Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Not disillusioned at all. I used to be a member of a government advisory committee that reviewed the workings of the Blue Badge scheme and managed to get some of our recommendations incorporated in the current law. The extent of abuse is nowhere near as great now as it used to be.

Lord, spend an hour at Ann Street in Worthing at the south side of the Guildbourne car park and watch the people who park on double yellow lines with blue badges and return to their cars, and you will see my point !!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My Neighbour has a blue badge and can still play footie,run every night.I feel sorry for the real disabled fans that need looking after but I bet 90 per cent of the moaners are just benefit cheating frauds that claim blue badges etc when f*** all wrong with them.Then have the cheek to moan at the club really pisses me off.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Fans forums make me cringe. Line up 4 blokes who have given us a brand new stadium, Championship football and the brightest outlook we've ever had and give them an hour of shit.

If you don't like it, f*** off. Whingeing twats.
Real classic this is...you and Brighton Q on here,moaning about people who are moaning at the Fans Forum. Let's get one thing perfectly clear,the whole idea of a Fans Forum to iron out any issues that arise. Of course we are all grateful for our new home and what this current board and Gus/Tanno have done and all the fans that attended rallies,wrote letters,signed petitions, Are we all supposed to go to the forums and arselick and say everything in the garden is rosy? The issue with the disabled fans is that at presentations they were told that there would be free parking but the goalposts have been moved,they now have to pay quite a considerable sum of money every season,so how does that equate with away disabled supporters ,will they be charged too.( I will add that this issue does not affect me as I'm 1901,but my fellow disabled supporters need a voice too) As I'm disabled I haver been charged to park at any ground,(Indeed,a small club like Bournemouth not only let you park free but you are allowed with your carer to enter free,although it is suggested that you put a small donation in their charity box) I realise of course that parking places at the Amex is limited but the clarification of entitlement has not been forthcoming. Did you had a point to make? You were noticed by your abscence at the Fans Forum and calling people whingeing twats because they have legimate issues is below the belt,for christ sake we are all Brighton fans,slag off Palace or Leeds and Cardiff,whatever you choose but never slag off your fellow fans,have different views by all means but it would be appreciated if you did it in a polite manner. On a brighter note I personallY thanked MP AND TB (and asked him for a game of poker) afterwards. I just hope that people who complained about these issues,never,never,end up with a disability.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Lord, spend an hour at Ann Street in Worthing at the south side of the Guildbourne car park and watch the people who park on double yellow lines with blue badges and return to their cars, and you will see my point !!
You have to be careful with this...firstly the driver does not have to be the disabled person as long as the disabled person is in the car. Secondly,a disabled person does not have to be in a wheelchair,you do not know if they have a serious heart/cancer problem,I agree that the badge is misused,as at Withers when people borrowed disabled badges from family members to park at the Sportsman,but please,not all are blue badge abusers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My Neighbour has a blue badge and can still play footie,run every night.I feel sorry for the real disabled fans that need looking after but I bet 90 per cent of the moaners are just benefit cheating frauds that claim blue badges etc when f*** all wrong with them.Then have the cheek to moan at the club really pisses me off.

I think it's probably more like 99% ;) everyone knows disabled fans earn a nice little earner on the side through fraud. Like that bloke in little Britain (Andy?).... Come on vulture, this is supposed to be serious. If it's 90% please present your research?! ;)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I think it's probably more like 99% ;) everyone knows disabled fans earn a nice little earner on the side through fraud. Like that bloke in little Britain (Andy?).... Come on vulture, this is supposed to be serious. If it's 90% please present your research?! ;)

Come on you know that not all cases are genuine.75 per cent of people on incap where FIT to work and i have seen loads of people on those scoters than can walk.Just use them to get more benefits.Of course the genuine people that are disabled should be looked after but as has been pointed out the man that gave martin perry a hard time tonight is not genuine.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
You have to be careful with this...firstly the driver does not have to be the disabled person as long as the disabled person is in the car. Secondly,a disabled person does not have to be in a wheelchair,you do not know if they have a serious heart/cancer problem,I agree that the badge is misused,as at Withers when people borrowed disabled badges from family members to park at the Sportsman,but please,not all are blue badge abusers.

If you read my earlier posts you will see that i am not saying ALL blue badge holders are misusing the entitlement, but in my view a genuine disabled person HAS to be in the car when the blue badge is USED !!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seagull on the wing, in fairness to timbo he doesn't mean disabled fans issues, just those moaning about pies, tickets and so forth. Don't assume people moaning about moaners mean disabled fans. The two are getting (perhaps inevitably) tangled up and people need to step back and realise it's not the same. Least if youre able to differentiate - which won't be the case wih many I'm afraid because theyve not taken the time to understand the issues. Lots of people log onto NSC with the attention span of a mosquito you know! Anyway, night all, well done the club for such positive response and we'll help them get there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Come on you know that not all cases are genuine.75 per cent of people on incap where FIT to work and i have seen loads of people on those scoters than can walk.Just use them to get more benefits.Of course the genuine people that are disabled should be looked after but as has been pointed out the man that gave martin perry a hard time tonight is not genuine.
Which man? Can u describe him? I was the able bodied good looking guy 6ft resembling brad pit and I asked a question

Why not come to the disabled car park on Saturday and tell the 90 per cent of the supporters using it that they are moaning, benefit cheating frauds?

It's not far from Dick's Bar, if you want to get beered-up first.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Why not come to the disabled car park on Saturday and tell the 90 per cent of the supporters using it that they are moaning, benefit cheating frauds?

typical now father christmas comes out and has a pop.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING

Interesting that you didnt answer my posts Lord !! anyway am of 2 bed now, lets all just get behing the ALB :)

You've forgotten the dodgy geezers who use fraudulently claimed benefits to get hold of a subsidised Motability Range Rover and sell it on for a profit. There are MILLIONS of them.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Following the Fans Forum I sent an email to MP about an hour ago to express my support for what he has done for the club. I have just received the following response:

"Thank you very much for your very kind e-mail – I very much appreciate the fact that you have taken the trouble to write to me. It is disappointing when people appear to be so negative about what is a fantastic stadium. But I know that we all have done a fantastic job and we have got one of the best stadiums in the country.

Once again very many thanks for your very kind e-mail."

It would be good if as many grat

Thanks Simon. MP is a top man and we are so lucky to have him.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Seagull on the wing, in fairness to timbo he doesn't mean disabled fans issues, just those moaning about pies, tickets and so forth. Don't assume people moaning about moaners mean disabled fans. The two are getting (perhaps inevitably) tangled up and people need to step back and realise it's not the same. Least if youre able to differentiate - which won't be the case wih many I'm afraid because theyve not taken the time to understand the issues. Lots of people log onto NSC with the attention span of a mosquito you know! Anyway, night all, well done the club for such positive response and we'll help them get there.
If that is the case then I'll apologise,but he did say " Gave them an hour of shit"seeing that the forum lasted 55mins then I naturally thought that it included all questions including the disabled questions and to say" f*** off whingeing twats" is a generalisatation of all questioners...including your goodself.

Sep 1, 2010
That's about as relevant to the large number of fans with genuine mobility impairments as it would be if you said that you knew that there were crooks in high places in FIFA and therefore no-one should have anything to do with the crooked sport of soccerball.

No it is not, by a long long way. It seems to me that there are still alot of swipers out there shouting louder than they should be. The trouble in this country is the definition part of many issues and it is no different here. I have serious health problems classed as a disability, but i am not hanging on the moral tail of people of people of genuine needs. Maybe i should be part of a government advisory committee too. It is the old addage, some people are more equal than others

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here