Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
The latest info hot off the press from Home Park.

The BIL/Heaney deal now appears to be dead. Hooray!! However, the latest protagonist to enter the ring appears to be non other than Firoz Kassam.....yes, that Kassam. Not confirmed it's him yet, but it's pretty certain. Ridsdale went running off to Monaco a couple of days ago to meet with someone there (allegedly Kassam). The rumour is that Kassam would get involved on the same terms as BIL, i.e Ridsdale would still get his hands on the club for £1.

Ridsdale is the one pulling all the strings. It appears that he will do everything in his power to get a deal done whereby he gets a club to play with. The Brent bid will not give him this.

Once again, time is not on our side. I assume Kassam will have to go through the due diligence process which could take weeks. Also, apparently, Kassam still owns the stadium he modestly named after himself, so their may also be dual interest issues.

I think I'd better head off to some Oxford Utd forums to see what their fans think of him....although, I'm sure I can guess. Mind you, we only have one side of our stadium that needs finishing, so maybe with his experience of building 3 sided grounds, he has unfinished business!!

I just wish the Administrator would go straight to Brent......but of course, Ridsdale wouldn't want that.

Guilfoyle does what he's told by Ridsdale.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
B) We don't know. Presently we think not, any council that caused a megaplex or a shopping centre to be dropped into the 'green lung' of the City would itself be dropped by the City voters. However, and here's the scary bit, were the football club to be deliberately run into the ground and went out of business (and with the rent / Ridsdale salary costs of the BIL bid on decreasing gates it's quite likely) what would the council do with the resultant white elephant in the park?. If Home Park became a weed infested grafitti strewn eyesore, they'd have to rethink. It's worrying but it's an inescapable conclusion that it'd be to the advantage of the landlord for us to fail.
This scenario will have BIL rubbing their hands with glee. Argyle fans have to make sure it never happens. Archer , Stanley and Bellotti tried to KILL our club BUT THEY FAILED because they underestimated FAN POWER.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The latest info hot off the press from Home Park.

Ridsdale went running off to Monaco a couple of days ago to meet with someone there (allegedly Kassam).
Ridsdale is the one pulling all the strings. It appears that he will do everything in his power to get a deal done whereby he gets a club to play with. The Brent bid will not give him this.
I just wish the Administrator would go straight to Brent......but of course, Ridsdale wouldn't want that.
Guilfoyle does what he's told by Ridsdale.

Now you've got a song for Saturday !!! it goes like this -

Build a bonfire , build a bonfire ,
Put Guilfoyle on the top ,
Put Ridsdale in the middle ,
And we'll burn the fuckin' lot

:thumbsup:

Kevin Ball

Sep 6, 2011
I see that I am amongst friends and good people.I

I should very much like to sponsor 10 Brighton fans who might be feeling the pinch at the moment and may not be able to make the FansReUnited game on the 24th. If my sponsorhip contribution will tip the balance then the great. Sadly illness prevents me from being their myself.

Some of the Argyle posters on this thread will know me and if i could liaise with your 'leader' about all this then that would make my life a whole lot easier.

so many thanks for your kindness

Kevin

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I should very much like to sponsor 10 Brighton fans who might be feeling the pinch at the moment and may not be able to make the FansReUnited game on the 24th. If my sponsorhip contribution will tip the balance then the great. Sadly illness prevents me from being their myself.

Some of the Argyle posters on this thread will know me and if i could liaise with your 'leader' about all this then that would make my life a whole lot easier.

Kevin

What a star! I very much hope though that there will be fans there from clubs up and down the country - hopefully many too many to sponsor :D

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Kevin

Great gesture

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Kevin

WOW, I'd come in here to post about something else, but that is a truly remarkable offer. I'm sure there will be some that are swayed by your decision, and will now be able to attend.

Thank you for the most generous of offers.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Trying to register for PASOTI hasn't been very succesful, so we've acted off our own back. Hopefully they won't mind the extra support.
A couple of points...I'm registered on PASOTI so can post on there.
I have spoken to a mate of mine who has a printing firm and will do a basic banner on plastic covered linen for £25 which is just his cost.
Will put myself down for coach.

Kevin Ball

Sep 6, 2011
Woodchip - £300 will get 10 Brighton fans a matchticket and a meal and a pint amd entertainmant at our Green Taverners Fan Fest on the day - see pasoti for details - is this the thing? Or should I just arrange for one of my Argyle colleagues to handover the cash to you on the day? Whatever makes life easier and more enjoyable for you. Just let me know via email kevin.ball8 at hotmail.com

Feb 14, 2010
Green balloons for Liverpool and get BHA to brief the press why. Visual, cant be ignored and BHA briefing the press will mean it gets copy in the papers.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Woodchip - £300 will get 10 Brighton fans a matchticket and a meal and a pint amd entertainmant at our Green Taverners Fan Fest on the day - see pasoti for details - is this the thing? Or should I just arrange for one of my Argyle colleagues to handover the cash to you on the day? Whatever makes life easier and more enjoyable for you. Just let me know via email kevin.ball8 at hotmail.com

To assist with the Green Taverners bit and save going to PASOTI, the links can be found below taken from a post by the Taverners tonight.............

Thanks to Supporters Direct who have agreed to come and support PAFC.

Green Taverners along with the Argyle Fans' Trust we have put on a day full of fun for everyone coming to the supporters direct day.
Fanfest:-
The day will start at 12:00 with one of the legendary FanFest's which have become part of the football day at PAFC and with over 100 regulars at these events, make sure you buy your ticket for the fanfest below:-
Ticket are £25 for Non Ticket Holders and include your match day ticket, Pint and Pasty, or £5 if you have a ticket for the match, you will get a Pint and Pasty.
2011 September ... september/

Fundraising Evening:-
After the game we will have a Supporters Direct, Green Taverners and Argyle Fans' Trust party, with live entertainment. Come along and join us for the evening, and meet like minded fans.
Ticket are £15 for the evening and will include a free meal and pint.
2011 September ... september/

It's ticket only and numbers are limited, so needs organising in advance but there you have the means.

Great gesture Kev, hope that makes a decision or two for people. I'm in a similar boat re: attendance myself so i'm shouting petrol money for my Albion mates.

NB - Note to Woodchip, the 'Sussex Greens' flag is being handed over to Mike who you met at the Nelson meeting, it'll be there for the Liverpool/Leeds games.

As ever...........

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bhasign::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
so... are we going to need tickets for 24th?? views.... will the whole of plymouth wake up and attend?

I would, for a couple of reasons, one of them sadly not being the likelyhood of 'wider' Plymouth waking up. Firstly as I recall from the original Goldstone Fans United, lots of visitors arriving snarls up processes as everything needs explaining.

Secondly though, and most importantly, there aren't that many staff there to cope. If you buy in advance you'll have to buy a ticket at the ticket office then present it at the gate. The queue could be massive in the circumstances, most especially because the guys and gals behind the counter are on skeleton staff due to colleagues who can't afford to work all year for no pay having left.

The poor staff will be run off their feet to cater for this, Ridsdale won't get in any extra because that'll involve money, money he needs for his £20,000 pcm salary.

Upshot is if you can, get your ticket in advance, because every ticket bought is a ticket that won't need queuing up for on the day. That will ease the staffs work AND mean that more of your fellow Fans Reunited colleagues will get in before the game starts.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
I've just tweeted the website address fansreunited.co.uk in English German and French and will keep retweeting this. Even though i don't have many followers, one of my web geek mates has a lot of potential followers if he'll retweet it. I know quite a few football fans over here and in the Netherlands where I work so I'll see what awareness I can raise this side of the channel. Not much I know, but every little helps.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I've just tweeted the website address fansreunited.co.uk in English German and French and will keep retweeting this. Even though i don't have many followers, one of my web geek mates has a lot of potential followers if he'll retweet it. I know quite a few football fans over here and in the Netherlands where I work so I'll see what awareness I can raise this side of the channel. Not much I know, but every little helps.

Thats great, I noticed there is already a dutch fan following

Feb 14, 2010
I would, for a couple of reasons, one of them sadly not being the likelyhood of 'wider' Plymouth waking up. Firstly as I recall from the original Goldstone Fans United, lots of visitors arriving snarls up processes as everything needs explaining.

Secondly though, and most importantly, there aren't that many staff there to cope. If you buy in advance you'll have to buy a ticket at the ticket office then present it at the gate. The queue could be massive in the circumstances, most especially because the guys and gals behind the counter are on skeleton staff due to colleagues who can't afford to work all year for no pay having left.

The poor staff will be run off their feet to cater for this, Ridsdale won't get in any extra because that'll involve money, money he needs for his £20,000 pcm salary.

Upshot is if you can, get your ticket in advance, because every ticket bought is a ticket that won't need queuing up for on the day. That will ease the staffs work AND mean that more of your fellow Fans Reunited colleagues will get in before the game starts.

At Fans United, lots of people didnt pay to get n and climbed over the turnstile. I think a gate was opened as well as people didnt want to give cash to the board. Crazy times.

Feb 14, 2010

Yes Fan United is not Fans United without that German guy with the flag and hat.. was it a Utrecht flag in the North Stand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports