Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fanzone dying on it's backside , needs a freshen up!

Feb 14, 2010
Well quite clearly, judging by the comments on here and the actions of the people at the game, plenty of people DO like it so you very obviously don't speak for everyone. I can understand why you may not like it given your comments but you do NOT speak for everyone and you certainly don't speak for the kids. If a few "traditionalists" find it cringeworthy then too bad. You have 90 minutes to do your singing when it really matters.

And plenty of people that cant stand it either, as such, changes are needed, and get rid of "put your hands up for Brighton" an absolute must.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
There is no point in singing as nobody can hear themselves think because Smash'y and Nice'y on the discs is subjecting everyone to an extremely loud tannoy with shite music and `American style bollox that nobody likes.

If your at Birmingham next week listen to the crap load music leading up to the kick off, last year no one had a chance of getting any singing going or atmos you were just drowned out , at the Amex I think the balance is right a montage of music for people that like it followed by silence for people to sing ( but they don't ) followed by clips of goals then more silence before GOSBTS I think it's spot on , I love the whole Amex experience it caters for everyone

genre b. good

Oct 22, 2012
Rubbish. I enjoy fanzone and judging by the amount of kids jumping up and down and waving so do they. Don't want goal music and couldn't care less either way about Gully's Girls. If you honestly think fans are going to spontaneously start singing ten minutes before kick off then I think you're wrong. It's total silence until Fanzone comes on. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should go.

That's not quite true, obviously it isn't a wall of noise for the ten minutes but the away fans quite often try to start singing before the match but then get completely drowned out by the fanzone. If they did start singing then I'm sure some Brighton would respond.

But in any case, I don't see the problem with total silence/conversation until kick off (well until GOSBTS).

Feb 14, 2010
Loud cringeworthy music stops you !! Some guys behind me in N1C tried singing, but were drowned out by it - which killed it off spreading. Ill admit id be a bit happier with it if that "put your hands up for Brighton" bit is removed - that certainly is the worst bit.

Just an idea actually, if there anyway a less cringeworthy (if possible) fanzone could be merged into the video before the players come out ? Ill admit a fair few people join in for Hey Jude, so to reduce the gap from that to the players coming out might work, would have the players in the tunnel hearing that too instead of silence before GOSBTS starts.

Perhaps a sensible compromise if we really do have the pay the wages of Smash'y and Nice'y, but as I say, Smash'y and Nice'y would be on UB40 if I had my way.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There is plenty of time to sing throughout the match, if you do not like fan zone then stay on the concourse and walk to your seat 5 mins before KO. It's needs a little updating, maybe the time could be used for someone to come on a mike and teach new and younger fans some of the songs sung during the match. What is needed is a bit of passion before the players come out. Maybe some of the Norths finest could warm the crowd up

Feb 14, 2010
That's not quite true, obviously it isn't a wall of noise for the ten minutes but the away fans quite often try to start singing before the match but then get completely drowned out by the fanzone. If they did start singing then I'm sure some Brighton would respond.

But in any case, I don't see the problem with total silence/conversation until kick off (well until GOSBTS).

A voice of reason and sanity.

Feb 14, 2010
If your at Birmingham next week listen to the crap load music leading up to the kick off, last year no one had a chance of getting any singing going or atmos you were just drowned out , at the Amex I think the balance is right a montage of music for people that like it followed by silence for people to sing ( but they don't ) followed by clips of goals then more silence before GOSBTS I think it's spot on , I love the whole Amex experience it caters for everyone

I wont be at Birmingham. I will agree that its not just the Albion, Smash'y and Nice'y making themselves the centre of attention and blasting us out with music befotre a game so that we can hardly have a chat with the people we went to the game with is a curse of modern football, whether Brighton, Millwall, Birmingham, Ipswich, Palace or wherever. Its shite, and its time people told Smash'y and Nice'y that its shite.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I like the going straight into the video montage idea.

How about a new Fanzone playlist consisting of:

Great Escape
Praise You
Hey Jude
One Step Beyond
Na na na na hey hey (or whatever it's called)

Any more?

The Adam El-Abd muppet song
Full vocal version of SBTS

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I like it. I know it's lost alot of it's novelty but, when the screens are on, kids (& adults) are up there bopping around and it injects a bit of life before the game.

People do seem to be taking their seats later & later though, but the kids need to be entertained.

Feb 14, 2010
Perhaps that is the tactic, have Smash'y and Nice'y blasting you out with shite so that you have to stay on the concourse and drink beer.. now I understand, there had to be a reason why this utter garbage takes place game after after game.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm afraid I'm with the traditionalists on this one. I don't mind the goals montage (Stoooreeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!! still gives me goosebumps) but I'd drop the rest of it – Fanzone, the dancing girls – I view them no differently to goal celebration music. I seem to remember us coming away from a 5-1 thrashing at Reading a few seasons back, criticising their fans for being so plastic ("Number 13, the Reading fans..!") but much of what we see at home games these days follows the Reading model.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Just take out the "put your hands up for Brighton" bit as its awful but the rest seems alright. I think the fanzone was crap with no kids waving flags etc as they'd seen they weren't on the screens for the previous two home games and thought it would stay like that.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think they should put zombie nation on, at the end of all the songs. We could also join in, or even continue it after it ends. Saw a video on youtube of American football fans doing it and it looked awesome.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think they should put zombie nation on, at the end of all the songs. We could also join in, or even continue it after it ends. Saw a video on youtube of American football fans doing it and it looked awesome.

This. That's the one I was trying to think of earlier.

Can't find any video of a crowd doing it well, there's lots of ones taken at American Football matches where it looks like there are hundreds of thousands of people singing but it's still quiet. Must be the bad acoustics in those open bowls.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2.50 - air raid siren to summon people from the concourses and focus attention, followed by Storerrrrrr!!!! video, followed by vocal version of GOSBTS as players stand in tunnel, followed by player walk-out with fans singing whatever they like.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
2.50 - air raid siren to summon people from the concourses and focus attention, followed by Storerrrrrr!!!! video, followed by vocal version of GOSBTS as players stand in tunnel, followed by player walk-out with fans singing whatever they like.

I like this idea.

Yes the music needs refreshing and it would work better running straight into the video montage but some people on the thread need to chill out and realise that its not just about what they want. The children love it, I sit in the family stand and every kid around me loves Fan Zone as do a lot of the adults. Yes its not everyones cup of tea but it encourages the non-harcore fans to get involved with the atmosphere and every extra voice is a good thing. Perhaps if the hardcore fans slagging it off were to start singing before FansZone starts then it might not be neccessary but the ground is like a library before FanZone kicks off.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I would like to see it go. Let the crowd create it's own atmosphere rather then trying to create one for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here