Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I know there are a few, I will ask around on PASOTI. I will also get a friend of mine who is a BHA fan to go to mine and pick up any argyle related things he can. I know he reads this site all the time so Dave there is your job for the cause

Happy to help. Let me know as soon as you can if you want a ticket for Jack. Even if he doesn't go to the Leeds game, I won't mind taking any of your colours / argyle things with me

Southampton_FC

Sep 3, 2011
between 20 + 30 saints fans )that i know of) expected to turn out.

keep up the good work guys. hopefully you can make more people aware with you're 2 live sky games coming up

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

keep up the good work guys. hopefully you can make more people aware with you're 2 live sky games coming up

excellent news , thanks.

RedRobinBCFC

Sep 5, 2011
Maybe someone could get in contact with Soccer AM or Football Focus to publicise this event, I'm sure they would help. If it's not to late, get 6 Brighton fans to go onto Soccer AM wearing Argyle shirts, that would be effective! Definitely think it's worth getting in contact with shows like this though.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Is anyone connected to the Royal Navy? Devonport is the largest Naval base in western Europe they must have an internal website you can post campagin on, get them to bring some instruments.

With 23 years service in Her Majestys Royal Navy (and still going!), I think it's fair to say I am connected to the Navy!!

I've been on to as many friends/colleagues as I can. There aren't many ships or sailors down our way now, but the message is out there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Excellent news from Saints. Still time to get a few more :wink:

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Coach travel to home park update

I've got two coaches put by with Eastbourne executive Travel, they have given me a substantial discount which means the coaches will cost £23 each to travel on the 24th, the coaches will leave withdean at 7am and hopefully get to Home Park for 12 midday.
If you want to book a place on the coach just email enquiries[MENTION=14331]blues[/MENTION]away.org or pm me with your name/s and a mobile number, I will reply to confirm your place/s
First coach is already half full as of now, all I ask is if you book on please turn up.
You can call/text me on 07725217233 but before 9:30pm please as I start work very early in the morning
Thanks
Joker (Jon)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Maybe someone could get in contact with Soccer AM or Football Focus to publicise this event, I'm sure they would help. If it's not to late, get 6 Brighton fans to go onto Soccer AM wearing Argyle shirts, that would be effective! Definitely think it's worth getting in contact with shows like this though.

I've contacted Soccer AM already, but heard nothing back as yet. I like the idea, but maybe it would work better with 3 Argyle and 3 Brighton together.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Seems a couple of Leeds fans on Twitter are jealous of us helping Argyle and not them when they were in trouble...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
We had a really productive first meeting. I'll write up the minutes tomorrow morning and stick them on here, Many thanks to all that turned up esp Goldstone Rapper, Woodchip, Lush who provided a lot of clarity to the meeting.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just when things were going so well, you had to add that last bit!!

Only kidding.

We're still allowed some rivalry based humour aren't we?!

Seriously though, thank you all.

Lol its all the rich fabric that makes footie great, and again thanks for all that info many eyes have been reading it, all helps. Just out of my own interest what do you guys think of PA going into liquidation and starting again as a community owned club like Stirling and Barca. Would be a long road but future would be in your hands no-one else's?

How Stirling Albion and FC Barcelona Show the Way Forward for Football | Bright Green

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
For fans travelling by train to Plymouth.

If anyone travels down by train, I know there are fans coming down by train!!! Maybe someone could arrange what time train everyone could get (any volunteers), so then everyone could get to Plymouth train station at the same time so then we could walk upto Home Park in one mass group rather than lots of little ones!!! And it would look good for the media if we could walk all together upto Home Park in mass numbers and I will meet you all at the train station here in Plymouth but would need someone to arrange a time for the train!!!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Lol its all the rich fabric that makes footie great, and again thanks for all that info many eyes have been reading it, all helps. Just out of my own interest what do you guys think of PA going into liquidation and starting again as a community owned club like Stirling and Barca. Would be a long road but future would be in your hands no-one else's?

This is something that has been debated long, hard and passionately on the message boards and in the pubs around Plymouth.

Clearly, I can't speak for anyone else, but the general feeling is that liquidation, though attractive for the reasons you mention, is not a pallatable option. PAFC in it's present guise has been around for 125 years. To have all that history swept away because of the actions of a handful of men would be devastating to the fans. We played AFC Wimbledon a few weeks back and had some of the Wombles at the Fans Fest. We had a good old natter with them and it's clear that the road back to league status would be a long one. A Trust run phoenix club would obviously have to start way down the league pyramid and it could be a decade or more before we see league football again.

Many have said that liquidation is preferable to Heaney/BIL/Ridsdale and I have some sympathy for that view. However, at least with that deal (if successful) we would retain our league status. Of course, the way things are going we may well be relegated come the end of the season and drop out of the football league anyway, but at least we would only be one league away.

Some have said that they won't be setting foot in Home Park again with a Heaney/BIL/Ridsdale run club. I respect their point of view and can see where they are coming from. But, at the end of the day, Chairmen/Boards come and go, they are only ever temporary custodians of football clubs. We are not a fashionable club, we don't sell millions of pounds worth of merchandise around the globe, we don't appear on TV week in week out. Our main income is gate receipts and every little helps.

The Brent bid is the one that will unite the fanbase around a well run, ethically sound club, at the centre of the community, that will not live beyond it's means.

The Brent bid still has it's issues. Brent has stated that he will install Ridsdale as Chairman. The difference though, is that he will merely be a salaried Chairman, put there for his contacts and inside knowledge. He will not have the run of the sweety shop as he would with the Heaney deal. Brent would retain the purse strings, keeping Ridsdale on a leash. There will also be a Fans Trust member on the board to ensure good communication and an open relationship with the fanbase, something which has been sadly lacking over the last 5-6 years.

For me personally, the Brent bid is the one that is most attractive. If it's a choice between liquidation and BIL/Heaney/Ridsdale, then I would have to, begrudgingly, accept the BIL deal. I just couldn't comprehend my club going out of business.

Some, who are far more cynical that I have mentioned that this is just the kind of feeling that Heaney/Ridsdale have been playing on over the past few weeks. Guilfoyle played the "There Is No Alternative" (to the BIL deal) mantra for a few weeks, playing on the heart strings of the fans. I feel we have been played/used by Guilfoyle/Heaney/Ridsdale to ensure the BIL deal is successful.

What they didn't bank on was the drive and passion of the Fans' Trust, mobilising the fan base and getting full square behind the Contingency Plan headed by Brent.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Talking about PAFC on 5live last night - click HERE
Go green - click HERE (Claridge is a twat for laughing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports