Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
And specifically what did Perry say about NSC? I think he needs to wake up to the fact it's full of Albion fans who care and has become a vital source of information for so many unable to get through to the club.

I think you need to take off your rose tinted specs.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
They do have to comply with it as it's the law. My brother is a building surveyor and has been saying it to various people at the club. What I don't understand is how the club think that they are complying with it by putting the 70 spaces at the University. I think if they look at it a little bit more they need to be a certain distance away and the spaces at the University are not. Paul Rogers wasn't even aware that the West Stand Disabled area (North End) could only be accesssed via the North Stand.

Really, what part of 'The Law' is that exactly then. I think you'll find they are recommendations that cannot be legally enforced. I'll stand corrected if you can quote what 'laws' the club are breaking though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Didn't actually hear the broardcast but have read alot of post on the subject. How the hell can the club determine how many disabled parking spaces will be needed. Morevover those wingers should look at where we are now compaired to the last 14 years. I for one would like to shake the hand of MP, TB, and GP good times ahead.

There are quite a lot of ways to make an estimate, especially with a heep of historical data available.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Other than the disabled issue and the screen, what was the moaning about? I am/was unable to listen to it.

Thanks muchly in advance.
please don't bracket disabled concerns as moaning. It's not what this thread is about, and we need to be very careful that genuine unanswered questions specific to individual needs are saddled with all the groaning about pie queues, handdryers not working in the toilets, restricted views etc which any sane person would not argue is more important than having waited 14 years and with a week to go suddenly find out you might physically now not be able to attend because the clubs made a bit of a mess here. I recognise NSC posters not familiar with the issues raised by disabled fans might not be able to differentiate between anxiety and moaning but do please try. Anyway both on and off air MP has agreed to meet with disabled representatives to iron out the disabled concerns that remain. Good man in that respect, will see how that goes.

The stadium (my first visit tonight) is utterly utterly amazing by the way for anyone yet to go. I too congratulated MP and others on an incredible monumental behemoth success!! I got very emotional waundering around the west stand beforehand; it's hard to take in and express the absolute joy I felt when I finally clapped eyes on the inside from the platinum suite; it's truly a beautiful new home. Somewhat awed by the occasion, a JFK moment if ever there were one.

And yes, the pies really are that good!!!!

Sep 1, 2010
It is the personal perception of 'Disability' that is pissing me off. If by disability you mean being able to walk perfectly well to falmer station and get a train back to brighton walking better than i can on most days then then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves. The same person that personified sarcasm is a fraud and i am not going to change my mind on that. Having said that purely by what i saw and heard first hand, there seems to be some big issues to be ironed out which of course there needs to be lessons learnt by the club. I am however stunned at what i heard this evening purely by who the 'under the breath' comments it came from. You know who you are surely, and you a disgrace to people that really need equality and assistance

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
please don't bracket disabled concerns as moaning. It's not what this thread is about, and we need to be very careful that genuine unanswered questions specific to individual needs are saddled with all the groaning about pie queues, handdryers not working in the toilets, restricted views etc which any sane person would not argue is more important than having waited 14 years and with a week to go suddenly find out you might physically now not be able to attend because the clubs made a bit of a mess here. I recognise NSC posters not familiar with the issues raised by disabled fans might not be able to differentiate between anxiety and moaning but do please try. Anyway both on and off air MP has agreed to meet with disabled representatives to iron out the disabled concerns that remain. Good man in that respect, will see how that goes.

The stadium (my first visit tonight) is utterly utterly amazing by the way for anyone yet to go. I too congratulated MP and others on an incredible monumental behemoth success!! I got very emotional waundering around the west stand beforehand; it's hard to take in and express the absolute joy I felt when I finally clapped eyes on the inside from the platinum suite; it's truly a beautiful new home. Somewhat awed by the occasion, a JFK moment if ever there were one.

And yes, the pies really are that good!!!!

Has Martin agreed to meet with the disabled fans? That is what needs to happen. Maybe then he will get a better understanding.

By the way the pies are very nice!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I think the problem is that the majority of people who attend these things are a little odd - you know the ones, middle aged plus and still collecting autographs, always wearing their replica shirt over a tracksuit or jumper, always carrying a sainsburys bag etc.

I'm sure the powers that be realise this, and will have a good chuckle about it in the morning.

Note to self: Ditch the Sainsburys bag tomorrow

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has Martin agreed to meet with the disabled fans? That is what needs to happen. Maybe then he will get a better understanding.

Yes he has.

Its all just advice and guidelines though isn't it, they are not obliged to comply with it.
It is, indeed, guidance. I was responding to a question about whether the Club complied with the guidance that has been endorsed by the National Association of Disabled Supporters. The fact is that they don't. That is all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So you want perfection? Is perfection realistic? We probably have the best disabled facilities in the UK for a stadium and you feel its realistic to cater for eveyones needs? An old chinese proverb says you can please most people most of the time but you can't please everyone all of the time.

Hi simon, don't take lord b on over this matter as he'll likely make toast of you because you don't appear best qualified to start speaking on behalf of the club over this matter. If you were disabled or were close to any one of the number of disabled fans who are desperately still trying to get answers so they know whether they can come to the first big match in just 4 days then you'd be asking the same questions.

All that's being said here is that every able bodied fan knows how they can get to the Amex on saturday. But not all disabled fans do yet. With just 4 days to go. You need to understand this. If you have any questions I'm happy to take offline if you pm me and I'll even give you a call to explain things better than typing lengthy posts. Cheers! And yes, the stadium is amazing if you've yet to visit. Took my breath away walking up for first time tonight!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Indeed he has. Good man in that respect. I was very happy with that outcome because understandably you can't go into individual needs at such an event. So objective achieved and worth the 4hr round trip to ask. Quicker than ringing the club some
would argue too ;)

And the pies, THE PIES.....!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
It is the personal perception of 'Disability' that is pissing me off. If by disability you mean being able to walk perfectly well to falmer station and get a train back to brighton walking better than i can on most days then then some people need to take a long hard look at themselves. The same person that personified sarcasm is a fraud and i am not going to change my mind on that. Having said that purely by what i saw and heard first hand, there seems to be some big issues to be ironed out which of course there needs to be lessons learnt by the club. I am however stunned at what i heard this evening purely by who the 'under the breath' comments it came from. You know who you are surely, and you a disgrace to people that really need equality and assistance

This is aq really good point SOME people who have blue badges can easily walk and RUN without help, the problem lays with the Doctors who issue blue disabled badges on a whim :-(
I suppose that i will be cast aside for stating this but i know several PROMINENT people who use these badges and can walk unaided

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
If we not careful we going to push people like Poyet and Bloom away from our club with all the moaning, its getting very embarassing now and for a while on here it was exactly the same as it sounded like was 2nite at fans forum.
We gotta appreciate where come in such a short time and enjoy it not be wanting more, please dont push these people out that helping our club improve our prestige.
Stop the damn moaning

This is aq really good point SOME people who have blue badges can easily walk and RUN without help, the problem lays with the Doctors who issue blue disabled badges on a whim :-(
I suppose that i will be cast aside for stating this but i know several PROMINENT people who use these badges and can walk unaided
That's about as relevant to the large number of fans with genuine mobility impairments as it would be if you said that you knew that there were crooks in high places in FIFA and therefore no-one should have anything to do with the crooked sport of soccerball.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
If we not careful we going to push people like Poyet and Bloom away from our club with all the moaning, its getting very embarassing now and for a while on here it was exactly the same as it sounded like was 2nite at fans forum.
We gotta appreciate where come in such a short time and enjoy it not be wanting more, please dont push these people out that helping our club improve our prestige.
Stop the damn moaning

It's not moaning - its dealing with people that have mobilty issues and illnessess.

I'm sure that Gus and Tony understand that. The problem is that Martin has said one thing and done another.

What would you have said if you were told in JAnuary your season ticket was £400.00 and then in July "oh it's now £580.00"

I don't think that you would have liked it and its no different for disabled fans to be told to find £180.00

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Stop the damn moaning

Don't think bloom is going to walk away anytime yet after such an investment?!! And i think we should credit poyet with knowing the difference between anxiety/concerns (disabled fans re: their issues) and moaning (somebody talking about ticket allocations which conpletely lost me, i really couldnt follow what their point was / and whether they'll be queues for trains....! Etc etc)

The stadium is mAgnificent - and those who helped deliver it big and small are right to feel proud. Legends. Simple as.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
That's about as relevant to the large number of fans with genuine mobility impairments as it would be if you said that you knew that there were crooks in high places in FIFA and therefore no-one should have anything to do with the crooked sport of soccerball.

Lord, You know exactly what i am referring to, genuine disabled people always have and always will be looked after, but unfortunately some people with help of the medical profession jump onto this "bandwagon" if you dont agree with this i am sorry to say that you are disillusioned

Lord, You know exactly what i am referring to, genuine disabled people always have and always will be looked after, but unfortunately some people with help of the medical profession jump onto this "bandwagon" if you dont agree with this i am sorry to say that you are disillusioned
Not disillusioned at all. I used to be a member of a government advisory committee that reviewed the workings of the Blue Badge scheme and managed to get some of our recommendations incorporated in the current law. The extent of abuse is nowhere near as great now as it used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here