Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I went and asked the question about the new training facilities and was surprised to hear they plan to have them up and running by mid 2013!

Agree about the whingers - totally ruined the night for most. I appreciate they may have concerns but I felt these should be taken up directly with the club rather than at a forum when most people wanted to know about hopes and plans for the season. Felt totally embarassed to be honest and probably won't bother again.

Looking round the ground last night it seemed to me that a massive effort has gone into providing us with infinitely better facilities than we've ever had before - the seats are great, leg room amazing, views great - and yet some people just don't seem happy unless there's something to moan about. Maybe they should stay at Withdean and watch the reserves - I bet they'll get a parking space there.

Spoke to MP and TB last night and thanked them for all they have done on behalf of the fans. PS - I sunk a couple of pints of Harveys as well - very nice too!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Surely if needs must, the driver can drop the diasabled person off at a stadium entrance and then drive to a parking space?

Sorted then I'll drop myself off at the stadium and send my car off to park itself and then it can come and pick me up after the game, Why did'nt I think of that before.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
the whole "i am disabled so demand a free car parking space next to the ground thing" is a bit too raaaa.

this should have been kept separate from the fans forum.

i think the club have done massively well for the disabled fans we have.

we now also have a club V nsc relationship that could take years to fix....thanks Naylor you complete lemon....oh, u want ppl buying your rag instead of coming on here....i get it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Real classic this is...you and Brighton Q on here,moaning about people who are moaning at the Fans Forum. Let's get one thing perfectly clear,the whole idea of a Fans Forum to iron out any issues that arise. Of course we are all grateful for our new home and what this current board and Gus/Tanno have done and all the fans that attended rallies,wrote letters,signed petitions, Are we all supposed to go to the forums and arselick and say everything in the garden is rosy? The issue with the disabled fans is that at presentations they were told that there would be free parking but the goalposts have been moved,they now have to pay quite a considerable sum of money every season,so how does that equate with away disabled supporters ,will they be charged too.( I will add that this issue does not affect me as I'm 1901,but my fellow disabled supporters need a voice too) As I'm disabled I haver been charged to park at any ground,(Indeed,a small club like Bournemouth not only let you park free but you are allowed with your carer to enter free,although it is suggested that you put a small donation in their charity box) I realise of course that parking places at the Amex is limited but the clarification of entitlement has not been forthcoming. Did you had a point to make? You were noticed by your abscence at the Fans Forum and calling people whingeing twats because they have legimate issues is below the belt,for christ sake we are all Brighton fans,slag off Palace or Leeds and Cardiff,whatever you choose but never slag off your fellow fans,have different views by all means but it would be appreciated if you did it in a polite manner. On a brighter note I personallY thanked MP AND TB (and asked him for a game of poker) afterwards. I just hope that people who complained about these issues,never,never,end up with a disability.

Mate,don't take it the wrong way,it was NOT only about disabled issues,what about the bloke who went on for 10 minutes about away membership points and then the bloke who asked about getting a household name striker?.It was also the aggressive manner in which these people were speaking to the people who have delivered us something we thought we could only dream about.I am sorry but the ironic laughs i heard on the radio from people who were there said it all.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
[QUOTE=Lindfield by the

However, there have been representations to the club over the last 4/5 months and nothing has been forthcoming.

9 years we have been consulting

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Brunswick clearly you don't understand that the disabled have tried numerous times to get this sorted and despite what you've been told and, sorry, almost want to believe... there are many such fans who have paid money followed the club for decades who are in limbo today, 4 days before the first biggy and don't know whether they can get to the match! Please understand this. Disabled fans have just as much a right to go as you and I; and should you ever be affected by such illness or condition or god forbid your children, I'm sure be more understanding. Believe me, disabled fans just want to get on and talk about the football, enjoy the prematch banter and so forth but first they've got to know whether they are able to get there! MP told me personally
of several things that had not exactly gone to plan and I think these have caught up with the club / time has run out. Disabled fans have been given lots of conflicting advice by the club, and the club have to take responsibility for this. And they are - mp agreed to a meeting to discuss these issues with representatives. Good man in that respect. And remember - keep the disabled issues separate to all the nonsense about queues for trains,pies etc! Totally different and you won't find me or anyone in the disabled camp moaning about these. Feel very sorry for MP having to field questions of that nature on the eve of an amazing new era just as you do!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Mate,don't take it the wrong way,it was NOT only about disabled issues,what about the bloke who went on for 10 minutes about away membership points and then the bloke who asked about getting a household name striker?.It was also the aggressive manner in which these people were speaking to the people who have delivered us something we thought we could only dream about.I am sorry but the ironic laughs i heard on the radio from people who were there said it all.
Ow totally agree. Unfortunately disabled issues are getting lumped with these and with respect to these fans, they did great disservice indirectly and unintentionally to disabled community last night by creating a feeling of ungratefulness which many fans are rightly angry about. Do understand that disabled fans and their families are talking about entirely separate issues

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have had some small exposure to the disabled badge issue taking my mother out. When we could we would use a disabled space, and where we felt it was not an obstruction we would sometimes use double yellows. If we had to park further away we would get the wheelchair out and I would push her further. It may not be perfect on the first day - but it will all be addressed in time. Meantime if people have to be a bit more adaptable so be it. There is a lot for the club to sort out. If you have not got a space close by, or you need to get someone to drop you off, or whatever you need to do - just get on with it. One aspect of the club over the years has been willingness to listen to the supporters. I do not see why Martin Perry's office would have been closed to this.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thanks for the reply,agree some of the questions are naff,I did thank the board and Gus on the position we now find ourselves with the stadium before I opened up the disabled access issue. Fans Forums are designed to iron out issues and the main reason this was bought to the fore was despite repeated Emails to the club no answer was received and what they were told about at the presentation was entirely different to what the situation is now,as another poster had put it,if you had been told that your ST was £400 so you paid for it, then they later turn round and say,"Oh BTW we want another £180 for you to be able to come to the stadium would'nt anybody be upset. (PS I was there there and facepalmed when the the "Household name" query was asked) Appreciate your reply and thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My Neighbour has a blue badge and can still play footie,run every night.I feel sorry for the real disabled fans that need looking after but I bet 90 per cent of the moaners are just benefit cheating frauds that claim blue badges etc when f*** all wrong with them.Then have the cheek to moan at the club really pisses me off.

I've only seen this, as your post has been reported. Could just delete your post, but as it's already been quoted, I'd have to delete all those too. In truth, I think that unless something breaks house rules, then even if it is deliberately offensive or provocative, in some ways it's better left, so people can see and judge the poster accordingly. It's nice to see from your red pip that the new function is working, too.

As for the actually content of the post - the suggestion that 90% are 'benefit cheats' is ludicrous, but then you knew that when you posted it. I'm an able bodied STH, with two able- bodied kids, and I am slightly concerned about how I'm going to get to and from the ground - the disabled fans have good reason to feel uneasy, and will remain so until a few games in, or as and when they / the club, have found a workable solution.

Probably best that you keep your puerile shit-stirring for threads on less sensitive issues.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn't hear anything last night that I haven't read on Nsc recently. The difference is that the board were there to hear and were put on the spot to answer directly. Some issues were genuine concerns and, as has been posted on another thread, some questions were ridiculous but had gone through other's minds previously.
Previous fans forums have been criticised for being dominated by the 'lickers'

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've only seen this, as your post has been reported. Could just delete your post, but as it's already been quoted, I'd have to delete all those too. In truth, I think that unless something breaks house rules, then even if it is deliberately offensive or provocative, in some ways it's better left, so people can see and judge the poster accordingly. It's nice to see from your red pip that the new function is working, too.

As for the actually content of the post - the suggestion that 90% are 'benefit cheats' is ludicrous, but then you knew that when you posted it. I'm an able bodied STH, with two able- bodied kids, and I am slightly concerned about how I'm going to get to and from the ground - the disabled fans have good reason to feel uneasy, and will remain so until a few games in, or as and when they / the club, have found a workable solution.

Probably best that you keep your puerile shit-stirring for threads on less sensitive issues.

every word of THIS

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we now also have a club V nsc relationship that could take years to fix....thanks Naylor you complete lemon....oh, u want ppl buying your rag instead of coming on here....i get it.

Fix? Perry and Brown have never liked NSC. Fact.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't hear anything last night that I haven't read on Nsc recently. The difference is that the board were there to hear and were put on the spot to answer directly. Some issues were genuine concerns and, as has been posted on another thread, some questions were ridiculous but had gone through other's minds previously.
Previous fans forums have been criticised for being dominated by the 'lickers'

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Judging by the amount of moaning reported here I'm not sure I want tro hear it. What a shame after all that has been achieved!

FFS Perry and co have been having smoke blown up their arses for months now. Perry has been hosting tours of gushing fans weekly. And rightly so. What's the big deal that in one arena he gets a few awkward questions?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Sorted then I'll drop myself off at the stadium and send my car off to park itself and then it can come and pick me up after the game, Why did'nt I think of that before.

So just because you are disabled it stops you from being like most other fans and having hastle getting to games? Don't you have any mates to drop you off then?

This whole thing has got completely out of hand in my opinion. Surely the Club could just set up a park and ride with disabled access transport.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
FFS Perry and co have been having smoke blown up their arses for months now. Perry has been hosting tours of gushing fans weekly. And rightly so. What's the big deal that in one arena he gets a few awkward questions?

And rightly so! All this moaning is getting on my nerves. If people don't like it - hand back your tickets - there are plenty of people without!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So just because you are disabled it stops you from being like most other fans and having hastle getting to games? Don't you have any mates to drop you off then?

This whole thing has got completely out of hand in my opinion. Surely the Club could just set up a park and ride with disabled access transport.

Your entitled to your opinion like everybody is and from my opinion no it has'nt got out of hand it's just been brushed under the carpet by the club, And yes the club could set up a park and ride with disabled access transport as was suggested to them in January but the club chose to ignore it which is part of the reason we've got this mess now. And as for having hassle getting to games that is something that will affect everybody it's just that for some of us Just because we're disabled we're not sure as things stand whether we'll even be able to get there or not until the club sorts something out.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex

You clearly have no idea on this issue and suggest you don't post on it again before you cause real offence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here