Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Is everyone that is going getting a ticket for the match as well? Will they let us in?

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Any Beds/Bucks seagulls interested in a car share? I am based in LB, probably too early in the day to drag Tomo out of bed so 2/3 spare seats available.
4.5 hr drive according to the AA

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Has Heaney's consortium got preferred bidder status because other sleeping partners in BIL will recoup their losses ? Do you think Plymouth City Council will allow the restrictive covenant on Home Park to be lifted ? If the BIL deal goes through , the covenant lifted and planning permission is granted for a retail park/cinema/hotel/housing will Argyle have to groundshare ? For a £1 investment , Ridsdale (Heaney's puppet) will own the club and be taking a massive salary as Chairman , what will happen if he decides to piss off after milking the club dry ?

A) We don't know. Through extra money to Mastpoint they greased the palms of the company who put up a new mortgage for the ground and who comprise former directors (the one's who ran up the debts). But because BIL base themselves in Gibraltar they're not obliged under Gibraltan law to disclose who they are.

B) We don't know. Presently we think not, any council that caused a megaplex or a shopping centre to be dropped into the 'green lung' of the City would itself be dropped by the City voters. However, and here's the scary bit, were the football club to be deliberately run into the ground and went out of business (and with the rent / Ridsdale salary costs of the BIL bid on decreasing gates it's quite likely) what would the council do with the resultant white elephant in the park?. If Home Park became a weed infested grafitti strewn eyesore, they'd have to rethink. It's worrying but it's an inescapable conclusion that it'd be to the advantage of the landlord for us to fail.

C) Maybe, but as above it's possible we'd be run into the ground first, as a going concern we have a natural fit with Home Park.

D) We'll have been run dry, we'll be dead. I've no problem with someone making a living off the back of a sucessful football club, i'm not anti-capitalist, but the model has to work, investment has to happen and rewards can THEN be reaped. He's already taking £20,000 a month though, on gates of 6,000. With no independent finace of his own, no bank will lend to us, no investor will see a return, so do the maths!.

Continued thanks, also to the Saints fans earlier who said they were coming. As a group you didn't cover yourselves in glory whilst relegating us last season so as a repair excercise that's a great gesture, thanks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The Brent bid still has it's issues. Brent has stated that he will install Ridsdale as Chairman. The difference though, is that he will merely be a salaried Chairman, put there for his contacts and inside knowledge. He will not have the run of the sweety shop as he would with the Heaney deal. Brent would retain the purse strings, keeping Ridsdale on a leash. There will also be a Fans Trust member on the board to ensure good communication and an open relationship with the fanbase, something which has been sadly lacking over the last 5-6 years.

Why? why why why. what hold does Ridsdale have over you all? I mean, he is someone that football fans can happily gather against, but he is going to be in regardless. I don't get that.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Why? why why why. what hold does Ridsdale have over you all? I mean, he is someone that football fans can happily gather against, but he is going to be in regardless. I don't get that.

I don't think James Brent has been that specific about an appointment. As I recall the most he said was that it would 'make sense' to utilise the experience of the man who has been running the football club through the adminstration period. To that extent i'd agree with him, continuity makes some sense otherwise some poor sap will be parachuted in and have to make sense of things. Then again JB said that some time ago and Ridsdale hasn't exactly endeared himself in the meantime, that could his former position on things and even then could just signal a transitional appointment.

Nothing is guarenteed regarding Ridsdale being involved at all, least of all the bash to his ego he'd have to swallow if he didn't get in with BIL. But yes, to a few fans who've sheltered themselves from reality and who SIMPLY just want to have the name Plymouth Argyle continue 'at any cost', he does have those who'll defend him. I don't get that attitude either, it's sad.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

I have personally thought this KG...... but as others have said, its for argyle fans to resolve their feelings over the current (and shady looking imho) deal and Ridsdale.

I am up for having footballs printed with Ridsdales head on and the tag "Kick Ridsdale out of Football" to throw around at home park.... but thats the Plymouths fans decision.

Read these two articles on Ridsdale and weep, the man is incompetent at best a shady parasite at worst. Footballs asset stripper?

Desteoyed Leeds United and left both Barnsley and Cardiff facing liquidation orders in administration...... and he's buying Plymouth and all its land assets for just £1 on behalf of a secretive Property Developer and his secret backers whom nobody knows (Pilgrims fans have you lost it? or just apathetic?), It's Brighton and Wrexham all over again

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/06/cardiff-chairman-peter-ridsdale-court-fraud

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=4403

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A) We don't know. Through extra money to Mastpoint they greased the palms of the company who put up a new mortgage for the ground and who comprise former directors (the one's who ran up the debts). But because BIL base themselves in Gibraltar they're not obliged under Gibraltan law to disclose who they are.

B) We don't know. Presently we think not, any council that caused a megaplex or a shopping centre to be dropped into the 'green lung' of the City would itself be dropped by the City voters. However, and here's the scary bit, were the football club to be deliberately run into the ground and went out of business (and with the rent / Ridsdale salary costs of the BIL bid on decreasing gates it's quite likely) what would the council do with the resultant white elephant in the park?. If Home Park became a weed infested grafitti strewn eyesore, they'd have to rethink. It's worrying but it's an inescapable conclusion that it'd be to the advantage of the landlord for us to fail.

C) Maybe, but as above it's possible we'd be run into the ground first, as a going concern we have a natural fit with Home Park.

D) We'll have been run dry, we'll be dead. I've no problem with someone making a living off the back of a sucessful football club, i'm not anti-capitalist, but the model has to work, investment has to happen and rewards can THEN be reaped. He's already taking £20,000 a month though, on gates of 6,000. With no independent finace of his own, no bank will lend to us, no investor will see a return, so do the maths!.

Continued thanks, also to the Saints fans earlier who said they were coming. As a group you didn't cover yourselves in glory whilst relegating us last season so as a repair excercise that's a great gesture, thanks.

I think one of the most powerful things you could do (assuming its not to late) would be to invite James Brent to the fans united days..... and unite around him, chant about him, banners "We want Brent" (who sounds like our wanted Liam Brady consortium)..... its clearly the deal with he best interest of the club and fans first.

if you think so be prepared to fight and fight hard for it..... Get behind Brent, laud him, sing his name try everything to get him there for soundbites with Plymouth fans around him for any cameras present

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think one of the most powerful things you could do (assuming its not to late) would be to invite James Brent to the fans united days..... and unite around him, chant about him, banners "We want Brent" (who sounds like our wanted Liam Brady consortium)..... its clearly the deal with he best interest of the club and fans first.

if you think so be prepared to fight and fight hard for it..... Get behind Brent, laud him, sing his name try everything to get him there for soundbites with Plymouth fans around him for any cameras present

You haven't got time to worry over the details to much.... its Brent or Ridsdale/Heaney. Pick your horse, and back it with everything

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think James Brent has been that specific about an appointment. As I recall the most he said was that it would 'make sense' to utilise the experience of the man who has been running the football club through the adminstration period. To that extent i'd agree with him, continuity makes some sense otherwise some poor sap will be parachuted in and have to make sense of things. Then again JB said that some time ago and Ridsdale hasn't exactly endeared himself in the meantime, that could his former position on things and even then could just signal a transitional appointment.

Nothing is guarenteed regarding Ridsdale being involved at all, least of all the bash to his ego he'd have to swallow if he didn't get in with BIL. But yes, to a few fans who've sheltered themselves from reality and who SIMPLY just want to have the name Plymouth Argyle continue 'at any cost', he does have those who'll defend him. I don't get that attitude either, it's sad.

Happy to be corrected on this. Thanks X Isle.

For what it's worth, I don't want Ridsdale anywhere near our club when the dust has settled.

I'll thank him for his efforts in staving off two winding up orders, prior to Admin, but then I'll happily help him load his suitcases into his car as he departs Plymouth for good.

Of course, one of the issues with the Football League share may well be Ridsdale court case which is still pending from his days at Cardiff.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The meeting last night.

Many thanks to all who attended including the Argyle fans. I won't go into too much detail yet as much of what we plan is dependant on getting quotes/permission from the club etc but this is a precis:

We agreed that the objective is to back the Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Trust in their fight to save the club.

The logo for the Friday night Leeds game is "Go Green - Save Argyle".

We plan to advertise by various means before the home games to promote the Fans Re-United event and remind Brighton fans of the success of the original Fans United.

We are encouraging Brighton fans to wear green on the day.

We are planning banners, flags, cards and balloons in the ground.

We are liaising with the Supporters Trust and other Argyle fan groups for maximum impact for the 24th September.

We are planning various online campaigns to raise awareness.

We are also contacting journalists, TV and radio presenters to highlight the campaign.

We are hoping to issue a press release in the next few days to formally outline what it's all about.

It's going to be a busy few weeks but many thanks to Woodchip for getting this all up and running.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The meeting last night.

Many thanks to all who attended including the Argyle fans. I won't go into too much detail yet as much of what we plan is dependant on getting quotes/permission from the club etc but this is a precis:

We agreed that the objective is to back the Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Trust in their fight to save the club.

The logo for the Friday night Leeds game is "Go Green - Save Argyle".

We plan to advertise by various means before the home games to promote the Fans Re-United event and remind Brighton fans of the success of the original Fans United.

We are encouraging Brighton fans to wear green on the day.

We are planning banners, flags, cards and balloons in the ground.

We are liaising with the Supporters Trust and other Argyle fan groups for maximum impact for the 24th September.

We are planning various online campaigns to raise awareness.

We are also contacting journalists, TV and radio presenters to highlight the campaign.

We are hoping to issue a press release in the next few days to formally outline what it's all about.

It's going to be a busy few weeks but many thanks to Woodchip for getting this all up and running.

Just emailed you.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
You haven't got time to worry over the details to much.... its Brent or Ridsdale/Heaney. Pick your horse, and back it with everything

That comment will make any passing Argyle fan roar with laughter. You are not to know but i've been on the Brent horse from day one and on the case of AFC Ridsdale Heaney from the off.

For months now my personal position has been..........

1) James Brent.
2) Liquidation and rebirth.
3) Hell freezing over.
4) Risdale and Heaney.

The vast majority would prefer Brent too, it's just the ordering of the other three options that causes debate.

Todays update by the way, looking better for 'my horse' but now the presence of a mysterious Monaco based consortium causes a Roger Moore like eyebrow raise................

Hi All

Been chasing around today as per the norm.

Haven't been able to speak with BG yet but have had communication with Peter Ridsdale and James Brent.

It is clear to me that the BIL bid is dead in the water. That hasn't been formally confirmed but if the money was forthcoming from BIL then in my view and from the snippets the press are picking up there is no way that people would be off to Monaco or engaging with James Brent.

I have been informed that there is a meeting with the Monaco based interest (whether Monaco location is a red herring who knows) tonight to fully test the seriousness of their interest. My understanding is IF the Monaco based interest was to become real then they would take over exactly the same deal (development of Central Park) as BIL.

Following this meeting a call will be made to JB to confirm if the Monaco interest is ready to move immediately. If not then P&A will engage with immediate effect with the Contingency Plan.

I am not sure whether we will hear of developments tonight or tomorrow morning. All I will say is that as soon as I know you will also!

Chris (Webb obo The Trust)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If there is anything I can do from Reading then please give me a shout and I will do what I can from here. I have been talking with some of the guys from work who will be attending with me on the day. Should be a group of 10-15 of us if all goes well. Many different clubs supported as well so there will be a few teams represented by us in our shirts. Also thinking of getting Fanunited 92 on the back of my shirt...

If there are any other seagulls in Reading/Berkshire we could organise a coach? If not I believe there is a train leaving around 10am from Reading on the day which takes about 3-3.5 hours to get to Plymouth without any changes so it will be an easy enough journey

If there is anything I can do from Reading then please give me a shout and I will do what I can from here. I have been talking with some of the guys from work who will be attending with me on the day. Should be a group of 10-15 of us if all goes well. Many different clubs supported as well so there will be a few teams represented by us in our shirts. Also thinking of getting Fanunited 92 on the back of my shirt...

If there are any other seagulls in Reading/Berkshire we could organise a coach? If not I believe there is a train leaving around 10am from Reading on the day which takes about 3-3.5 hours to get to Plymouth without any changes so it will be an easy enough journey

Think I'll get the train from Reading.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Todays update by the way, looking better for 'my horse' but now the presence of a mysterious Monaco based consortium causes a Roger Moore like eyebrow raise................

Monaco ? , oh yes , another tax haven where anonymity is assured when setting up a shell company. Is this BIL under a different guise minus Heaney and a ruse to derail the Brent bid as their gameplan is the same as BIL ? Suspicions would be raised if they become a preferred bidder to stop JB from entering negotiations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here