Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fanzone dying on it's backside , needs a freshen up!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Jesus wept. Dont tell me you want to bang a drum and have goal music as well? Are you sure you dont support Palace? How about the fans of both sides sing at each other, and the music is turned down so we can hear the atmosphere?

f*** off.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Jesus wept. Dont tell me you want to bang a drum and have goal music as well? Are you sure you dont support Palace? How about the fans of both sides sing at each other, and the music is turned down so we can hear the atmosphere?

Something for everyone, fanzone is aimed at the kids and us oldies that are still young at heart and don't take life to seriously it's not the 80s anymore unless you support millwall

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

??? there is already a period where this can happen at matches after fanzone and before the video montage yet it largely is just quiet and still half full. So do you suggest just 15 mins of silence before kick off??? If you want silence maybe you should go and support palace :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
Something for everyone, fanzone is aimed at the kids and us oldies that are still young at heart and don't take life to seriously it's not the 80s anymore unless you support millwall

Its not "for the kids". I was a kid once and used to love listening to the atmosphere created by the fans. Its plastic rubbish that is created by adults who think they know what kids want but who, as usual, get it completely wrong.

Feb 14, 2010
??? there is already a period where this can happen at matches after fanzone and before the video montage yet it largely is just quiet and still half full. So do you suggest just 15 mins of silence before kick off??? If you want silence maybe you should go and support palace :thumbsup:

No mate, I dont want silence, I want to be able to speak to the people I go to games with and listen to the atmosphere created by the fans, not some Smashy and Nicey tool of a DJ who wants to make themselves the centre of attention.

Feb 14, 2010
last word, whoever thought "put your hands up for Brighton" was a good idea, just about sums up the entire fanzone - cringeworthy.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No mate, I dont want silence, I want to be able to speak to the people I go to games with and listen to the atmosphere created by the fans, not some Smashy and Nicey tool of a DJ who wants to make themselves the centre of attention.

Extended highlights of matches, then the atmosphere should be started by the crowd - not by some cringeworthy "fanzone". Then go into the video before the players come out - the game between the 2 seems to be getting longer too.

Fanzone for me is up there with goal music.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Half the time it doesn't even show the fans, just the music and the say old ads, I know it for the kids and all, but i'd rather they showed the EXTENDED highlights of previous games.

That's because the can't do it when we are on tv, I guess because we are not in control of the cameras

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think it's a great idea
" put your hands up for Brighton .... I love this city " whoop whoop

I can smell the sarcasm dripping from that :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
Do you by any chance also like goal music and drums/instruments at a football match ?

Another thing, ever thought its "dying on its backside" because a lot of other people think its crap ?

That's no the point mate, the people that created it are 30/40 year olds who think they know what kids want and they have not worked out that actually the kids hate it as much as everyone else because actually kids are not stupid.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Cant be the only person, but i think its incredibly cringeworthy, especially the "put your hands up for Brighton" bit :facepalm:

Rather it be scrapped if im totally honest. Last couple of games fans werent shown on the screens as ITV/Sky have control of the cameras so the club couldnt use it......thankfully.
Exactly. Toe-curlingly painful. Get rid

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Do you by any chance also like goal music and drums/instruments at a football match ?

Another thing, ever thought its "dying on its backside" because a lot of other people think its crap ?

I hate goal music , drums and the England band because once the game starts I wanna just watch the football and then it's time for the crowd to make the atmos
But I see nothing wrong with a montage of records prior to the kick off for some pre match fun for the kids and those that aren't bothered about sinking another pint right up till 5 to 3

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I think it should be shortened, there's only a few people bother singing too, just play them and get rid of the stupid 'get your hands up for Brigh-ton'.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We managed to stop even a hint of goal music and that argument is won. The next step is to rid the Albion of dancers, and fanzone's. A bit of music on low before the game but then turn it off 10 minutes before kick off and let the fans do the singing. Then, the entrance of the players with Sussex by the sea. The best thing Barbour has done is get rid of Gullys girls, now get rid of this American soul less rubbish completely.

Rubbish. I enjoy fanzone and judging by the amount of kids jumping up and down and waving so do they. Don't want goal music and couldn't care less either way about Gully's Girls. If you honestly think fans are going to spontaneously start singing ten minutes before kick off then I think you're wrong. It's total silence until Fanzone comes on. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it should go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here