Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think we can safely tick Exeter City off the list: http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48558 Shame really, I was hoping they could put the hostilities aside for one day and take a few down there, but there doesn't seem to be any likelihood of that.

So we've seen Exeter, Leeds and Swindon being less than supportive. Swindon for some reason are still using their playoff defeat 7 years ago as a reason to get abusive. That and they feel that nobody helped the when they needed help. They are still dragging up the alleged waving of money by Albion players at their place during the playoffs as an excuse to not get involved. Pretty pathetic. Some have understood what's going on but the majority on Townend are still in the dark ages.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So we've seen Exeter, Leeds and Swindon being less than supportive. Swindon for some reason are still using their playoff defeat 7 years ago as a reason to get abusive. That and they feel that nobody helped the when they needed help. They are still dragging up the alleged waving of money by Albion players at their place during the playoffs as an excuse to not get involved. Pretty pathetic. Some have understood what's going on but the majority on Townend are still in the dark ages.

OK, the supporters of some clubs are a no. Great! We can now cross them off our list of potential supporters for the campaign, and ask the next forum on our list.

I contend we concentrate all our energies where it matters most rather than spend them harbouring resentments over people who have said no. It's going to take that level of focus to make this campaign impactful. We don't have that much time.

bhafc1901

Elliot
Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Is There another way we could raise money when we go down there, every £ counts and it could help to keep the club alive for another week or so. If we all bring down just a couple of quid. (I know we would have already spend money trying to get down there, but still...) with 4000 people say paying 2-3 Quid each, then £8000 odd pounds would be raised and that would help plymouth. The only thing is who would we give it to

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Todays update courtesy of Chris Webb (Argyle Trust)............

PASOTI View topic - UPDATE (Sorry for the vague nature) 5/9/11

(opening update post).............

Hi All

Today (much like any other day actually ) I have been chasing up on all things Argyle related.

I think that over the next 24hrs the picture will be a lot clearer. I had a call with Brendan Guilfoyle at lunchtime and have another scheduled tonight. Be in no doubt that I put across the anger, frustrations and views of supporters in that call.

BG confirmed that the money still has not arrived (surprise) and that there was a Conference call planned with BIL and lawyers this evening. BG confirmed that PAFC officials have talked to James Brent and also that he will be doing so himself.

I have to say (on behalf of myself not the Trust because I have not had the chance to speak with any of the Society Board) that it is time for Kevin Heaney / BIL to get out of our Football Club.

He is clearly relying on a multi factored deal that has about as much chance of coming together as I have of winning the lottery.

Our Club is on the life support machine. Our Players and Staff have gone without pay for 9 months. We are bottom of the Football League. We have a team of kids that need help. We have the best supporters in the Country and deserve better.

Come on P&A use this Conference Call to tell Kevin Heaney to pay up or get out. Use this week to speak to James Brent and not further waste the sacrifices of Argyles employees.

Supporters will protest with Red Cards this Saturday. With each passing day after that we will up the ante. No longer will we put our faith in the system. We will protest, lobby, march and do everything humanly possible to save our Football Club .

We have a matter of weeks (maximum) to save Argyle. Make the right call now and we can salvage our Club from this wreckage.

Chris

Needless to say....................

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bhasign::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
I've had an email from Andy Naylor:

Argus newsdesk is looking after this.

* Contact is James Glover.

* Kind regards, Andy Naylor

Encouraging!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This has been a big issue down at HP. It's been gut wrenching for many with regards to whether they get a ST/Matchday Ticket/Merchandise or not. Will that money just get soaked up by administrators?

I believe the answer is no. Firstly, the advance ST money is ringfenced and only being used as a match is played. I.E, after a home match, 1/23rd of the ST money is released to cover running costs of the club for that game. The pay on the dayer money is being used similarly......I think. I don't know for certain.

Any revenue generated (ie club shop) is needed to pay for the day to day running of the club. We still have bills to pay, travelling expenses for away games and the like. I am led to believe that the payment to the joint Administrator will be paid by whoever takes over the club and is not being paid at the moment.

I hope this doesn't influence any of your fans (and other club fans) to not want to come to HP for fans reunited day, or purchase stuff for your Green Day against Leeds.

The benefits of the publicity, the feel good factor and the comaraderie of the United Colours at Argyle will far outweigh the concerns of where money is going in my opinion.

The bottom line is the club is in real danger. We could be liquidated at any time if Guilfoyles boss is in the mood. This isn't right. I cannot, and will not let my club die because of the incompetence of one man, Guilfoyle.

I just want my club back.

Thanks for the reply, there needs to be choices made as to the who the campaign is going to back and target sounds like the way forward is behind Mr Brent who's said he would be "engaging deeply" with the Argyle Fans' Trust.

"[They] have a major role to play in the future governance of the club."
The former Citibank banker has set aside a strictly-capped seven-figure sum for the deal. He says he will not fund the administration process or pay for exclusivity with lead administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.

Not sure why he's calling himself a "reluctant bidder" though!?
He's a business man.

Cut and paste from This is Plymouth | THE two parties bidding to buy Plymouth Argyle have unveiled their plans for the administration-hit football club.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Thanks for the reply, there needs to be choices made as to the who the campaign is going to back and target sounds like the way forward is behind Mr Brent who's said he would be "engaging deeply" with the Argyle Fans' Trust.

"[They] have a major role to play in the future governance of the club."
The former Citibank banker has set aside a strictly-capped seven-figure sum for the deal. He says he will not fund the administration process or pay for exclusivity with lead administrator Brendan Guilfoyle.

Not sure why he's calling himself a "reluctant bidder" though!?
He's a business man.

Cut and paste from This is Plymouth | THE two parties bidding to buy Plymouth Argyle have unveiled their plans for the administration-hit football club.

I thought Dick Knight was something of a reluctant bidder (no doubt someone will correct me), and he saved us. Maybe Brent will be their saviour.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I thought Dick Knight was something of a reluctant bidder (no doubt someone will correct me), and he saved us. Maybe Brent will be their saviour.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

The only reason i say that is because unlike Dick who has been a life long fan of BHA, Mr Brent is not even a PA fan he's an entrepreneur.
I mean is it feasible for PA to do a Barca and for the fans to buy the club as another option?

RedRobinBCFC

Sep 5, 2011
Bristol City fan here! I live in Plymouth and occasionally visit Home Park for games, but when I stumbled upon this idea whilst visiting PASOTI I was quite frankly taken back by this idea, I feel it's absolutely brilliant and it says a lot about the Brighton fans. It's not the first time I have seen the best of Brighton either, because as you may know Bristol City a currently awaiting a new stadium, and during one of our meetings, Martin Parry made an appearance speaking of the benefits of a stadium build, helping us massively with our bid, this will never be forgotten and every Bristol City fan was happily shocked for him to make the journey and speak up!

As a regular poster on OTIB (Bristol City's Forum) I will certainly try to advertise this event as much as possible, I feel this event will be a massive success and I will definitely be there in my City shirt, with a green scarf! If there is anything else I can do to help, I am more than happy to oblige.

BHA definitely have the most genuine fan base in the country!

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
I've has contact today from Edd Moore from the Herald (South western Argus) and Des Kelly from the Daily Mail. Looks like we're really getting the message out there!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Bristol City fan here! I live in Plymouth and occasionally visit Home Park for games, but when I stumbled upon this idea whilst visiting PASOTI I was quite frankly taken back by this idea, I feel it's absolutely brilliant and it says a lot about the Brighton fans. It's not the first time I have seen the best of Brighton either, because as you may know Bristol City a currently awaiting a new stadium, and during one of our meetings, Martin Parry made an appearance speaking of the benefits of a stadium build, helping us massively with our bid, this will never be forgotten and every Bristol City fan was happily shocked for him to make the journey and speak up!

As a regular poster on OTIB (Bristol City's Forum) I will certainly try to advertise this event as much as possible, I feel this event will be a massive success and I will definitely be there in my City shirt, with a green scarf! If there is anything else I can do to help, I am more than happy to oblige.

Thankyou very much for your kind words and support, Bristol top place.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

I was literally just about to post on the Bristol City forum, but I expect as a regular poster on there you may hold more persuasion powers! Any support you can give will be fantastic, and just keep up with the news on here, pasoti, or the fans reunited website.

I'm a Brighton fan based in Bristol and if I am free (not sure yet) then I will hopefully be going down for at least one of the days, so if you organise any transport between you then I would be extremely grateful if there was space for me :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Todays update courtesy of Chris Webb (Argyle Trust)............

PASOTI View topic - UPDATE (Sorry for the vague nature) 5/9/11

(opening update post).............

Hi All

Today (much like any other day actually ) I have been chasing up on all things Argyle related.

I think that over the next 24hrs the picture will be a lot clearer. I had a call with Brendan Guilfoyle at lunchtime and have another scheduled tonight. Be in no doubt that I put across the anger, frustrations and views of supporters in that call.

BG confirmed that the money still has not arrived (surprise) and that there was a Conference call planned with BIL and lawyers this evening. BG confirmed that PAFC officials have talked to James Brent and also that he will be doing so himself.

I have to say (on behalf of myself not the Trust because I have not had the chance to speak with any of the Society Board) that it is time for Kevin Heaney / BIL to get out of our Football Club.

He is clearly relying on a multi factored deal that has about as much chance of coming together as I have of winning the lottery.

Our Club is on the life support machine. Our Players and Staff have gone without pay for 9 months. We are bottom of the Football League. We have a team of kids that need help. We have the best supporters in the Country and deserve better.

Come on P&A use this Conference Call to tell Kevin Heaney to pay up or get out. Use this week to speak to James Brent and not further waste the sacrifices of Argyles employees.

Supporters will protest with Red Cards this Saturday. With each passing day after that we will up the ante. No longer will we put our faith in the system. We will protest, lobby, march and do everything humanly possible to save our Football Club .

We have a matter of weeks (maximum) to save Argyle. Make the right call now and we can salvage our Club from this wreckage.

Chris

Needless to say....................

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bhasign::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Has Heaney's consortium got preferred bidder status because other sleeping partners in BIL will recoup their losses ? Do you think Plymouth City Council will allow the restrictive covenant on Home Park to be lifted ? If the BIL deal goes through , the covenant lifted and planning permission is granted for a retail park/cinema/hotel/housing will Argyle have to groundshare ? For a £1 investment , Ridsdale (Heaney's puppet) will own the club and be taking a massive salary as Chairman , what will happen if he decides to piss off after milking the club dry ?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is anyone connected to the Royal Navy? Devonport is the largest Naval base in western Europe they must have an internal website you can post campagin on, get them to bring some instruments.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports