. Following the reality of Brexit he and his kind have been flailing around looking for something else to be against, but the 'anti-woke' scam doesn't have the same attraction as the 'sunlit uplands' of freedom from EU shackles. He's yesterday's man looking for a last pay off on his way out of the door.

In terms of the show I don't expect him to last very long. Despite the sadistic nature of the trials, the voting audience is from the youngest generations and tends to reward the team player. They don't like anyone who tries to 'Alpha-Male' their campmates. This was no bother for Hancock because he's always known his place. He's never been the bully, he's the weasly kid riding on the bully's coattails. He's not Clarkson, he's Hammond. Farage won't be able to hold his tongue. It's not in his nature. He'll row with someone and then he'll go the way of other loud self-confident older blokes who went out early - Boy George, James Haskell, Noel Edmonds, Danny Baker. (I've watched too much of this).

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
'Heute Show' is a ZDF political satire programme reviewing the weeks events. Farage earned a cameo mention.

"I'm A Fascist Get Me Out Of Here"

The Germans call him for what he is.....

Farage.ITV.jpg

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I won`t be watching it all .... As per last night went to sleep halfway through. But whilst most on here seem to hate the man. As far as I am concerned it is the appearance of someone Like Farage who makes the show interesting and worth a watch . I haven`t heard of any of the other contestants. Without Farage I would have no interest. NSC would probably hardly be interested either. He did well whilst I was awake getting the three stars in the snake ridden Van.
Controversial characters appearing, make the Show what it is and get the advertising/reporting going for the show !!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is a very skilful politician i.e. he strongly influenced decisions about who gets what. He is much above Yaxley-Lennon and that's what makes him very dangerous with his manipulation of the 'i am just a normal bloke down the pub' image and now this further step to 'normalisation' by grabbing a lot of TV time.

Fortunately I don't watch the programme.

P.S. he was an elected MEP
I might concede that he has been a politician (with the emphasis on has been) given that he was elected as an MEP, but that does not make him a skilful politician (by that I mean someone who effects change by being elected to a parliament, rather than the wider meaner of the term as a practitioner of the art of the possible).

In a wider sense, yes, he was a very skilful practitioner of the art of the possibility of getting the UK to vote leave. He did indeed 'win', and without being a member of the UK parliament. So he is on a par with hat bloke who owns Weatherspoon's. Neither this not his previous stint as an MEP carpetbagger qualify him to present himself as a politician, however, any more than my bronze swimming certificate and former role as centre forward for the 6th Hove cubs football team qualifies me to present myself as an athlete.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
1. I don't buy the Guardian panic that he is positioning himself for an eventual Tory leadership bid.

2. I don't expect him to last very long.
These are the only things I disagree with. As to the latter, much depends on gammon poll rigging. He will have well trained sadly. I would love to see him get really pissy knickered, the real him. Odious little kunnt.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having read the comments / feedback on 3 separate links to newspaper coverage of the show there is a real danger Farage's fans will vote him for every trial AND vote to save him so that he ends up winning. However, if the producers want him off the show all they have to do is change the criteria from 'Vote to save' to 'Vote to remove'.

I thought it was a bad idea to have Farage on the show, I see from the ratings the viewing numbers of opening night are the lowest since Series 1 over 20 years ago, from 9.1m to 6.95m. I suspect a chunk of that is down to having Hancock on - and finishing third - last year, the last straw for many people. Farage's current odds of 8-1 to win looks like a gift, it's 2016 all over again.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I might concede that he has been a politician (with the emphasis on has been) given that he was elected as an MEP, but that does not make him a skilful politician (by that I mean someone who effects change by being elected to a parliament, rather than the wider meaner of the term as a practitioner of the art of the possible).

In a wider sense, yes, he was a very skilful practitioner of the art of the possibility of getting the UK to vote leave. He did indeed 'win', and without being a member of the UK parliament. So he is on a par with hat bloke who owns Weatherspoon's. Neither this not his previous stint as an MEP carpetbagger qualify him to present himself as a politician, however, any more than my bronze swimming certificate and former role as centre forward for the 6th Hove cubs football team qualifies me to present myself as an athlete.
Not a fan of his at all but he had more influence on political outcome than the Weatherspoon's guy and indeed a lot more than most of the faceless politicians we elect into Parliament.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a fan of his at all but he had more influence on political outcome than the Weatherspoon's guy and indeed a lot more than most of the faceless politicians we elect into Parliament.
Go on, admit it. You are a fan :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here